Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most biased refereeing you've ever seen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
    The KD isn't exactly "clean", but it goes from a KD to a point deduction:

I was there & yeah it was garbage.
    I hate I missed Manny all fired up in the corner!!

Comment

Also Richard Steele, who stopped Tyson vs Ruddock early as well as Chavez vs Taylor. He also called the obvious knockdown in Judah vs Mayweather a slip. Terrible referee.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
        Also Richard Steele, who stopped Tyson vs Ruddock early as well as Chavez vs Taylor. He also called the obvious knockdown in Judah vs Mayweather a slip. Terrible referee.
        i still contend that was great reffereeing, the time left should have no relevance. he asked taylor twice to respond to his question. each time he recieved no answer, he looked right into taylors eyes and he wasnt there & therefore the fight was correctly waved off

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
          i still contend that was great reffereeing, the time left should have no relevance. he asked taylor twice to respond to his question. each time he recieved no answer, he looked right into taylors eyes and he wasnt there & therefore the fight was correctly waved off
          If Taylor was allowed to continue he would have won the fight. That's what pissed me off so much. The ref literally changed the entire outcome.

Comment

Schwarz vs Gashi.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
              If Taylor was allowed to continue he would have won the fight. That's what pissed me off so much. The ref literally changed the entire outcome.
              The reff didnt change the outcome, taylor being knocked down changed the outcome. the reff did his job, taylor was unresponsive so he called it off, i really dont see how people find this so hard to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                The reff didnt change the outcome, taylor being knocked down changed the outcome. the reff did his job, taylor was unresponsive so he called it off, i really dont see how people find this so hard to understand.
                There were 2 seconds left and Taylor was ahead on the cards. If Steele had let him continue he would have won the fight. You can agree with the stoppage but you can't deny that if Steele had let him continue he would have won. That is indisputable.

Comment

tony weeks the nut******* ^^ classic

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                    For the benefit of brevity, let's not mention any Terry O'Connor bouts... I'm hoping this will be a discussion topic, not a 10,000 page thread that will keep us going until 2050.

I tell you why I thought of this... I just remembered Lewis vs Tyson and how blatantly the ref was for Mike. It was just funny, Lewis's facial expressions as he was docked points for KDs and so on.

Obviously Robin Reid vs Sven Ottke was an all-time classic... then there was Steve Smoger (who I used to really like) pushing that guy in the face during the Hopkins bout.

I'm not saying these are the worst examples (except for Reid vs Ottke) but they just came to mind tonight.

What do you guys think?
                    Any how calslappy fight in Europe

Comment

Dave Parris in the Hatton/Tszyu fight.
                      Laurence Cole in the Salido/Lomachenko fight.
                      Joe Cortez in the Hatton/Mayweather fight. I had a bet with my father in law on this fight I had Floyd but refused his money. Cortez turned what should have been an easy fight for Floyd, I thought, into a joke.

Comment

Working...
                      X