Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Hearn Doesn't Know D*ck About Promoting In The U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
    Wilder is at the money threshold where it no longer makes sense for him to be fighting off of PPV. Tough, but that's just the reality.

The Breazeale fight was supposed to be PPV (Showtime/CBS is taking in on the chin to support the relationship), this coming Joshua undisputed heavyweight championship fight is heading to PPV (Pulev is due, Usyk has no need or ground to rush his shot, and Arum has already laid his marker on being a pain for those talks), and then you've got some interesting fights behind that that will be due and call for PPV.

Still, a matchup will come around, that isn't the greatest sell for PPV, and FOX will have the opportunity to ponder putting up the money needed to make that defense free to air
    I agree. If Wilder is successful against Breazeale, then who do you predict that his next opponent will be?

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
      I suspect its more that Hearn has had a behind-the-scenes chat with Bob, and Bob has rammed it home to him that Hearn's best bet is to outsource marketing in the US to the US outfits, and not get trampled on away soil. And whatever one thinks of Hearn, he's smart enough to recognise that Bob is right.

Bob's comment is just signing off on what they agreed behind the scenes (in his own sweet-talking way), and Hearn's good natured reception of it confirmation that whatever got agreed is going to see dollars flow his way, so he doesn't care how Bob words it.
      Bob Arum is kissing cousins with Frank Warren though, with Warren's entire stable affiliated.

Eddie Hearn is sharp enough to not fall for such a play, I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        lol Joey Spencer is garbage though. Karlos Baldaras is a much more legit prospect. Haymon should start pushing him not Spencer.
        Argue the quality of either prospect all you want; that doesn't matter in this conversation. Both fighters will get the opportunity to have the country watch them develop, and if they do develop into something, you'd end up with known fighters taking events back home.

Wilder to Birmingham (Tuscaloosa seems to be hating), Danny Garcia to Philly, Thurman to his part of Florida, Charlo brothers to Houston, Spence to Dallas, David Benevidez bringing his first show to his part of Arizona, Omar Figueroa Jr to his part of Texas, etc.

Jarrett Hurd is taking a big show home, Caleb Plant has a big fight heading to Nashville, etc.

Beyond that, you stumble onto new/old hotbeds for fights (DMV, Philly, Chicago, etc if enough fighters come together).

There's enough space for everyone to get pushed if they're good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by PotentialToast View Post
          AJ v Miller has about 16k sales so far and it is clear it will be a sell out. If Hearn is that bad a promoter, then are Bob and Al going to do better with Fury and Wilder's next fights? Hardly likely.

Also, Hearn has just got $$$ for Khan and stupid $$$ for Crolla off Bob; far more than DAZN would have paid. Bob salty?
          The fight has been on sale for over two months now, and you can still go to the official MSG site and buy face value seats for about a third of the lower bowl. And that's before you count the tickets that went to brokers as "sold" for resale.

No idea where you pulled 16k, but whatever.

Khan cashed out the last fight of his deal with Eddie (after getting Eddie to overpay for two bull**** fights) lol

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            I agree. If Wilder is successful against Breazeale, then who do you predict that his next opponent will be?
            Anthony Joshua, tbh.

Joshua has the IBF mandatory due, the WBO opportunity is only given to a champion making a direct challenge to the champion in the division above him, and Eddie Hearn (in reaching out for the shiny pot of money on DAZN) hasn't done the greatest job in strengthening the relationship with Sky Sports, with Adam Smith saying as much (don't think that Sky can't foresee DAZN coming after their market too).

A bunch of conversations will be had, and there are a bunch of moving parts, but that's my guess (a split of everything closer to 60/40 than 50/50, T-Mobile Arena hosts the fight, SHOPPV in the US, Sky Box Office in the UK, handshake on a rematch for the winner with the blessing of the IBF).

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
              The fight has been on sale for over two months now, and you can still go to the official MSG site and buy face value seats for about a third of the lower bowl. And that's before you count the tickets that went to brokers as "sold" for resale.

No idea where you pulled 16k, but whatever.

Khan cashed out the last fight of his deal with Eddie (after getting Eddie to overpay for two bull**** fights) lol
              16k was reported by Hearn on one of his videos. I bought my tickets recently at face value and roughly counted up the available (4-5k left would be about right).

I dare say Eddie pockets a few quid from Crawford v Khan

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                In North America , to have that many tickets sold already is just not possible especially for boxing
                Now if it was a Floyd , Pac or Canelo fight i can see that happening , meaning tickets being purchased by fans
                Usually you’ll get the ringside tickets sold and maybe the lower bowl this early 16000 tickets sold for two guys nobody knows here , I smell bullchit
                They are expecting 10k+ Brits. I've got my tickets already so could book flights and accomodation in advance. I do agree that some sales will be people trying to make a few quid when it does sell out.
                Last edited by PotentialToast; 04-13-2019, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  AJ to cashbout, especially if Whyte is installed WBC mandatory

Comment

Working...
                  X