No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Wants The Best at 160 - With Or Without The Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
    This is the post by you I responded to. It apparently is a post about how you score a fight irrespective of who is fighting.

I am a boxing fan, I don't score fights the first time I watch them

I put my pen/paper down about 40 years ago kid, around about the same time I learned how to score a fight

adding up jabs is a fools errand when it comes to professional boxing, I can clearly see how a fight is unfolding

If that's how you score a fight then no wonder you get so confused. Fights are scored by rounds and punches landed are the primary scoring criteria. Boxing is a combat sport after all. I doubt you can see clearly in regards to fighters you like because you have an almost fanatical fixation on Canelo.

you are a fkn idiot, and clearly just a casual fan

this is the official scoring criteria.....

* clean hard punching
    * effective aggression
    * ring generalship
    * defence

punches landed are not official scoring criteria kid

you just exposed yourself, for about the 15th time LMAO

you are truly shocking Tony

at least you never said that when Golovkin stated "anyone from 154-168"..... he meant, at 160..... again

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      you are a fkn idiot, and clearly just a casual fan

this is the official scoring criteria.....

* clean hard punching
      * effective aggression
      * ring generalship
      * defence

punches landed are not official scoring criteria kid

you just exposed yourself, for about the 15th time LMAO

you are truly shocking Tony

at least you never said that when Golovkin stated "anyone from 154-168"..... he meant, at 160..... again
      You are an idiot. Punches landed are the #1 scoring criteria. You exposed yourself with 15 rebuttals. LOL Your official scoring criteria is used to help the judges decide who won in close rounds. These are guidelines to be considered by the judges, not official anything.

I can't believe I had to go look for articles to prove to you Mr. Boxing that you don't know your as s from a hole in the ground.
      Taken from an article informing novices how fights are scored..

"Judging Criteria

I found the following judging criteria in this article. The author sources the International Boxing Association Technical & Competition Rules and the World Boxing Association Regulations and Rules Governing World Championship Contests.

Qualification

Before a fighter begins a bout, he must qualify according to the rules of the sanctioning organization.

Counting Punches

Throughout the course of each round, judges count the number of punches each boxer lands. These punches are divided between "power punches" that land solidly with force, and "glancing punches" such as a light jab, or a punch that slides along the body. Punches with no force, or punches to the arms, are not counted at all.

Winning the Round

If a fighter has scored more punches at the end of a round, the judges award the round to that fighter. If it's a tie, the win goes to the fighter each judge decides showed the most control, technique or style during the round.

Winning the Bout

A fighter who wins a round receives 10 points for that round. The loser of a round receives 9 or fewer points, based on the margin by which he lost. As a general rule, receiving less than 9 points only happens in the case of a knockdown, penalty point or similar major sign that a fighter was outclassed. After all rounds are fought, the judges total the scores to determine a match total. Whoever has the most points wins."

Comment

You are an idiot. Punches landed are the #1 scoring criteria. You exposed yourself with 15 rebuttals. LOL Your official scoring criteria is used to help the judges decide who won in close rounds. These are guidelines to be considered by the judges, not official anything.

I can't believe I had to go look for articles to prove to you Mr. Boxing that you don't know your as s from a hole in the ground.
        Taken from an article informing novices how fights are scored..

"Judging Criteria

I found the following judging criteria in this article. The author sources the International Boxing Association Technical & Competition Rules and the World Boxing Association Regulations and Rules Governing World Championship Contests.

Qualification

Before a fighter begins a bout, he must qualify according to the rules of the sanctioning organization.

Counting Punches

Throughout the course of each round, judges count the number of punches each boxer lands. These punches are divided between "power punches" that land solidly with force, and "glancing punches" such as a light jab, or a punch that slides along the body. Punches with no force, or punches to the arms, are not counted at all.

Winning the Round

If a fighter has scored more punches at the end of a round, the judges award the round to that fighter. If it's a tie, the win goes to the fighter each judge decides showed the most control, technique or style during the round.

Winning the Bout

A fighter who wins a round receives 10 points for that round. The loser of a round receives 9 or fewer points, based on the margin by which he lost. As a general rule, receiving less than 9 points only happens in the case of a knockdown, penalty point or similar major sign that a fighter was outclassed. After all rounds are fought, the judges total the scores to determine a match total. Whoever has the most points wins."

that is absolute bollocks !!

btw, link..... ?

just need to check that you have not edited anything

" Punches with no force..... are not counted at all "

including pushed/prodding jabs..... they are not scoring punches

if you need a roadmap to tell you who scored many more CLEAN, HARD, judge-friendly, punches in that fight.....

did they really call you Tony Baloney at school ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          Ha well. Thing is all the BS surrounding those statements ain't entirely the fault of the 'haters' and I say this as a dude who started posting - at least in part - cos of GGG. Dudes immediately started using it as ammunition to hold GGG as some kinda paragon and to criticise other fighters (most notably Floyd) as a cherrypicker by comparison. Ain't surprising it came back to bite 'em on the ass. Bear in mind this was around the time Pac got switched off by JMM and there was a section of the Pac fanbase who were looking for a way to carry on the squabble with the Floyd dudes. Naturally that caused resentment and led many of the Floyd fanbase start sniping on GGG... whole damn thing's been just a tedious continuation of the Floyd - Pac BS to my eyes, and it's hard to blame one side more than the other, though it sucks as a genuine Golovkin fan who liked both Floyd and Pac and tried hard to steer around all that crap.
          I hear ya man. There is probably some nuance to it. I have never really been a huge Floyd or Pac fan, but have no hate for them either. They were both great. I am more of a fan of GGG's style in and out of the ring but you are probably correct that some of the hate thrown GGG's way is a little nuanced.

