No announcement yet.

Why so much of Ggg hate now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
    Since the end of WWII Boxing has been increasingly a loser's sport. Working class people suddenly became Middle and Upper-class, so their kids have been going to team sports. Also, the supply of fighters traditionally came from the children of European immigrants, which was also largely cut-off.

Not that there haven't been great fighters, but the talent pool has been falling off. And that attracts more and more people who like the idea of Boxing as a B-rate sport.

Golovkin defies that. He's a legit killer. Much better than any American Middleweight post WWII not named Robinson.

He's like Lomachenko, Fury, and Usyk. Old school. He's got true heart, and is a master craftsman. Not just a thug who probably should've been aborted.

People should be enjoying this era. It's only a matter of time before former Communist countries are as rich as the West, and their kids are doing team sports, too.
    Man stfu

Loma, usyk and ggg are all privileged hype jobs due to one reason and you know what that is.

Yet a Latino fighter has to go above and beyond to get his credit by the biased media.

But like always these hype jobs get exposed like Loma agianst salido and more recently ggg agianst canelo.

Luckily for usyk he’s in a bum division no one cares about so it will probably take longer for his exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
      Ggg, is one helluva fighter no doubt. My only issues with him is the anyone from 154-168 can get it.
      I've been looking into that quote and it seems his manager made it in 2012 thats even before ggg came to america and when they asked golovkin about ward he said maybe yes. You holding this against him for staying at 160, is that it?

hell ward himself said he was maybe going to heavyweight ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
        The only thing I know is he’s got enough money now that his great grandkids are going to be wiping their ass with money like Broner.
        True, and he holds on to his money better than Broner and is worth about 50 million now and counting while Broner is worth about 10 million.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinggod101 View Post
          Now? GGG always had haters and always had dummies calling me lil G, Bumlovkin or 97G. Nothing new
          Yea certain posters on this site have been foaming at the mouth in anger ever since his first fight on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
            Man stfu

Loma, usyk and ggg are all privileged hype jobs due to one reason and you know what that is.

Yet a Latino fighter has to go above and beyond to get his credit by the biased media.

But like always these hype jobs get exposed like Loma agianst salido and more recently ggg agianst canelo.

Luckily for usyk he’s in a bum division no one cares about so it will probably take longer for his exposure.
            Nobody who's actually watched them fight would say that.

Can you name one "Latino" fighter who's looked as good on film? When I think of Latino fighters the words "hype job" are the first to come to mind... Chavez, De La Hoya, Sanchez. Lots of guys who were good, but talked about like they're among the best ever by their rabid delusional fans.

Again, please watch a little boxing before posting. That way people here might actually take you seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post
              Man stfu

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                Yes, sir. Racism isn't the first thing.

I wish you could look at the fighters without their skin color first. People could call YOU a racist. Some say you hate with passion: Davis, Spence, Crawford, Ward, Floyd, and all other good black fighters.

Maybe people are reacting to fans like yourself.
                I hold no hatred in my heart and value all people regardless of race colour and creed

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
                  It sure is a strange one, i mean basing whether u like/hate/really hate an athlete based on your perceptions of their fans which may for some even come down to a handful of fanboys on a website! lol.... ^^
                  I'll explain my position. When I first saw GGG fight beginning early 2010s, I thought "Wow.. Good fighter." I didn't even get a chance to know him more, out came the comparisons to every great boxer who ever lived, including modern greats, like Floyd. I was fine with all that, although it wasn't sitting that well.

Then came out of nowhere a horde of KKK like fanboys who started to demean and denigrate almost every other good non-white fighters. The hype and hate of non-white boxers went over the roof. That's when I pulled back and looked at the evidence: Eye test and resume.

Been a critic ever since, now a little mellowed out!
                  Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-28-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                    I hold no hatred in my heart and value all people regardless of race colour and creed
                    Lovely.

Even if you did, remember you can change your mind anytime about anything. Hate eats at people and can lead to major diseases!

Cheers, Chris.

I remember your name, too, from a few years ago! Is that correct?

Comment

GGG was hyped up as this killer who could knock out anyone in the division.
                      Then he pulled a welterweight up to 160 and acted like it was some great feat.
                      Then he fights Jacobs and it was a tough fight for him.
                      People said Canelo would never fight him. Then they said Canelo would never fight him at 160. Both happens and GGG couldn’t get the KO. His fans cried robbery and said Canelo would never stand and trade with the almighty GGG. Well Canelo came forward, dares GGG to try and KO humans he wasn’t up to the task.
                      Guy’s legacy took a major hit. He’ll go down as a good fighter that didn’t look so great once he faces elite guys at 160.

Comment

Working...
                      X