Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder and Fury Don't Want Joshua - Now Fans Know!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lightsoutrome View Post
    So in other words it’s about signing with their bull**** DAZN or else no fight?
    That’s all it is....Hearn wants everyone from PBC to sign with dazn. He doesn’t like ESPN and top rank but for some reason he is absolutely diametrically opposes to PBC....he wants it gone, he wants haymons fighters....he feels ENTITLED to haymons fighters....so does dlh as evidenced to his emails to PBC fighters....which tells me dazn is pulling both their strings. Dazn wants to control American boxing

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
      Something shady is going on

This is arum and Pac-Man all over again, Shirley owns wilder at this stage

Look back at the money lost

Whyte 10m in total vs Ortiz what 3-4m?

Joshua 15m plus upside vs fury 7-10m depending on which report

Now Breazeale 20m vs whatever showtime give him which won’t be more than what he made vs fury

Wilder is trapped for sure or being made a mug
      I think more is going on than us mere fans know and it's a waste to joust online and call people names as if we do know all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
        I see what you are saying .. I'm just not sure that the math on that approach is greater. Last year this time would you gamble on Fury staying sober?
        Fury would still be on the path to the back to the top for a pay day and have that motivation. He's much more likely to go off the rails again now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Wilder sticks with Showtime for Breazeale fight

Finkel told ESPN they are discussing a three-fight deal with Showtime. While he declined to give the value, he said Wilder would "make as much or more than he would have made under the DAZN deal" and that is without a fight against Joshua. Finkel also said that if the Showtime deal is finalized it wouldn't prevent a Joshua fight or Fury rematch on other platforms.

"Deontay is not locked into anyone because he would have outs [in the deal]," said Finkel, adding that he is also still talking to Fury management company MTK Global about a possible Fury rematch later this year.

At the news conference, Espinoza credited Wilder's sense of loyalty -- as well as a good deal -- as the reasons why he chose to remain with Showtime, at least for the fight with Breazeale.

"It would be an understatement to say that there's been a lot of speculation regarding Deontay's future and we are proud to have him back on Showtime," Espinoza said. "And one of the main reasons this fight is back on Showtime is Deontay Wilder. It was critical to Deontay, for the sport, for his fans, for the entire world, that this fight be available not on pay-per-view but on Showtime without the high price tag.

"And because of his insistence that is the primary reason we are standing here today announcing a non-pay-per-view fight on Showtime. We've been together a long time and built something special. ... He's made a decision that demonstrates his loyalty and a decision which guarantees financial success for a long, long time.

"And he's not avoiding the big fights. Deontay isn't the one who walked away from the Tyson Fury rematch. He isn't the one who walked away from the Tyson Fury purse bid. He isn't the one imposing conditions on the big fights. Can you imagine for a moment if Deontay said, 'Anybody who fights me has to sign for three or four fights with Showtime and PBC'? All of you would murder him for that, and yet those are the conditions being imposed on him [for a Joshua fight or Fury rematch]. I'm not going to go into detail, but rest assured Deontay has made a choice that demonstrates loyalty and one that will be financially lucrative for a long, long time."

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...reazeale-fight
          And there you have it....after all, this is the network that signed Floyd to a $200m contract for 6 fights and then Floyd ended up making what $700-$800m out of it? And that’s without sponsors and advertisers. No matter what though, it’s odd that the wilder haters constantly talk about money and networks....modern boxing fans are a strange group...so many of them are network/promoter fans these days but then we know that’s all traced back to their ethnic, racial, and nationality bias

Comment

See that's the thing. I'm not speculating or assuming anything. That's kinda what you're doing. I just stated the facts of the situation and didn't even create some conclusion of what it meant. Last week Hearn spoke of DAZN getting Wilder "done" then getting Joshua "done". I'm not assuming or speculating regarding that.
            You are speculating that they wouldn't guarantee it, "done" doesn't mean signed in that instance it was what do you want? ok done what does they other guy want? ok done now both sign.

Do you think they're going to guarantee AJ and not cover themselves and risk being sued also do you think Wilder wouln't have requested that he is guaranteed? Wilders team would have been jumping an shouting if they believed they was not gonna get AJ but it's just you assuming they might not have.

Its far fetched to believe they're willing to pay that sort of money for anyone else and not viable to there business plans.

Comment

• This fan knows that ya turned down $50 million guaranteed with upside on the PPV and a concrete rematch clause.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
                You are speculating that they wouldn't guarantee it, "done" doesn't mean signed in that instance it was what do you want? ok done what does they other guy want? ok done now both sign.

Do you think they're going to guarantee AJ and not cover themselves and risk being sued also do you think Wilder wouln't have requested that he is guaranteed? Wilders team would have been jumping an shouting if they believed they was not gonna get AJ but it's just you assuming they might not have.

Its far fetched to believe they're willing to pay that sort of money for anyone else and not viable to there business plans.
                No. They can't. That's the whole point. ESPN didn't guarantee Wilder or Joshua to Fury (just told him how much they would pay him if he does).

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  Joshua is signed to matchroom, matchroom is signed to DAZN.
                  Joshua is signed to matchroom yes not matchroom USA which Hearn has a deal for Joshua and wilder are fighting on fight by fight bases with no network deals besides sky having Joshua U.K rights

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    Fury still had 3 camps and 2 fights before he fought Wilder, and he was only 30 years old! Wlad was out of action for nearly 1.5 years before he fought Joshua, and he was 42 years old, and he dropped AJ hard! If you want to take shine off Wilder, you have to take some off AJ for the same reason! Like I said, nobody is scared of Joshua, but that doesn't mean they want to sign a multi-fight deal with MatchRoom or DAZN!
                    Wlad was not coming off a 2 year coke binge, a deep suicidal depression and morbid obesity though was he?

Comment

I don't think anyone expected the Fury that got in the ring with Pineta to show up against Wilder. He was better than anyone thought for sure, but the whole boxing world saw how hard he was working in his comeback before the fight was signed.
                      Even on the eve of the fight the widespread prediction was a Wilder KO win within a few rounds.

Props to Fury for making it a contest considering where he was when the fight was signed. But let's not fool ourselves here, Wilder didn't sign to fight a killer.

Comment

Working...
                      X