Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Hearn Doesn't Know D*ck About Promoting In The U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    lol Joey Spencer is garbage though. Karlos Baldaras is a much more legit prospect. Haymon should start pushing him not Spencer.
    Spencer is garbage? Okay.

Balderas is the goods and this is a big year for him. He had some health issues hold him back last year but time for him to get his name out there with the likes of Lopez and Stevenson.

Comment

I think Arum is just threatened tbh. Hearn's Philadelphia show with Tevin Farmer did much better in ticket sales than Arum's Philadelphia show with that garbage Gvodzyk fight. Joshua vs Miller is outselling Crawford-Khan at the gate as well. Crawford-Khan will almost certainly flop on PPV and I can't imagine that ESPN is thrilled about that garbage Fury vs Schwarz matchup either.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Spencer is garbage? Okay.

Balderas is the goods and this is a big year for him. He had some health issues hold him back last year but time for him to get his name out there with the likes of Lopez and Stevenson.
        I'm not impressed. He looks slow and his defense needs a lot of work. Of course he's still young so he might improve a lot idk.

Comment

I'm not impressed. He looks slow and his defense needs a lot of work. Of course he's still young so he might improve a lot idk.
          I mean obviously he's raw as he just barely turned 19 years old. But slow? Don't see that at all. Has good enough speed to my eyes.

To me his biggest issue right now is he loads up on his shots too much. Sure he has good pop, but he needs to fix that going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            I mean obviously he's raw as he just barely turned 19 years old. But slow? Don't see that at all. Has good enough speed to my eyes.

To me his biggest issue right now is he loads up on his shots too much. Sure he has good pop, but he needs to fix that going forward.
            I just think PBC has plenty of better prospects than Spencer.

Comment

I just think PBC has plenty of better prospects than Spencer.
              They could have better prospects than Spencer, doesn't necessarily mean he "sucks." Lopez could be a better prospect than Stevenson, but does that mean Stevenson sucks? No.

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                Eddie is done at Dazn anyone. They pulling the plug on him.
                Hearn said in an interview a few weeks ago that he is a share holder in DAZN. He had never previously said it in public though.

That's why he was at all the meetings regarding GGG signing for DAZN, despite GGG not having anything to do with Hearn as a promoter..

Comment

Originally posted by Fanofreason View Post
                  Eddie is done at Dazn anyone. They pulling the plug on him.
                  I doubt this very much. DAZN gave him the green light for Matchroom Italy and Matchroom Germany will probably start soon enough. Those are both territories where DAZN is investing heavily. I doubt they would do that if they were unhappy with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                    The problem is that going to an app only isn’t good for the sport, it further marginalises it from the mainstream when the object should be to push it back to the mainstream. What major sport in the USA is app only? Baseball? Football? Basketball? College hoops? College football? Tennis? NASCAR? NHL? Ufc (Mma)?
                    You're right , going on mainstream television would've been great , but they're on an app now and they gotta do what they gotta do. They have some big & powerful pieces to work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      We'll soon find out! If he can't sell Joshua vs. Miller at MSG, then he might as well let Daddy takeover again!
                      AJ v Miller has about 16k sales so far and it is clear it will be a sell out. If Hearn is that bad a promoter, then are Bob and Al going to do better with Fury and Wilder's next fights? Hardly likely.

Also, Hearn has just got $$$ for Khan and stupid $$$ for Crolla off Bob; far more than DAZN would have paid. Bob salty?

Comment

Working...
                      X