Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Ortiz Turned Down $5M, Asked For $10M To Fight Joshua 6/1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So to you idiots who are saying Ortiz should get more money, answer this. How much of the promotion has Ortiz done? How many of the tickets has he sold? DAZN could literally get a trash man from New York and put him in there with AJ and it would be a near sellout crowd. Ortiz has been fighting on the under cards since the Wilder fight. A fight in which he was paid 500k, 10 times lower than the 5 million he is turning down, plus 4 belts. There has to be a point in which even though you guys hate Hearn and AJ, yo have to admit that these guys are running scared, scared to pop dirty, or just greedy. Ortiz may even be all three

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
      If Miller was worth 6 or 7 million, then surely Ortiz is worth 10.
      Miller had never faced or beaten a legitimate contender, and he
      was mostly selected because he had already aligned himself
      with DAZN. Ortiz has a better resume, a more fearsome rep,
      and would probably generate more interest with fans in NY
      than Miller. Ortiz deserves to make more than Miller would have.
      Matchroom wont even consider spending the money on Ortiz
      when they can have Michael Hunter for a million. They don't
      care. Joshua's fans, at least the British ones, are not picky.
      Ortiz has a better resume than Miller? It's literally exactly the same.

Equally crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
        If Miller was worth 6 or 7 million, then surely Ortiz is worth 10.
        Miller beat Duhaupas, Ortiz beat Jennings.

They both have poor resume with 1 solid win. they are the same.

Comment

Wilder's crackhead fans out here like Ortiz's financial manager.

"Good on you bro. 5million is chump change for someone like you"

Comment

I think Ortiz's stock went up after the Wilder fight as he was just a hair away from winning the fight.

His receptions have been much louder since then. Everyone knows King Kong Ortiz has real skills and very good technique with power.

Dude should take that pay day even though it is short notice considering his age.

The Haymon crew is trying to do everything they can to not play nice with Top Rank and DAZN. If he is smart Ortiz would be set for life with that AJ pay day.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
              Miller beat Duhaupas, Ortiz beat Jennings.

They both have poor resume with 1 solid win. they are the same.
              Could argue that because Miller beat Washington, a recent challenger, his resume is better

Comment

The same money does sound fair but isn’t Miller in Hearn’s stable of fighters? Then he probably was always going to get paid more than fighters outside his stable.

Comment

Don't understand Hearn, he says the replacement will get the same money as Miller then offers less. What's he playing at? Just offer the same money or slightly more and get this fight signed. No wonder Ortiz is pis5ed off. Let's see if they turn down $7m if he still declines then Ortiz is definitely ducking most likely due to PEDS in his system but at least make the offer Hearn. Offering less is just a joke especially when the fat bum Miller was getting $6.5m.

Comment

If hearn wasnt offering the same Miller was supposed to get then that's a bull**** offer.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      Luis Ortiz deserves at the very least the same amount that Jarrell Miller was going to get. Hearn needs to quit being a tightwad.

Especially since it's on short notice.
                      Negative, the Promotional tour is over, damn near all the tickets are sold. Ortiz had NOTHING to do with it. 5 mill would be his highest payday, even after he retires. Wilder/Haymon gave him 500k.
                      Next

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      I think this was a real good offer. I can see Ortiz's team trying to hold out for at least what Miller was going to make. I don't want to hear crap from team Ortiz though, he should take the 5 mil. He won't get anything near that for holding out to fight Wilder
                      Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                      “So look, if you want to fight I’m here and stop saying I priced myself out because I’ve never had no offers to fight you. With all respect to you for all you have done, I’ll fight you for just about any money you offer me so if you can’t work out the Miller fight, I’m here and ready." -Luis Ortiz
                      Both of these 2 quotes are spot on!

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      I don’t agree, as Miller is a fairly unknown quantity which is easier to hype. But I think it’s irrelevent anyway.

Even if you feel the offer is a little low as a matter of academics, in reality that is a solid offer of a 5 million dollar payday, against the no.1 of the division for 3/4 belts. A rematch would net him well north of 10 million.

I can’t see any justification at all, especially considering what he was paid vs Wilder
                      Exactly. he'd bank close to 3 mill. His daughter would get all the treatment she'd need.

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      yup...but the hearn buttboys will run around saying "hearn offered x amount of times his biggest payday" and run around repeating it over and over

Theres a thing called a market price...and hearn set it...6.5 for miller than Ortiz is worth at least every penny of that

hes not worth more..or 10 million

but hes worth at least 6.5....it doesn't matter what Ortiz previous high payday is...doesn't matter AT ALL.....hearn set the market price and then lowballed
                      Market price? C'mon kid. Promotional tour is over. Tix nearly sold out. Ortiz has NOTHING to offer promotion at this point, other than being in the opposite corner vs AJ fighting for 3 of 4 titles. As Ortiz already stated “So look, if you want to fight I’m here and stop saying I priced myself out because I’ve never had no offers to fight you. With all respect to you for all you have done, I’ll fight you for just about any money you offer me so if you can’t work out the Miller fight, I’m here and ready."

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      lowball confirmed

hearn sets market price for miller at 6.5

offers higher ranked guy 5 mil...higher ranked guy also had FOTY candidate in nyc against a top 3 HW previously

somehow hearn thinks miller is worth more than Ortiz=crazy

lowball confirmed...attempt to kill fight complete...way to go eddie

best part is these aren't the only guys to accuse hearn of lowballing...it spans not only the HW division too
                      Alright kid, you actually are deluded, thanks for clarifying

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      If Hearn hopes to save this card with a compelling main event then Luis Ortiz is his only hope.

Otherwise he will have to resort to complete unknowns like Michael Hunter.

Just pay the man what you were going to pay Miller and let's go. It's already in the budget.
                      I have no issue with the 6.5 Miller was going to make, BUT 5 mill is nothing to sniff at, especially when Ortiz has stated repeatedly and as recently as February of this year that he'd fight AJ "for just about any money you offer me so if you can’t work out the Miller fight, I’m here and ready."

Comment

Working...
                      X