Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Mayweather-Canelo II Could Be a $1.5 Billion Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar must be snorting that good Coke again... I wonder who his connection is??

Comment

Wait there is some IRONY here. Isn’t Canelo 2-3 weight division higher than Mayweather. Not to mention Floyd is 42.

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
        Mayweather could make 2/3 the same amount just rematching pacquaio. IF he was going to fight a real boxer, it would be pacquaio.

Canelo is prime and has fought at 168 now. Mayweather is 42 years old and hasnt fought a boxer in 4 years back in 2015.

lol at Oscar calling him out using Canelo.

Oscar's old ass should call him out himself, then "Mayweather- DLH II, "Two Old Men Bury the Hatchet". Oscar would be mad as *** they would put Mayweather's name first before his, I dont think he could handle that.
        He can't though; the illusion that Manny Pacquiao was a good enough fighter to beat Floyd are gone, and folks won't fall for it.

Still, money talks; if this $1.5b is really viable, front Floyd a $400m guarantee, with a back-end share coming at $750m+, have Floyd's money escrowed upon signing the deal, and send the offer to Haymon.

It's a really dangerous fight, but I don't think there's a man on this Earth that Floyd wouldn't fight for a guaranteed $400m with the chance to top $700m+.

Comment

So the author says that Canelo's wins against Miguel Cotto and JCC Jr were impressive. I don't think so. I thought Cotto won that fight. And JCC Jr was weight-drained, and barely threw punches to make the bout competitive.

Comment

Yeah, that's right. Go beat up a small, washed up old man. Now go beat up grandpa! You roided, juiced up cheater.

Comment

He couldn't just go with $1B?

Leave it up to Oscar go crazy even with just a hypothetical situation.

I kinda agree a rematch would be a huge fight but I think the general public would need to see Mayweather in 1 or 2 tune up fights to buy it.

Time has ran out on the rematch and Oscar needs to move on.

Comment

But wait. Didn’t Mayweather fight a younger Cotto and Mosly than Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
                  He couldn't just go with $1B?

Leave it up to Oscar go crazy even with just a hypothetical situation.

I kinda agree a rematch would be a huge fight but I think the general public would need to see Mayweather in 1 or 2 tune up fights to buy it.

Time has ran out on the rematch and Oscar needs to move on.
                  In terms of the general public, the fact that Floyd hasn’t fought a boxer in four years IS THE SELLING POINT. Non-boxing fans (your average run of the mill sports fans), couldn’t name a single fighter Floyd has fought in the last five years that isn’t named Canelo or Pacquiao. The story is like Leonard-Hagler. Probably ends the same way. Close fight with the comeback fighter winning, and Canelo forever salty.

Comment

floyd whopped your boy dela fishnets get over it

Comment

Gay ass Oscar so hateful he’s willing

To go bankrupt to see Floyd with a loss. A 42 year old against a young Super Middleweight and Floyd walks around at 150, Really Oscar! Go sit your gay ass, hating, coke head down. Canelo loss, u loss and so did 40 others

Comment

Working...
                      X