No announcement yet.

Boxing Is Truly a Sport For C-level Athletes... Imagine Zion WIlliamson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
    It wouldn't mean anything. Athleticism only gets you so far in boxing. In sports like basketball and football, you can never truly learn how to play the game and have a 10 year career just because you're super athletic.

explain Deontay Wilder. you can be 10X more skilled like Luis Ortiz. It won't matter.

a football washout had more skills than him. Gerald Washington.

Comment

u kinda do get the feeling that boxing is the resting place for people who didnt make it in other sports sometimes, there may be something to it but who cares

Comment

With that Athleticism why in the HELL would he waste time with Boxing and all the Politics and Corruption that comes with it. He is only 18 and is about to become a Millionaire here in the next couple of months with probably the biggest shoe contract ever as well as other crazy Endorsements

Boxing is just not worth it and it is a very slim chance that you will ever make Mayweather type of money on top of Corporations really don't see Boxers being viable or marketable to sell products for their company. When a Boxer is in a Major Commercial most people are asking "WHO IS THAT GUY" compared to the other athletes

Saquon Barkley is another Super Athlete that probably could've actually chose Boxing! His father Boxed and Iran Barkley is his Uncle but he just loved football more:

Comment

Sometimes I do wonder what if some of these freakish athletes of other sports trained as a boxer at a young age, what would their potential be?

In the sport of boxing, I can only count a few guys being freak athletes, Roy Jones being one, Mike Tyson being another, Naseem Hamed, Loma, Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
            imagine for a second this beast transitions to boxing. Same height as Deontay Wilder. 100 lbs heavier. Yet and still Faster. More agiel. More Co-ordinated and about 10X more explosive. He can dunk from the freethrow line. Deontay can't even dunk.

Also note the extreme high fighting success structure in the face.

0 chance of having a glass jaw.

those kind of FWHR have not been seen since a prime Cassius Clay

I used to believe this, but i'm not so sure. Many D1 type athletes have turned to boxing and it didn't pan out.

It's a strange algorithm, to be good at fighting. Some of the guy would have a hard time ever being hit. And the cardio training, weight cuts, dieting is NOT for everyone.

I disagree and do not think it is this simple AT ALL.

I feel the same about soccer..

Comment

LOL, Basketball isn't a sport. It's a game. I didn't even know people still follow it, to be honest.

Really who do you know that watches basketball?

Definitely the best athletes are in other sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Airtioteclint View Post
                This only tells me you don't know **** in both basketball and boxing.
                Thank You!

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                  ya it's not the skills of basketball that will transition. Luka Doncic for example is prob more skilled but doesn't mean he would make a good fighter.

Imagine being punched in the face by this dude. LMFAO
                  Yeah, but with a name like Doncic, you gotta assume he'd do much better. This kid in your videos is atheltic because he descends from prey animals. Doncic, I am assuming, is Croatian or Serbian (or something like that). Those people are warriors. Look at how well the Croatian team did in the World Cup. Modric won the Ballon d'Or... a much more prestigious award than anything basketball can offer. Stellar athlete, but not big and fast. Same w/ Mirko CroCop - the dude was amazing at kickboxing and MMA, despite not being the biggest dude, nor the most atheltic. He'd never play college basketball, or play any other position in Football other than QB. But the dude was made to be a fighter. Croatians (really most people out of Africa) hadto evolve from prey to predators to survive. Not to mention thousands of years of warfare.

I have worked with protection breeds and wolves... none of them are as fast a Horse. None are really as fast as a full grown buck. That's because even canines (the best runners of nature's predators) don't need to be as fast as their prey... they only need to wear it down. The strategy for the prey isn't to beat the predator; rather its to be the one who gets away while a slower member of the herd goes down.

this kid might be very explosive, but that doesn't mean he'd survive in combat sports. Not at all. If anything, the physical ability is an indication that he's not mentally predisposed for it.
                  Last edited by Rusty Tromboni; 04-14-2019, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                    I used to believe this, but i'm not so sure. Many D1 type athletes have turned to boxing and it didn't pan out.

It's a strange algorithm, to be good at fighting. Some of the guy would have a hard time ever being hit. And the cardio training, weight cuts, dieting is NOT for everyone.

I disagree and do not think it is this simple AT ALL.

I feel the same about soccer..
                    LOOk at MMA, and Boxing. There've been plenty of cross-over attempts. Often the don't go well.

Remember H.S.? When your football coach made you guys Wrestle how did it go? I've seen lots of big strong dudes just like this kid break down.... like go spastic... trying to wrestle. It's funny to watch, but then you step back and realize this is the individual's limit. They've reached their ceiling. They're great at football and basketball, but the stress of wrestling is too much.

Now, Wrestling is a lot harder than Boxing, but you get the idea.

Similar to selection. How many basketball players do you see surviving Ranger selection? No hope. Prey vs. Predator mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
                      u kinda do get the feeling that boxing is the resting place for people who didnt make it in other sports sometimes, there may be something to it but who cares

Since the end of WWII, yes.

Can you iamgine Bryce Harper, Messi, or MikeTrout in Boxing? They'd probably do very well. But they're not just fast, or good at jumping. They can do a lot more than that.

Basketball isn't really a sport. It's a game.

Comment

Working...
                      X