No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Report: Wladimir Klitschko To Return 5/25 On DAZN; Foe TBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
    I mean, he'd be stupid not to take 120mil, but he probably only wins 1/3 fights.

The man is just too old.
    Age isn't what it used to be boyo, especially for an elite athlete and an individual who takes care of their body.

You're either behind the times of nutrition and fitness, or really young (you think everyone a little older than you is "old") or old yourself yoi haven't let go of the idea that fighters fall off in their 30s) which hasn't been true for a while. Boxers retire these days more often than not because they want to, not because they can't compete. There are exceptions like ODLH who abused drugs and didn't take his career seriously after success, if he was responsible he would have competed at a high level until 45 easily, with his talent and skillset. We also know thanks to science that age, measured by birthdate, and age of the body are not the same thing biologically: you can be 35 in a 29 year old body for example.

If Wlad faces anyone other than Fury it's a blatant duck and he should be crucified, here, and everywhere. Most importantly here, this being the definitive and dominant boxing site by a long shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cauliflower ear View Post
      Maybe you should ask Shelley how Wilders sparring went when he stepped in the ring with Wlad...ill save you the effort, he was smashed up pretty bad.

Why does Joshua have a suspect chin?, is it because of Wlad?...
      Your obviously in love so ill try and let you down gently, Wilder was put on his backside by Harold Sconiers...a guy who ended his career at 18 wins and 27 losses....Wlad has more stoppages than Sconiers had fights...
      Actually not in love with Wilder but I do realize that Joshua is the prototypical overrated british heavyweight. Other than Lennox Lewis you have Joe Bugner, Herbie Hide, Michael Bentt Frank Bruno, Matt Skelton David Haye, David Price, Anthony Joshua. Not much there but hype. Wilder will knock your boy out ! BOMB SQUAD!

Comment

• If he gets in the ring, he'll only fight "exhibition" style low level guys.

Just like AJ / Fury are doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cauliflower ear View Post
          Maybe you should ask Shelley how Wilders sparring went when he stepped in the ring with Wlad...ill save you the effort, he was smashed up pretty bad.

Why does Joshua have a suspect chin?, is it because of Wlad?...
          Your obviously in love so ill try and let you down gently, Wilder was put on his backside by Harold Sconiers...a guy who ended his career at 18 wins and 27 losses....Wlad has more stoppages than Sconiers had fights...
          AJ is just Audley Harrison 2.0. But more protected by Eddie.

Wilder/ AJ fight would go down exactly the same as Audley

Comment

• Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
            I think he's just a very competitive person, because he certainly doesn't need the money but it's still a lot of money to turn down.

That said, i don't think boxing is the right place for man approaching his mid 40s to quench his thirst for competition, especially when he's retired before.

Let's be fair, he couldn't beat the top guys anymore a few years ago and will have no chance now.

Can't see it ending well..but if the money is right..
            lol what top guys? his fight with joshua was extremely competitive. fight of the year candidate!!! I can't wait to see the rematch!

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              Age isn't what it used to be boyo, especially for an elite athlete and an individual who takes care of their body.

You're either behind the times of nutrition and fitness, or really young (you think everyone a little older than you is "old") or old yourself yoi haven't let go of the idea that fighters fall off in their 30s) which hasn't been true for a while. Boxers retire these days more often than not because they want to, not because they can't compete. There are exceptions like ODLH who abused drugs and didn't take his career seriously after success, if he was responsible he would have competed at a high level until 45 easily, with his talent and skillset. We also know thanks to science that age, measured by birthdate, and age of the body are not the same thing biologically: you can be 35 in a 29 year old body for example.

If Wlad faces anyone other than Fury it's a blatant duck and he should be crucified, here, and everywhere. Most importantly here, this being the definitive and dominant boxing site by a long shot.
              he's on dazn so he's fighting aj.you better start *****ing right now! show ESPN and dazn will not be working together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bmore18 View Post
                wait for it....

Also I guess its not April 1st in Australia now
                How stupid do I feel ah nuts

Comment

Working...
                X