Arum is panicking because Crawford/Khan PPV flopped

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Yeah great for boxing fans right?
    Boxers are overpaid, maybe If the greedy boxers who think they can sell flies (fans in this analogy) to ***** should take a damn paycut. Crawford is nowhere near the same star status that Canelo or AJ are and he never will be.

That entire PPV card was total dog crap! Supply and demand if the numbers aren't good, well perhaps you should be looking to stack your undercard with COMPETITIVE fights and lower the dang PPV price-tag.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Skull View Post
      Boxers are overpaid, maybe If the greedy boxers who think they can sell flies (fans in this analogy) to ***** should take a damn paycut. Crawford is nowhere near the same star status that Canelo or AJ are and he never will be.

That entire PPV card was total dog crap! Supply and demand if the numbers aren't good, well perhaps you should be looking to stack your undercard with COMPETITIVE fights and lower the dang PPV price-tag.
      Personally am praying for the death of PPV everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        God damn. Wtf did i say last night????

Comment

why would anyone think this fight would do good numbers??? khan aint who he used to be. this aint pre-freddie roach khan. khan had the juice when he was still with roach. since then, his popularity has died down a lot!! even mr.capone aint on his nutts anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
            I love when people celebrate fights losing money...I mean, will it be worth celebrating when these networks decide to get out of the boxing business cuz these rival promoters can’t get it together and make the fights fans are willing to pay for?
            We should be happy if it flopped. Bob is a greedy ass ***, so if Khan vs Crawford had done well I wouldn't put it above him to try to make a rematch because the fight ended in "controversy".

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Well said.

To be frank with you, MCC, Spence-Crawford has lost a lot of luster for me. Still a good fight but, after seeing both their fights, it's just one among the many 'just OK' fights to make.

Instead, Danny Garcia against either of these, interests me more now. Maybe I'm alone here.

Not sure it's worth the headache of dealing with Arum.
              dude, have you lost your sh#1 or is everything you post agenda-driven? After the Spence-Garcia fight you grouped Danny with Berto and Collazo as for weak fighters Pacquiao should be fighting. Just keep it real man, you don't want to see Spence-Crawford bc Spence might lose.

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Mikey would beat the hell of the Pacman now without even needing any tuneups. Not a smart pick. Fight Berto, Collazo, or Danny Garcia at the highest.

Comment

bob sitting there thinking bout picking up the phone to call manny and make him an offer to sign with TR again lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  90% of PPV's are bought the day of the fight. The tracking for the fight was 100-150 K it might hit 200k but that would be where it tops out.

Both fighters had a higher guarantee than Spence/Garcia. Arum lost his shirt on that fight. That's why he was screaming boycott PBC & playing the race card after the fight. He needs Haymon to save him from a bad deal he signed.

People keep saying Crawford was ****** for resigning with Top Rank. Not me. That was the best decision he could've made. Arum was ****** resigning Crawford to that deal. Now he needs Haymon fighters to recoup his losses &.make good on the promises he made to ESPN .

Crawford's trainer/manager Bomac said Crawford would fight 3 times a year the next 3 years. I don't see that happening. Brook is a good fight but not PPV. Top Rank is losing money on Crawford's fights. A buyout may be imminent.
                  Arum could very easily create a huge selling PPV but it would require matching Crawford against Loma in a modern day Leonard/Duran fight but that will not happen.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    PPVs flopping means fewer fights on PPV. Why should fans want PPVs to do well? It just means they'll be asked to pay for more fights.
                    even though Haymon lost a ton on Pacquiao Broner doesn’t mean Pacquiao is fighting on non ppv cards anytime soon. Your Logic is flawed

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                      dude, have you lost your sh#1 or is everything you post agenda-driven? After the Spence-Garcia fight you grouped Danny with Berto and Collazo as for weak fighters Pacquiao should be fighting. Just keep it real man, you don't want to see Spence-Crawford bc Spence might lose.
                      Yes, sir, you are right. But why can't I change my mind after seeing how vicious Garcia looked? I know he was fighting Granados, but I never saw him so vicious and determined. I have never seen Danny that way before.

Things and minds change. Never said he would beat either. What agenda? Garcia vs Spence would be great, if they wanted to avoid dealing with Arum.

To add, neither Spence nor Crawford looked great to me.
                      Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 04-24-2019, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X