Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: If Wilder Hits Him On the Chin, It's Goodbye Joshua!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    If I had to rate the most likely outcome in that fight, it would go like this:

1. Joshua by KO/TKO
    2. Wilder by KO/TKO
    3. Joshua by decision
    4. Wilder by decision

Anyone dismissing the possibility of Joshua winning by stoppage are kidding themselves. To me that is the most likely outcome of them all. Neither guy moves around enough to avoid big exchanges like Fury does. They will be trading leather and one of them is going down and likely out at some point. If they fight super hesitant respecting the others pop? Then there is a chance to goes to decision, but better chance of a stoppage happening then a decision.
    I agree, I think it definitely ends in a to/tko. I just personally give the edge to Wilder but I totally think it's possible that Joshua ko's him too. What makes me give the edge to Wilder is Joshua's lack of head movement. Fury's defense is way better than both of them and he couldn't avoid Wilder so think without a doubt Joshua gets caught, plus he has stamina problems so the later it goes the greater the chance if him getting caught, imho. On the other side tho, if Joshua gets Wilder in trouble like Ortiz did, I definitely think he's got the skills and power to finish him. No matter what happens, we're gonna get to watch a great fight, and that's what really matters. Unfortunately I don't think it's gonna happen till 2020

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
      Yes I was responding to Arums quote I thought that was obvious...My point which is common sense is that Joshua can hurt and get Wilder out there if he lands cleanly just as Wilder would KO Joshua. Your point that it wouldnt happen because Joshua doesnt hit as hard as Wilder makes no sense.

And my example of Lemieux vs GGG made a lot of sense because you have 2 fighters who hit hard with 1 being fundamentally more sound. You talk about GGG's chin but he didnt have his chin tested against Lemieuex because he fought smart.

Ok here is another example just so its simpler to understand, any fighter Malinaggi fought and KO'd (yes there are a few) all likely hit harder than him, but he still got a KO win against them. Senchenko deffo had much more power for example. The point being (like myself and others have mentioned multiple times already) is that you dont have to hit as hard as your opponent to KO them. AJ hits hard by his own right and if he catches Wilder cleanly Wilder is going to sleep.
      GGG/Joshua ko is more so of the combination of punching that’s taken it’s toll on fighters more so then one punch ko power..... lemiux/wilder we know have legit one punch ko power as we have seen for both fighters, Joshua/wilder fight is really going be who lands first

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        He definitely isn't fighting Wilder soon, you would have to drag Wilder into that ring for him to fight Joshua. You would have to kill his slave master (Finkel) to be able to do that too....Goodluck with that mate.
        Whatever u say

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          Good for you, now go analyse my and your post and tell me who came off with the hurt feelings.... My post to someone else obviously hurt you enough to directly quote me, talking about your dick and all.

My replies are just making fun of you and your hurt feelings lol. I couldn't careless about your rants, i just look at you as one of those Wilder fanatical fanboys, whose feelings get hurt every time any doesn't think Wilder is the golden child.

When you invest too much emotions into certain boxers then you would come across emotional when discussing them, running away from proper discussions is one f those traits.
          Jeanette, is this you? I swear you have to be my mother in law. You keep repeating yourself and you have to have the last word even though you sound like an idiot.

HAVE. A. GOOD. DAY

Comment

All deontay has to do is hit him solid with that right hand and good night buddy.he doesn't possess that Gypsy voodoo that Tyson had to get up from that knock out he will not recover

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
              Dude Wilders power is for real.

Look at it this way. He only landed clean on Fury 2 times. Both times Fury went down.

What does that tell you?

The thing with Wilder is he always has a chance because he only needs to land once.
              We all know Wilder has power but I think the whole "one punch killer" thing might be a bit exaggerated.
              He landed twice on Fury who's been dropped by a cruiserweight previously and couldn't knock him out.

He scored multiple knockdowns on Ortiz before the guy succumbed to exhaustion (check Ortiz's corner at the end of round seven).

Is he really in a different league to Wlad Klitschko?

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                Jeanette, is this you? I swear you have to be my mother in law.
                HAVE. A. GOOD. DAY
                You are not even funny, I have to have the last word you say? Yep because you replied to me originally. And you are accusing me of wanting the last word... How about you stop replying to my post? One minute you want to talk like an adult, the next minute you want to accuse me of acting like a child.. then others read your post with you throwing verbal insults around. You really need to calm down and move on with your amazing life.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                  A good start? You just gonna ignore Wlad, Povetkin (slightly younger and same level as Ortiz if not more proven and actually better), Parker and Whyte.

Lol there's a reason Wilder has half the points on boxrec and a tenth of AJ's commercial value.
                  Wlad was 41, coming off an 18mo. layoff, not the same Wlad Fury beat. Parker is trash! MD w/ Andy Ruiz, went the distance with Cojanu, and another MD over Hughie Fury! I put Parker on the same level as Stiverne! Whyte barely survived Parker! Nuff said'!

The real problem for AJ is who he hasn't fought! He has not faced Wilder, Fury, nor Ortiz! Povetkin is a nice win, if this was 3 years ago, before the PED issue! Going to fight Miller in NYC is a big deal, even though the press is not giving Miller any love!

However, Joshua has some nice pieces in his stable! Usyk and Hrgovic! I like them both! Wilder has the most horses in the stable with him: Efe Ajagba, Tony Yoka, Joe Joyce, and Adam Kownacki! I think Efe is the real deal, and I love Ronnie Shields, so that makes it even better! Fury has some future too: Pulev, Rivas, Whyte?

The HW division is close to being back to normal! Salute to Michael "The Bounty" Hunter too! However, the people will probably not get what they want, and we must get used to it! Hindsight is 20/20!

Comment

Wilder only needs to land once

Originally posted by b morph View Post
                    Dude Wilders power is for real.

Look at it this way. He only landed clean on Fury 2 times. Both times Fury went down.

What does that tell you?

The thing with Wilder is he always has a chance because he only needs to land once.
                    It tells me one clean punch is not enough when he fights better opposition. In fact after the knockdowns and a few wild swings Wilder got hit himself and had to back off. Judge Wilder by his last two fights and he does not look good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      Wlad was 41, coming off an 18mo. layoff, not the same Wlad Fury beat. Parker is trash! MD w/ Andy Ruiz, went the distance with Cojanu, and another MD over Hughie Fury! I put Parker on the same level as Stiverne! Whyte barely survived Parker! Nuff said'!

The real problem for AJ is who he hasn't fought! He has not faced Wilder, Fury, nor Ortiz! Povetkin is a nice win, if this was 3 years ago, before the PED issue! Going to fight Miller in NYC is a big deal, even though the press is not giving Miller any love!

However, Joshua has some nice pieces in his stable! Usyk and Hrgovic! I like them both! Wilder has the most horses in the stable with him: Efe Ajagba, Tony Yoka, Joe Joyce, and Adam Kownacki! I think Efe is the real deal, and I love Ronnie Shields, so that makes it even better! Fury has some future too: Pulev, Rivas, Whyte?

The HW division is close to being back to normal! Salute to Michael "The Bounty" Hunter too! However, the people will probably not get what they want, and we must get used to it! Hindsight is 20/20!
                      No way can you say Ortiz, a guy that beat nobody, was a few days shy of 39 and went life and death with the likes of the White Rhino (and looks mediocre against nearly all mediocre opponents) is better than a determined Wlad (who had been in and out of training camps and came to fight unlike the Fury bout) or Povetkin.

Comment

Working...
                      X