Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Albertocrn View Post
    What an idiot am pretty sure this is more than what he got paid fighting Wilder...
    The official purses were:
    Wilder $2.1 million,
    Ortiz $500,000.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I get that you want to try and get all you can but asking for $10 mil under the circumstances is taking advantage of the situation and being greedy AF IMO.
      I don’t even mind that I would ask for 20 million but at the end of the day there is no way I’m leaving that negotiation table without securing the bag.... Furthermore I don’t think Ortiz is that stupid, the fight will be announced Saturday.

Comment

That's 10 times what he got to fight Wilder. I'm an Ortiz fan but I can't defend that.

Comment

This where John Skipper needs to step in and make the deal and fight we all want to see in NYC

Comment

eddie should just cancel this card, let Joshua fight Ruiz in England in june, and Whyte -Rivas winner latter this years.

Comment

Originally posted by blitted_master View Post
              NONSENSE. Ortiz's stock has skyrocketed since that great fight with Wilder.
              Then plummeted when he went 12 rounds with Kauffman. Who are you anyway his great grandson?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Ortiz has a better resume than Miller? It's literally exactly the same.

Equally crap.
                Ortiz fought the WBC heavyweight champion, producing an
                exciting and talked-about fight which helped both of their
                stock, especially Wilder's, to skyrocket. That fight is still
                fairly fresh in people's memory. In contrast, Miller had never
                been involved in a world title fight, is much lesser known,
                and the most accomplished opponent that he had faced
                was an old, over-the-hill, blown-up former cruiserweight
                champion. Yes, Ortiz has a better resume and a better
                reputation.

Comment

You idiots are so clueless and think you know about purses, regardless of what any fighter made in the past, Wilder is now worth over $100 million, get a clue, lolllllllllll

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I get that you want to try and get all you can but asking for $10 mil under the circumstances is taking advantage of the situation and being greedy AF IMO.
                    Idk man. Isn't that called negotiating? Guy tries to offer you $4k for your used car that you feel is worth $6k & you counter his $4k offer with a "nah I need at least 8". Are you being greedy or strategic? I guess you'd be greedy if he agrees to $8k, but your attempt was one of tactics in my example.

This is a free market sport unlike any other where deal making is a larger part of the business for all parties. Guys should be lowballing & highballing back n forth coming to a middle ground if you ask me. But for sure the nature of the beast is promoters are trying to pay fighters less money & boxers are trying to get more money.
                    Last edited by Eff Pandas; 04-24-2019, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by minemax View Post
                      The official purses were:
                      Wilder $2.1 million,
                      Ortiz $500,000.
                      Yeah but I heard Ortiz got a Haymon sidecheck of $4.6M so still more altogether than Hearn is willing to offer.

Comment

Working...
                      X