Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Hearn Doesn't Know D*ck About Promoting In The U.S.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eddie is done at Dazn anyone. They pulling the plug on him.

Comment

I like Arum's description of Loma. It's nice and humbling. I want Loma to get all the accolades he deserves. He's a boxing genius.

Give us Lopez and Davis after Crolla, and in order of makeability, please.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        I like Arum's description of Loma. It's nice and humbling. I want Loma to get all the accolades he deserves. He's a boxing genius.

Give us Lopez and Davis after Crolla, and in order of makeability, please.
        Arum says that about top guys while still signed to him I remember him saying the same line about Floyd and then Manny

"Greatest fighter since the GOAT"

It changes of course after they leave TR

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Arum says that about top guys while still signed to him I remember him saying the same line about Floyd and then Manny

"Greatest fighter since the GOAT"

It changes of course after they leave TR
          And I believed Arum everytime he said that so far. If you are not comparing the fighters themselves, it's perfectly true and legit. Floyd, Oscar, Loma, Crawford, Pac are all pretty special fighters. He's not lying.

Did he say that about Bradley?

Comment

Eddie Hearn is doing a fantastic job as a promoter and he has the potential to be one of the best promoters in the world.

My advice to Eddie Hearn would be:

Continue to build your stable of fighter's and continue to build a great partnership with Goldenboy Promotions and co-promote events.
            Your fighter's vs. Goldenboy fighter's. Be careful who you give the big money too. Only give the big purses to the fighter's who are willing to take risks and fight the best.

The key to DAZN's success will be putting Matchroom's best fighter's & Goldenboy's best fighter's in big fights together against other opponents and against each other on the same cards.
            Maybe less shows , to save money but Huge Events like CANELO & Anthony Joshua on the same card for example. Think outside the box.
            You're going against PBC & Top Rank who are on network television , and their best fighter's are going to be on PPV fight's. DAZN events have to be better quality cards for the fans , more bang for their buck then PBC's & Top Rank's PPV cards , that's the key.

DAZN show's should be similar to this for example:

Split venue , on the same night Live on DAZN one in America & one in England then both on the the same soil.

CANELO vs. Jacobs
            Joshua vs. Usyk
            GGG vs. Andrade
            Callum Smith
            Munguia
            Vergil Ortiz vs. Hooker
            Ryan Garcia vs. Tevin Farmer
            Brook vs. Jessie Vargas
            Andrew Cancio
            Winners of the WBSS vs. GoldenBoy or Matchroom top fighter's.

This is just off the top of my head.
            As a DAZN subscriber I hope it does well for the good of the sport.
            Last edited by REYESdelBOXEO; 04-11-2019, 12:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              And I believed Arum everytime he said that so far. If you are not comparing the fighters themselves, it's perfectly true and legit. Floyd, Oscar, Loma, Crawford, Pac are all pretty special fighters. He's not lying.

Did he say that about Bradley?
              He got Bradley and Marquez on the tail end of their careers so probably not he did say that about Oscar though and says Bud is the best Welterweight since sugar ray leonard now

Arum is doing what he usually do if Crawford leaves for PBC he would be just another ordinary fighter

Comment

Gotta love the Bobfather
                Always crude and rude
                Don’t give a fugh about anyone
                Just your typical Jewish businessman

I got a feeling sooner than later Dazn will be GBP in the Dazn
                Maybe keep big Eddy in the background but not too far away

Comment

Bobs a master and Eddie should take note.Bob is overpaying Amir Khan to the ridiculous sum of $5m just to pad his fighter Crawfords record out .Bob knows even when Khan was decent(nine years ago!) he would have never have beaten a top fighter such as Crawford.So he uses Khan's faded name for the mainstream as the name rings a bell with some .Khan comes out in the last chance saloon and gives it a clumsy go but ends up on the deck again.Fans think they've seen a heroic failure and leave half happy.For this shyte Bob still makes a profit! This is only one example of this man with no scruples ......beware Edward and boxing this man is simply no bothered.

Comment

He's a great promoter.
                    And what he doesn't know about the US market he'll learn.
                    He is going to be a major force in US boxing and Arum knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
                      Eddie Hearn is doing a fantastic job as a promoter and he has the potential to be one of the best promoters in the world.

My advice to Eddie Hearn would be:

Continue to build your stable of fighter's and continue to build a great partnership with Goldenboy Promotions and co-promote events.
                      Your fighter's vs. Goldenboy fighter's. Be careful who you give the big money too. Only give the big purses to the fighter's who are willing to take risks and fight the best.

The key to DAZN's success will be putting Matchroom's best fighter's & Goldenboy's best fighter's in big fights together against other opponents and against each other on the same cards.
                      Maybe less shows , to save money but Huge Events like CANELO & Anthony Joshua on the same card for example. Think outside the box.
                      You're going against PBC & Top Rank who are on network television , and their best fighter's are going to be on PPV fight's. DAZN events have to be better quality cards for the fans , more bang for their buck then PBC's & Top Rank's PPV cards , that's the key.

DAZN show's should be similar to this for example:

Split venue , on the same night Live on DAZN one in America & one in England then both on the the same soil.

CANELO vs. Jacobs
                      Joshua vs. Usyk
                      GGG vs. Andrade
                      Callum Smith
                      Munguia
                      Vergil Ortiz vs. Hooker
                      Ryan Garcia vs. Tevin Farmer
                      Brook vs. Jessie Vargas
                      Andrew Cancio
                      Winners of the WBSS vs. GoldenBoy or Matchroom top fighter's.

This is just off the top of my head.
                      As a DAZN subscriber I hope it does well for the good of the sport.
                      The problem is that going to an app only isn’t good for the sport, it further marginalises it from the mainstream when the object should be to push it back to the mainstream. What major sport in the USA is app only? Baseball? Football? Basketball? College hoops? College football? Tennis? NASCAR? NHL? Ufc (Mma)?

Comment

Working...
                      X