Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder and Fury Don't Want Joshua - Now Fans Know!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
    Wilder fighting Fury has boosted his profile and doubled his worth in a AJ fight. Seems like a smart move even if the draw is considered sketchy by many. The smaller paydays seem to increasing his value to the networks. $20M for Breazeale is crazy.
    Yeah but fighting AJ first would have multiplied the value of the Fury fight by 10, had he won. You understand what I'm saying? And he would already have more money in the bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
      Do you remember the state Fury was in when he signed to fight Wilder? He’d just got booed out of the ring against Pianeta in a fight where he got clipped a number of times.

Fury was not a scary prospect at the time, not one bit
      Fury still had 3 camps and 2 fights before he fought Wilder, and he was only 30 years old! Wlad was out of action for nearly 1.5 years before he fought Joshua, and he was 42 years old, and he dropped AJ hard! If you want to take shine off Wilder, you have to take some off AJ for the same reason! Like I said, nobody is scared of Joshua, but that doesn't mean they want to sign a multi-fight deal with MatchRoom or DAZN!

Comment

Wilder sticks with Showtime for Breazeale fight

Finkel told ESPN they are discussing a three-fight deal with Showtime. While he declined to give the value, he said Wilder would "make as much or more than he would have made under the DAZN deal" and that is without a fight against Joshua. Finkel also said that if the Showtime deal is finalized it wouldn't prevent a Joshua fight or Fury rematch on other platforms.

"Deontay is not locked into anyone because he would have outs [in the deal]," said Finkel, adding that he is also still talking to Fury management company MTK Global about a possible Fury rematch later this year.

At the news conference, Espinoza credited Wilder's sense of loyalty -- as well as a good deal -- as the reasons why he chose to remain with Showtime, at least for the fight with Breazeale.

"It would be an understatement to say that there's been a lot of speculation regarding Deontay's future and we are proud to have him back on Showtime," Espinoza said. "And one of the main reasons this fight is back on Showtime is Deontay Wilder. It was critical to Deontay, for the sport, for his fans, for the entire world, that this fight be available not on pay-per-view but on Showtime without the high price tag.

"And because of his insistence that is the primary reason we are standing here today announcing a non-pay-per-view fight on Showtime. We've been together a long time and built something special. ... He's made a decision that demonstrates his loyalty and a decision which guarantees financial success for a long, long time.

"And he's not avoiding the big fights. Deontay isn't the one who walked away from the Tyson Fury rematch. He isn't the one who walked away from the Tyson Fury purse bid. He isn't the one imposing conditions on the big fights. Can you imagine for a moment if Deontay said, 'Anybody who fights me has to sign for three or four fights with Showtime and PBC'? All of you would murder him for that, and yet those are the conditions being imposed on him [for a Joshua fight or Fury rematch]. I'm not going to go into detail, but rest assured Deontay has made a choice that demonstrates loyalty and one that will be financially lucrative for a long, long time."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...reazeale-fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
          Come off it no one could expect Wilder to sign without getting AJ locked in as well and DAZN aren't gonna pay that money to get fights that aren't PPV worthy which would be AJ or Fury. Negotiations never made it that far as to getting AJ's side involved.

Plus with how hard they are finding it to poach fighters already do you really think they're going to mess Wilder around and damage their name?
          Come off what exactly? There is no existing offer to Joshua for a Wilder fight from DAZN. As far as what DAZN was gonna do after signing Wilder to that deal...not going to speculate because it's more about Hearn and AJ agreeing to or deciding to fight which I'm also not willing to speculate on.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
            Yeah but fighting AJ first would have multiplied the value of the Fury fight by 10, had he won. You understand what I'm saying? And he would already have more money in the bank.
            I see what you are saying .. I'm just not sure that the math on that approach is greater. Last year this time would you gamble on Fury staying sober?

Comment

Come off what exactly? There is no existing offer to Joshua for a Wilder fight from DAZN. As far as what DAZN was gonna do after signing Wilder to that deal...not going to speculate because it's more about Hearn and AJ agreeing to or deciding to fight which I'm also not willing to speculate on.
              It's pretty obvious they'd get AJ involved before finalising the deal, you're speculating they wouldn't which goes against common sense to say otherwise and the actual interests of DAZN.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                Wilder sticks with Showtime for Breazeale fight

Finkel told ESPN they are discussing a three-fight deal with Showtime. While he declined to give the value, he said Wilder would "make as much or more than he would have made under the DAZN deal" and that is without a fight against Joshua. Finkel also said that if the Showtime deal is finalized it wouldn't prevent a Joshua fight or Fury rematch on other platforms.

