Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: If Wilder Hits Him On the Chin, It's Goodbye Joshua!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by b morph View Post
    We can attribute at least some ok Klitschko’s power to proper punching technique correct? I mean the guy is naturally powerful, but at least some of that comes from nice punching form and technique.

Wilder doesn’t even have proper balance or punching technique and he’s still able to deliver huge punching power. So imagine if he was actually a skilled boxer who threw proper punches. I think his power would exceed Klitschko’s, or any heavyweights punching power for that matter.

The fact that he’s still a dangerous puncher with terrible technique is quite a feat.
    A technically proficient Wilder would indeed be a sight to behold.
    With his frame and athleticism I had hoped he would develop into something like a heavyweight Hearns.

Comment

• NOT TRUE.

Wilder was fighting smaller dudes, height wise.

His power didn't look that great against Fury. I think taller fighters will bother wilder because he cannot get that crazy torque momentum. He doesn't weigh very much so he needs to snap his punches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
        His lack of balance is fundamental to him generating power though. When he throws, there is no part of his body that is holding back his momentum, which there would be if he threw with ‘better’ technique.

If he threw punches like Wlad, there is a strong chance that we would see his power drop massively. It’s a credit to Wlad that he hit so hard while maintaining proper form and not throwing himself off balance
        Actually that’s an interesting point. I never thought of it like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
          NOT TRUE.

Wilder was fighting smaller dudes, height wise.

His power didn't look that great against Fury. I think taller fighters will bother wilder because he cannot get that crazy torque momentum. He doesn't weigh very much so he needs to snap his punches.
          Every clean power shot Wilder landed hurt Fury.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe shmo View Post
            Joshua ain't fighting Wilder anytime soon. Hearn wants whyte to b named mando for the winner of the Wilder breazealle fight, then he's gonna let Whyte fight Wilder and hope and pray he wins so Joshua can unify by fighting Whyte. They're trying to take the safe route cause Joshua figures since he beat Whyte once already, that it'd b easy work for him to do it again. Problem is, I don't c Whyte beating Wilder. I mean it's possible (unlikely, but possible). Whyte is a decent fighter, but I don't c him winning and we're gonna b right back where we are now. The soonest we'll get Wilder Joshua is 2020, and honestly we'll probably get the fury rematch before it too.
            This here is why you shouldn't touch crystal meth kids, it clearly scrambles your brain.

Comment

• Wilder can't even eat AJs jab It's going to be a one sided beat down

Comment

• Bobfather may be right, but Deontay doesn't seem so confident.
                He wants retirement money first before diving in.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                  Im so tired of this "killer clowns from outerspace looking mu***er!" *** you Bob.. *** Eddie spaghetti,. *** Shelly.. an *** Frank the fish tank! All u fools do is turn fans against one another. U got grown men arguing percentages and splits and we aren't going to get a penny either way.. This shyte has got to stop. It doesn't matter what they get.. or what these shyte promoters and manager's think fighters should get or deserve.. I know that they never put there life on the line.. so in truth they are the ones that don't deserve shyte! U.S and U.K boxing fans need to cut these nasty slimy people out of the equation so we can get the fights we want. An every fighter can get what he deserves for taking the risks.
                  Hearn wasn't even involved in Wilder's latest duck. But you'll blame him anyway as per usual.

Wilder is the one that has been screaming that it's 50/50 or no fight. No one has needed to teach Deontay in how to be a delusional coward, he's been able to do it all on his own steam. So blame Wilder, Finkle and Arum. All American. Any time they're involved in any negotiations, they always make sure to put as many spanners in the works as possible. Anything to make sure the fight doesn't happen. So blame them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dramacyde View Post
                    The British coward will NEVER fight Wilder.
                    You spelt American and Joshua wrong. But it's ok, you're American so we can't expect you do many things right.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      you are glossing over the obvious point

any heavyweight can knock someone out..... the discussion is not about how powerful Joshua is, who does not one-punch guys he breaks them down

Wilder has EXCEPTIONAL power, and can knock someone out AFTER being schooled for 11.5 rounds

he is EXTREMELY dangerous

ALLLLL of those people you say outboxed Wilder, got KTFO in spectacular fashion..... all except Fury, and AJ is no Fury

if Wilder touches Joshua like Wlad did..... it is all over, and they know it
                      And Fury is no AJ well atleast offensively . The boxers that had joy with Wilder do not possess Aj’s firepower. I’m not surprised anyway you do not deem AJ as a risk. Everyone is aware of the immense power of Deontay but even mediocre fighters generally get to the second half of the fight without any real offensive so I fancy Aj’s chances. The bookmakers would have him as clear favourite for the same reason you don’t think he can beat Wilder

Comment

Working...
                      X