Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any posters on here willing to admit they had Wilder wrong?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mirror Universe View Post
    Both fighters would make more money if the fight was on Showtime PPV instead of DAZN.

So why should it be on DAZN?
    niether fighter is a ppv atraction in the us... good luck with sho offering similar amounts to wilder for ppv fights.. i dont even think they can put him on ppv without joshua or fury without losing money...

Comment

Joshua already has a fight scheduled, so Wilder has to take care of his mandatory regardless. Even if he's intrigued by the two fight deal, it'd be canceled if he loses to Breazeale regardless. If he thinks he'll be worth more if he beats Breazeale, good for him.Nothing stops a Joshua fight after that.
      Not sure how hed think that, tbh. Especially considering AJ fought, dominated and stopped Dom, in like his 17th fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        If PPV generates more than DAZN is willing to pay up front, then why don't they commit it?
        They were willing to. Joshua asked for 50 million and they said no problem.

Hearn doesn't want the fight in the US. DAZN was able to pressure him into agreeing that one fight would be in the US if Wilder signed a lengthy deal, but Hearn has never been willing to just do the fight in the country that makes the fighters the most money and on the platform that makes the fighters the most money.

This should be so simple. Go to Vegas and put the fight on PPV. Everyone makes a bajillion dollars. Mutual rematch clause. Put the rematch where it'll make the most money and on the platform that will make the most money. Everyone makes a bajillion dollars.

Which side is stopping that scenario from taking place? Not Wilder's side.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
          niether fighter is a ppv atraction in the us... good luck with sho offering similar amounts to wilder for ppv fights.. i dont even think they can put him on ppv without joshua or fury without losing money...
          Wilder just did over 325k in his PPV debut, at $75, against an opponent that was barely known in the US before the fight was signed. Wilder is clearly a PPV attraction now.

Everyone involved, on both sides, believes the fight would do over 1 million US PPV buys. The problem is that Hearn is trying to please DAZN by blocking the fight from being on PPV, where clearly the most money would be made.

Comment

• I had him exactly right, I never thought he wanted that fight over the last 18 months. I thought both teams would mind marinating the fight, the fact that he cried about being ducked is laughable then and now ridiculous to the open eyes. I knew he didn’t want that fight then, but it helps to use Joshua name to help propel his. He knows as long as he has that belt which Joshua desperately wanted the price would keep going up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              I had him exactly right, I never thought he wanted that fight over the last 18 months.
              He was desperate enough to accept 15 flat. He clearly wanted the fight. Now he's holding out for 50/50. If you want to call that a duck, go ahead. I'm sure we agree he's not worth 50/50 right now. But to say he never wanted the fight is inaccurate. He clearly wanted it.

Comment

Wilder just did over 325k in his PPV debut, at $75, against an opponent that was barely known in the US before the fight was signed. Wilder is clearly a PPV attraction now.

Everyone involved, on both sides, believes the fight would do over 1 million US PPV buys. The problem is that Hearn is trying to please DAZN by blocking the fight from being on PPV, where clearly the most money would be made.
                (1) The fact that Fury is british help sold that fight, Wilder is barely known too. Is his next fight against Breazeale on PPV?

(2) Joshua is NOT signed to DAZN, he can fight on showtime or ESPN. It’s all about money to Hearn, he made that plain ness in a recent interview. So all these “Hearn is trying to please DAZN” is BS. He made it clear that the fight can go to showtime PPV.

(3) The fans are the ones losing out, even on PPV both fighters aren’t going to earn more than what’s on the table right now from DAZN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  (1) The fact that Fury is british help sold that fight, Wilder is barely known too. Is his next fight against Breazeale on PPV?
                  Why would Fury being British help sell the PPV in the US? Doesn't really make sense. Wilder isn't barely known. He's been Showtime's biggest ratings draw for years. He had multiple fights on NBC and FOX do millions of viewers. He has nearly 2 million followers on Instagram. He starred in a popular reality show on TV here too. You don't live here. You just have Hearn telling you he's unknown. The numbers show Hearn is lying.

(2) Joshua is NOT signed to DAZN, he can fight on showtime or ESPN. It’s all about money to Hearn, he made that plain ness in a recent interview.
                  It doesn't matter what Hearn makes "plain" in an interview if Hearn is lying. Wilder and Joshua were both fighting on Showtime. Showtime wanted to make the fight. Wilder wanted to make the fight. What did Hearn do? Take Joshua to DAZN. Does that seem like something someone would do if they wanted to make the fight?

(3) The fans are the ones losing out, even on PPV both fighters aren’t going to earn more than what’s on the table right now from DAZN.
                  Fans lose out because PPV costs more, but there's no doubt the fighters would earn more on PPV. Unless DAZN increases their offer further. Which they might.

Making the fight isn't complicated. Put the fight where it makes the most money. Air it on the platform paying the most money. Do a rematch. Also where it makes the most on what makes the most. No strings attached beyond that. 60/40 AJ in fight one. 60/40 Wilder in fight two if he wins the first and 70/30 AJ if AJ wins the first.

That's an offer that would get the deal done. But Hearn has no incentive to do that deal. Hearn has to please DAZN regardless of what's best for AJ.

Comment

They were willing to. Joshua asked for 50 million and they said no problem.

Hearn doesn't want the fight in the US. DAZN was able to pressure him into agreeing that one fight would be in the US if Wilder signed a lengthy deal, but Hearn has never been willing to just do the fight in the country that makes the fighters the most money and on the platform that makes the fighters the most money.

This should be so simple. Go to Vegas and put the fight on PPV. Everyone makes a bajillion dollars. Mutual rematch clause. Put the rematch where it'll make the most money and on the platform that will make the most money. Everyone makes a bajillion dollars.

Which side is stopping that scenario from taking place? Not Wilder's side.
                    They didn't say no problem. That's a distorted lie.

They said:
                    • We won't tell you the terms
                    • You must publicly accept
                    • It wouldn't be productive to have a meeting
                    • We will own the promotion

Funnily enough some of the things they are now accusing them of doing.

Hilarious to see you wilder fanboys backtrack on this stuff.

Comment

He was desperate enough to accept 15 flat. He clearly wanted the fight. Now he's holding out for 50/50. If you want to call that a duck, go ahead. I'm sure we agree he's not worth 50/50 right now. But to say he never wanted the fight is inaccurate. He clearly wanted it.
                      This guy is the guy the two people quoted in my sig, are talking about.

Comment

Working...
                      X