Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bellew: AJ is Best Heavyweight, Wilder is Worst Champ of All-Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hitking View Post
    Yet another fighter saying Wilder is trash, but didn’t wanna fight him. Mr Bellew must think about his change of heart on fighting Wilder once he saw him up close. Which is interesting. Because Wilder and Bellew have basically weighed in around the same weight in their last couple heavyweight fights.
    But only one of them has been holding the WBC HW title hostage for 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      It's easy to talk trash from a safe distance. Bellend was terrified of Wilder when they met in real life.

Deontay is not a technical marvel but for sure he's better than John Ruiz.
      Not technically he is not I’m afraid

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
        I thought it was just belt transfer ceremony, that Eddie paid a handsome sum for.
        Eddie has to throw a few dollars into Haymon's begging bowl every now and then to keep him afloat. He's a charitable soul, our Eddie.

Comment

Bellew is backing his friend from the Hearn stable I see to be the top Heavyweight in the whole division?

hmmm makes sense as he's not too fond of wilder or especially fury for that matter..

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
            Ortiz is garbage. I have watched Ortiz live twice and he is so slow it’s unbelievable. Wilder has the tendency of making fighters look better than they are. That Ortiz has fought non existent competition.

Who the hell is kauffman? Yet he went 12 rounds , now Hammer who has been knocked out by Hammer he wins by unanimous decision. I don’t want to give him unfair treatment because he is old but he won’t beat Joyce talk less of any of the top guys
            Then back to my question. If he’s so garbage why didn’t AJ fight him when he signed with Hearn? Neither Whyte or AJ faced him. Yeah he went the distance with Hammer but he clearly beat him. He’s a better opponent then Takam, Parker and Big Baby. Deontay showed his quality against Ortiz and Fury even tho I think Fury edged it. It’s not pretty but it sure is effective and AJ won’t be heavily favored if they meet.

Comment

In defense of Bellew he must have been misquoted. He's a smart guy and knows how hard it is to crank a great boxer like Fury or KO solid fighter like Ortiz. He would never dare go in the ring with Wilder. I think he meant worst in terms of awkwardness. Bottom line Wilder puts everyone down eventually and that takes ability and skill not luck. Otherwise your local bouncer would be Heavyweight champ or Lebron would be WBC champ

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
                He hasn't said anything all that controversial though, has he? In terms of pure boxing technique, Wilder is quite horrible. He showed that for 11.5 rounds against Fury. I think most knowledgeable fans would agree that Wilder is one of the worst technicians to ever hold a HW title, but that's not the same as saying he's the worst HW champion ever.
                I think most people replying have their fanboy hats on and are not seeing the wood from the trees.

I guess the headline gets people all worked up thinking that Bellew is saying Wilder is the worst heavyweight full stop. What he's actually taking about is only his technical ability. You could make the case that Charles Martin was the worst even technically, I'd probably fall into that camp, but Bellew isn't wrong as you could argue the case.

That doesn't mean that Wilder is the "worst" champion, far from it. He's one of the most exciting to watch because of his devastating power, but sometimes suspect chin. He clearly has the power to knockout any one on the planet and that's going to draw the people in as long as he fights the big names.

It's all symantics at the end of the day, every boxing website or pundit will make a big deal of the words and leave out the word "technically" to draw people in for clicks, views and listeners. All because they know Wilder and AJ fans are probably worse than Mayweather/Pac fans in how much they hate each other, Hearn, Finkel....

Comment

Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
                  In defense of Bellew he must have been misquoted. He's a smart guy and knows how hard it is to crank a great boxer like Fury or KO solid fighter like Ortiz. He would never dare go in the ring with Wilder. I think he meant worst in terms of awkwardness. Bottom line Wilder puts everyone down eventually and that takes ability and skill not luck. Otherwise your local bouncer would be Heavyweight champ or Lebron would be WBC champ
                  Spot on, it's quite deliberate that he's being misquoted, it sells to have huge headlines getting fanboys in a tizzy.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    Eddie has to throw a few dollars into Haymon's begging bowl every now and then to keep him afloat. He's a charitable soul, our Eddie.
                    Its not like Charles Martin was going to ever successfully defend it against anyone. Might as well sell it to the highest bidder.

AJ knows how to buy his belts, and gold medals.

Comment

• Bellew can be biased, but he is right.

Comment

Working...
                      X