Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez vs. Callum Smith in Works For Later in 2019

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id think Callum wins this matchup based on what I've seen of both. Probably a UD where Smith hurts or drops Zurdo at some point.

Comment

Zurdo takes this in the UK? Is this Hearn talking? I don't see it. Hearn wont pay and Zurdo won't outbid him to fight over there. The law of physics, just about.

Comment

Originally posted by jinx_htx View Post
        Why make Zurdo come down to 168 if Smith claims he plans to go to 175 anyway? Why not just do it at 175? Trying to hang around 168 as long as possible to stay in the Canelo lottery chances?
        The article clearly states that the fight is much bigger @ 168Lb. There's also as you say the chance of a mega money Canelo clash & the IBF & WBC title's out there. "Super-middleweights looking good"!.................

Comment

Why make Zurdo come down to 168 if Smith claims he plans to go to 175 anyway? Why not just do it at 175? Trying to hang around 168 as long as possible to stay in the Canelo lottery chances?
          More money having 3 of the 4 belts on the line, plus the ring belt.

Comment

So why is he making his light heavyweight debut? Because he struggles too much in making 168 for the small fights in-between?

Comment

If Zurdo beats Callum that's a solid win. I like him but I feel like he's been fighting lackluster competition since beating Abraham. He wants the fight and hopefully he gets it. He needs a solid name to keep him up there or push him to the next level. Assuming he beats Callum, which that fight in of itself would be a great one, I would like him to face Kovalev at 175. Imagine those back to back fights.

Comment

Shouldn’t Zurdo fight one decent opponent before taking on the number 1 in division?

I can’t see this fight happening

Comment

F'n finally.

Comment

Zurdo was planning on coming back down anyway. That's why he didn't give the title up. A unification is much bigger than fighting in a non title bout at 175.

Comment

I'll believe this when I see it. Zurdo is clearly not fond of fighting world class opposition.

Comment

Working...
                      X