Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Wilder and Fury Don't Want Joshua - Now Fans Know!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
    Or get a contract that requires both their signatures to be valid. The negotiations never made it that far Wilder just said no because they can get more money in the future, that's the cold hard truth.
    So are you presuming that Wilder was never presented with a contract or contract details or the "how" this whole thing was gonna work? That's might presumptuous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
      So are you presuming that Wilder was never presented with a contract or contract details or the "how" this whole thing was gonna work? That's might presumptuous.
      You're presuming that the contract didn't have the terms that relied on joshua signing up as well and ignoring the facts that it wouldn't make sense for DAZN to provide this money without an AJ fight and Wilders team didn't agree because they believe they can get more money later and not the reason you say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        I'm not missing anything! Fury fought Wilder on SHO, but he didn't have to sign a multi-fight contract! Joshua was on SHO, and he left, without fighting Wilder. However it's all good for Joshua to go to DAZN, and for Fury to go to ESPN, but Wilder is a duck if he wants to stay with the folks who made him? Hearn said it himself, when DAZN made the offer, "this is the only way this fight was EVER going to happen..." So what was all the commotion for last summer? For nothing? And you're cool with that? I'm not! We'll just agree to disagree.
        Ok

You clearly don’t understand how boxing works

The multi deal fight is with Joshua, he has to face Breazeale as it’s his mando

So it’s mando- joshua and Joshua

You are saying dazn should pay money for wilder to fight on showtime ? You are making zero sense

How else are the two Joshua fights going to be made without it becoming a multi fight on dazn ? This has how boxing works

A network that offers the most money way gets it, in This case it’s dazn

Do you understand that concept ?

If showtime offer the same money then they will agree to the two fights on showtime, so that locks both guys for showtime for two fights but they are free to go after that

But in the above case it’s dazn

Jeez man, wake up

Comment

• They have chosen another route because of Hearns greed and stupidity that's what the fans know

Comment

• Originally posted by Jax teller View Post
            You're presuming that the contract didn't have the terms that relied on joshua signing up as well and ignoring the facts that it wouldn't make sense for DAZN to provide this money without an AJ fight and Wilders team didn't agree because they believe they can get more money later and not the reason you say.
            I'm just going by what facts have been made public. Again, I'm not "presuming" that the contract didn't reflect monies for a AJ fight. That's not at all what I said. We were discussing DAZN's ability to guarantee an actual Wilder-Joshua fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deus View Post
              Percentage of what? The fight wouldn't be PPV. All there would be to split is the gate and the UK PPV.

Percentages do not work with the subscription based model because you do not pay to watch 1 single fight, you pay to watch every fight.

Equally you can't come back and say a percentage of their new subscriptions because those new subscriptions initially are only worth $10, but if there is enough fights there to keep people subscribed they could end up being worth $100s so that isn't quantifiable.

Baffles me how many people can't seem to grasp this.
              Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
              Wilder was offered 40% to face Joshua. Stop making out Wilder doesn’t turn down offers. Listen to Winkel he is all about marinating and hoping the fight gets bigger. He is a greedy F#ucker. He attends the meeting and his main line of questioning is how much is Joshua getting. Wilder is your client how about what he wants instead of worrying about his clients rival’s pockets
              DAZN has to match the percentage of what Wilder could make if the Joshua fight was on Showtime PPV.
              And the rematch...

$100 million for 3 fights is too low. Double it and you're getting warmer...

Comment

• Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post
                Your post makes no sense
                AJ turning down $50m with no contract & a Flat fee is wrong
                But Wilder turning down $100m 3 fight deal is Perfect
                You fan boys spin all types of Narratives on here
                Lol
                Btw
                $50m wasn't a Sky offer dumb dumb
                Wrong. Frank Warren explains he was only consulted to understand UK rights for a Wilder-Joshua fight (from 2:50 - 8:00):

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  And Fury wasn't 42, and coming off nearly an 18 month layoff was he? Fury (age 30) weighed 256.5lbs. vs. Wilder! He was 246 vs. Wlad! Not a big difference for a HW! Just be consistent!

November 27, 2015:

Tyson Fury took one last look into Wladimir Klitschko's eyes before they meet in the ring as they weighed in just a pound apart ahead of Saturday's world heavyweight title showdown.

The British challenger came in at 17st 8lbs, his lightest in three years, while WBA, WBO and IBF champion Klitschko was a pound lighter.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a6751676.html
                  1st: losing such a huge amount of weight in such a short time is bound to have an effect on any fighter. This was part of the reason people were expecting a two round win for Wilder

2nd: trying to draw an equivalence between Fury and Klitschko's layoffs is just plain dumb. Not just because one is roughy 30% longer than the other but because the way that any athlete treats their body in their time whilst not competing is fundamental to their likely performance on their return... that's just common sense and widely understood.

Klitschko came into the fight saying "I've been obsessed!"
                  Fury came into the fight saying "I've been depressed!"

I know they sound similar but it's a significant difference.

I don't even know why you brought up Klitschko anyway... why does everything have to be about Joshua?

Comment

• Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                    Ok

You clearly don’t understand how boxing works

The multi deal fight is with Joshua, he has to face Breazeale as it’s his mando

So it’s mando- joshua and Joshua

You are saying dazn should pay money for wilder to fight on showtime ? You are making zero sense

How else are the two Joshua fights going to be made without it becoming a multi fight on dazn ? This has how boxing works

A network that offers the most money way gets it, in This case it’s dazn

Do you understand that concept ?

If showtime offer the same money then they will agree to the two fights on showtime, so that locks both guys for showtime for two fights but they are free to go after that

But in the above case it’s dazn

Jeez man, wake up
                    So all that BS from last summer was unnecessary because Wilder was not signed to DAZN! Why can't it be a one-fight deal? Why can't it be just like Wilder vs. Fury? Why can't it be just like GGG vs. Jacobs? Why can't it be just like Linares vs. Lomachenko? Why can't it be just like May vs. Pac? I'm not co-signing ESPN making Wilder sign for Fury, nor will I co-sign Wilder having to sign with DAZN for Joshua! These fights can be made, and have been made before, without a multi-fight deal in place!

Comment

• Originally posted by Redgloveman View Post
                      1st: losing such a huge amount of weight in such a short time is bound to have an effect on any fighter. This was part of the reason people were expecting a two round win for Wilder

2nd: trying to draw an equivalence between Fury and Klitschko's layoffs is just plain dumb. Not just because one is roughy 30% longer than the other but because the way that any athlete treats their body in their time whilst not competing is fundamental to their likely performance on their return... that's just common sense and widely understood.

Klitschko came into the fight saying "I've been obsessed!"
                      Fury came into the fight saying "I've been depressed!"

I know they sound similar but it's a significant difference.

I don't even know why you brought up Klitschko anyway... why does everything have to be about Joshua?
                      Fury battled with depression, but he had 3 camps and 2 fights since that bout with depression! He trained and got that weight off, not between one fight and the next, but over an entire year! There's a big difference from a 30 year old. whose last fight was 3.5 months ago, and a 42 year old, who was inactive for 18 months! When Fury fights again, will you still be saying he's coming from depression? Wlad is relevant because if you're gonna throw shade at Wilder for Fury, then you must throw shade for Joshua for Wlad!

Comment

Working...
                      X