Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what fighter in history has a better record then lomachenko after 14 fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingTrav View Post
    Pretty much every good young prospect was undefeated after 14 fights
    But they were beating cherry picked prelim fighters not champions that's the BIG difference.

Comment

Usyk's is better right now imo.

However even if it wasnt, number of fights isnt really all that important. Loma has been a pro for 5.5 years.

Plenty of fighters have better resumes after that amount of time.

Dont make me bring age into it either

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        I'd also like to give an honorable mention to Inoue
        He deserves it. He is a little monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
          any names? his resume seems to be coming under fire so should be hundreds if not thousands of fighters considering the long history of the sport who have done more by this point?
          There are a few people in history who are comparable but he may be best, prob a question for Stephen Edwards.

Thing is it's a completely stupid point and thread...there is no one really comparable because every fighter of that talent plain has gone pro between 16-21 with only a handful of exceptions.

To me he comes across as a guy who will fight anyone, but he has a promoter who does things in a certain way. Arum will push his guys only so far until they are in a position to maximise their earnings...then he may put them in a true 50/50

I think the newer promoters are far more fan friendly in their approach, in the sense that they will put their guys at risk faster and more often.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTrav View Post
            Pretty much every good young prospect was undefeated after 14 fights
            But did they win 3 world titles in 3 different weight classes Check Mate

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              STFU you fuking idiot and hater of great Eastern European champions. Salido is not in Loma's class and you damn well know it. He came in way over weight and fought dirty as hell and got away with it and most viewers still thought Loma won. It was Loma's second pro fight. Loma offered Salido a rematch and Salido turned it down knowing he had no chance. Salido's tainted win is all you Loma haters have got and that's why you keep bringing him up. Loma will be an all time great while Salido will be an all time average.
              He could have immediately rematched Salido at 130. He rehydrated 12 pounds in his following fight with Russell so weight isnt an excuse. I have no hate towards Loma just speaking the truth.

Comment

how many people were 31 after 14 fights?

Comment

But they were beating cherry picked prelim fighters not champions that's the BIG difference.
                  I was just joking. I knew what you meant. The Loma question is interesting. He chose to remain an amateur for a very long time, so his career has been rushed. We also have to eliminate the tournament from our thoughts as well.

Loma is to be commended for his post Salido streak. His victories over Russell, Walters and Rigo were the sweet science at its finest.

Comment

Nobody. He has the best amateur record and the best pro record of only 14 fights. Mayweather won his first world title in his 17th pro fight. Loma has won world titles in 3 weight classes in 14 pro fights. His lose to Salido is meaningless because he was so green to the pro game and Loma came in way over weight and fought dirty and got away with it and most thought Loma deserved the win anyway.
                    why mention floyd??? floyd turned pro at 19, loma turned pro at 25....huge difference..at 25 floyd was a 2 division lineal champion and by 31 which is the age loma is now he was a 6 time champion in 5 divisions with names like

castillo
                    corrales
                    hatton
                    oscar
                    judah
                    gatti
                    Last edited by Larry the boss; 04-16-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                      how many people were 31 after 14 fights?
                      Rigondeaux was 34. But Lomachenko wasn't a typical prospect so he never fought 4-5 times a year starting out like most guys do.

Comment

Working...
                      X