Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Luis Ortiz Reject Hearn's "Lowball Offer" To Face Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
    You are talking about Miller. Nobody outside USA cares about Miller.
    Agree. Miller garbage.
    That's why AJ picked him

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      In what world has Jarrell Miller fought better competition than Luis Ortiz? Gtfoh
      In the real world and certainly not in the alternative universe where Wilder fanboys live.

Miller's last 5 wins - Gerald Washington, Mariusz Wach, Johann Duhaupas, Tomasz Adamek, Bogdan Dinu
      Ortiz's last 5 wins - David Allen, Daniel Martz, Răzvan Cojanu, Travis Kauffman, Christian Hammer

As funny as it is, Dave Allen is Ortiz's best win in recent years, and he was an 11-fight novice when he fought Ortiz.

As I already said, Ortiz has been fighting bums on undercards in recent years, he's done nothing to earn a title shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Opponents change with the value changing accordingly.

Jarrell Miller was getting $6.5m for the fight, and Luis Ortiz is objectively worth more than Miller, nevermind on short notice.
        Miller was being over paid at $6.5m Neither Miller or Ortiz are worth $6.5m neither guy sells tickets or draw big ratings.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
          Miller was being over paid at $6.5m Neither Miller or Ortiz are worth $6.5m neither guy sells tickets or draw big ratings.
          Doesn't matter; $6.5m was put up for Jarell Miller, and Luis Ortiz is worth far more than Miller is.

Comment

• Originally posted by guyver8 View Post
            I have no idea, but I want people to reveal the figures they would expect Ortiz accept, as it does 1 of of either 2 things.

It makes you look delusional if you say something silly like $10m

Or if you say something reasonable, when the numbers come out, you can't backtrack.
            All we know is it was a lowball offer said by Ortizs people.

Comment

• Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
              How is this taking Hearn's side? It's common sense.

Why do you care what he was offered?

The point here is:

a) Ortiz got paid $500k against Wilder (which he lost).
              b) He literally stated in February: "I’ll fight you for just about any money you offer me so if you can’t work out the Miller fight, I’m here and ready. I’ll fight you in the USA or UK"

Funny how you glance over that. If you seriously think he was offered no more than $500k, then you're just spinning bottles at this point and trying to argue when you're in the wrong.

If it comes out that Ortiz was offered at least $1 million, what will your tone be?

Are you still going to try to say the same BS or are you going to keep bashing Hearn/AJ and demand Ortiz get paid more?
              If Ortiz does not agree to the math of what Joshua would be paid and what he should be paid and how much the fight generates...then that's his choice. His people came out and said that it was a low ball offer. I expected that when his name was mentioned as a replacement. Most people are still saying these words when it comes to Joshua: It's the most money that they will be paid" like they're just supposed to take what they're offered. What was Ortiz offered? Do you at least know that much?

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                this is all I'm asking but I keep getting bombarded with Ortiz biggest purse being 500k and that hes 50 years old.
                l wouldn't even care if he was even offered more than 500k. I'm tired of Joshuas fans defending this coward and his weasel promoter. I said that he would rot in the UK and so far that's what's happening. He's not even relevant anymore Up. He's just wasting away on the sidelines lining up bum ass fights...

Comment

• "OK Luis here's your slice of the money in blue.

What do you mean you don't want to fight?

Why does everyone keep ducking me??"

Comment

• Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
                    "OK Luis here's your slice of the money in blue.

What do you mean you don't want to fight?

Why does everyone keep ducking me??"

You think Joshua should be talking percentages with Luis Ortiz?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                      Just because its your biggest pay day doesn't mean you didn't get short changed. Value to a fight event changes from fight to fight.

Ortiz value in the June Joshua fight is far greater than it was for the Wilder fight.

1. He is a late sub which will save the event.
                      2. He brings much more credibility than Miller.
                      3. He is Cuban and will bring more fans than any other sub.

Should Ortiz take less than Miller to make a better event? Not saying he got offered less but for now the last word on this issue is that Eddie lowballed them.
                      Lolx.... Trust me, after AJ names his next opponent for June 1, the simple called Ortiz bogeyman title is gone and dusted.
                      Hez a fccking chicken on PED using liwball to cycle off.

Comment

Working...
                      X