"Deontay is not locked into anyone because he would have outs [in the deal]," said Finkel, adding that he is also still talking to Fury management company MTK Global about a possible Fury rematch later this year.

At the news conference, Espinoza credited Wilder's sense of loyalty -- as well as a good deal -- as the reasons why he chose to remain with Showtime, at least for the fight with Breazeale.

"It would be an understatement to say that there's been a lot of speculation regarding Deontay's future and we are proud to have him back on Showtime," Espinoza said. "And one of the main reasons this fight is back on Showtime is Deontay Wilder. It was critical to Deontay, for the sport, for his fans, for the entire world, that this fight be available not on pay-per-view but on Showtime without the high price tag.

"And because of his insistence that is the primary reason we are standing here today announcing a non-pay-per-view fight on Showtime. We've been together a long time and built something special. ... He's made a decision that demonstrates his loyalty and a decision which guarantees financial success for a long, long time.

"And he's not avoiding the big fights. Deontay isn't the one who walked away from the Tyson Fury rematch. He isn't the one who walked away from the Tyson Fury purse bid. He isn't the one imposing conditions on the big fights. Can you imagine for a moment if Deontay said, 'Anybody who fights me has to sign for three or four fights with Showtime and PBC'? All of you would murder him for that, and yet those are the conditions being imposed on him [for a Joshua fight or Fury rematch]. I'm not going to go into detail, but rest assured Deontay has made a choice that demonstrates loyalty and one that will be financially lucrative for a long, long time."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...reazeale-fight
                Shirley is lying and has been exposed as a liar recently

He is like arum

As he said a few weeks ago, we won’t let wilder go

No way is showtime giving him anywhere near what dazn did, wilder made 7m vs fury for heavens sake.

The bottom part makes no sense, it’s 3 fights wilder is being offered on dazn and two are with Joshua

How can a fight happen if there is not a network who bids for it, in this case dazn offered the most and wilder ducked Joshua

He was being offered more for Breazeale as it’s his mando

Only difference between the showtime deal wilder has is he is being paid less and he gets to avoid Joshua

Wilder asked at the start he will fight Whyte if joshua is on the contract, that’s a two fight locked on

This is three with Joshua twice, after the 3 fights wilder is free to go anywhere else, dazn are offering the money so evidently they want it on their platform, they are giving the most money by far

The world has seen wilder duck Joshua

Comment

I see what you are saying .. I'm just not sure that the math on that approach is greater. Last year this time would you gamble on Fury staying sober?
                  Something shady is going on

This is arum and Pac-Man all over again, Shirley owns wilder at this stage

Look back at the money lost

Whyte 10m in total vs Ortiz what 3-4m?

Joshua 15m plus upside vs fury 7-10m depending on which report

Now Breazeale 20m vs whatever showtime give him which won’t be more than what he made vs fury

Wilder is trapped for sure or being made a mug

Comment

Yeah, I feel sorry for Anthony Joshua because he's done fucked up his career by fighting scrubs and bums in Great Britain after the Wladimir Klitschko fight. That was his opportunity to fight Deontay Wilder. However, today his stock and profile has plummeted tremendously. Outside of the U.K. People hardly even knows or recognizes, who he is anymore.

He is the least famous boxer in the world today at #63. While Deontay Wilder profile and stock has skyrocketed into becoming the most famous boxer in the world today at #34.

It's so funny and ironic how tides have turned. People kept saying that no one knows him, he can't sell tickets, not a box office or a pay per draw and yet today he is more known among the casual fan than Anthony Joshua is.

Joshua is only famous in the U.K. While Deontay Wilder is famous globally and worldwide.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                      It's pretty obvious they'd get AJ involved before finalising the deal, you're speculating they wouldn't which goes against common sense to say otherwise and the actual interests of DAZN.
                      See that's the thing. I'm not speculating or assuming anything. That's kinda what you're doing. I just stated the facts of the situation and didn't even create some conclusion of what it meant. Last week Hearn spoke of DAZN getting Wilder "done" then getting Joshua "done". I'm not assuming or speculating regarding that.

Comment

Working...
                      X