Comment

that is absolute bollocks !!

btw, link..... ?

just need to check that you have not edited anything

including pushed/prodding jabs..... they are not scoring punches

if you need a roadmap to tell you who scored many more CLEAN, HARD, judge-friendly, punches in that fight.....

did they really call you Tony Baloney at school ?
            This has nothing to do with
            Golovkin. It has everything to do with you saying that landed punches are not the determining factor in aboxing match. I didn't edit or change any part of this article.You are the genius that came up with this little chestnut

.punches landed are not official scoring criteria kid

ARE YOU FN KIDDING ME...

The fact that you consider that one fighter outlanding another as a minor point is mind boggling. As usual you try to find sinister motives in any post about boxing that you don't agree with by deflecting to Golovkin.
            Last edited by TonyGe; 03-26-2019, 06:55 PM.

Comment

This has nothing to do with
              Golovkin. It has everything to do with you saying that landed punches are not the determining factor in aboxing match. I didn't edit or change any part of this article.You are the genius that came up with this little chestnut

.punches landed are not official scoring criteria kid

ARE YOU FN KIDDING ME...

The fact that you consider that one fighter outlanding another as a minor point is mind boggling. As usual you try to find sinister motives in any post about boxing that you don't agree with by deflecting to Golovkin.

they are not, you fkn idiot

there are punches, and there are scoring punches

once again..... if you need a roadmap to tell you who scored many more CLEAN, HARD, judge-friendly, punches in that fight.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                I am more of a fan of GGG's style in and out of the ring......

someone needs a daddy

why do you creepy clowns get sooooo invested LMAO

Comment

someone needs a daddy

why do you creepy clowns get sooooo invested LMAO
                  Time - If I was a betting man, I would wager that of the two of us, one of us has actually met his dad and one of us hasn't ;0

But seriously man you are really a strange guy lol.

Honestly you taking that comment in a weird way says way more about where your head is at with GGG than me. How would anyone take that comment sexually lol? You need help bro. You probably have posters of him on your wall and you beat off to him every night and then hate yourself for it when you're done.

Obviously from me it is a comment that he seems like a quality guy outside the ring. No tattoos, family man, not dripping with jewelry and spending his money frivolously. Not getting accused of rape (referring specifically to the Kov situation although that is a little dubious still).

You're a fan of an athlete if you like their style on the field/court etc, and if you can relate to them. I can relate to GGG in those ways, he seems like a smart civilized human being, as am I, outside the ring.

Most of the guys you support are probably like you outside the ring, I would imagine. Poor English skills, difficulty in analyzing things, not very smart, very low IQ, a lot of self-hatred, and really gay.

But in all seriousness, your response here is indicative of why I have 0 care for anything you have to say. I don't think you're very smart; I think I am a lot smarter than you; as a result I just don't really care for your opinion on anything at all. I don't think you're smart enough, and you prove me right with almost every post.

God Bless though man, be well. I appreciate your love for the sport and I encourage you to keep studying the game and to leave your agenda and biases at the door when grading fights, and to start to support boxing in general and not just 'your guys.' I think you will be a lot better off if you take that route.
                  Last edited by Boxing_1013; 03-26-2019, 08:30 PM.

Comment

they are not, you fkn idiot

there are punches, and there are scoring punches

once again..... if you need a roadmap to tell you who scored many more CLEAN, HARD, judge-friendly, punches in that fight.....
                    You're doing it again. LOL.. Golovkin vs Canelo. Landing punches on your opponent is the most important part of boxing. I don't care who is fighting. To say otherwise is denying reality. By the way I take exception to your comment about me editing the quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
                      Time - If I was a betting man, I would wager that of the two of us, one of us has actually met his dad and one of us hasn't ;0

But seriously man you are really a strange guy lol.

Honestly you taking that comment in a weird way says way more about where your head is at with GGG than me. How would anyone take that comment sexually lol? You need help bro. You probably have posters of him on your wall and you beat off to him every night and then hate yourself for it when you're done.

Obviously from me it is a comment that he seems like a quality guy outside the ring. No tattoos, family man, not dripping with jewelry and spending his money frivolously. Not getting accused of rape (referring specifically to the Kov situation although that is a little dubious still).

You're a fan of an athlete if you like their style on the field/court etc, and if you can relate to them. I can relate to GGG in those ways, he seems like a smart civilized human being, as am I, outside the ring.

Most of the guys you support are probably like you outside the ring, I would imagine. Poor English skills, difficulty in analyzing things, not very smart, very low IQ, a lot of self-hatred, and really gay.

But in all seriousness, your response here is indicative of why I have 0 care for anything you have to say. I don't think you're very smart; I think I am a lot smarter than you; as a result I just don't really care for your opinion on anything at all. I don't think you're smart enough, and you prove me right with almost every post.

God Bless though man, be well. I appreciate your love for the sport and I encourage you to keep studying the game and to leave your agenda and biases at the door when grading fights, and to start to support boxing in general and not just 'your guys.' I think you will be a lot better off if you take that route.

I did not take that comment sexually..... I took it creepily

I mean, seriously..... if you NEED a role model, or a hero..... then why not pick one with some morals, ethics, and intestinal fortitude..... ?

you decided to idolize a guy who would cut off one of his fingers to avoid a threat, and who has made an art-form out of lying to his idiot fans
                      Last edited by aboutfkntime; 03-27-2019, 01:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X