Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo says he wants to fight Kovalev at 175.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo says he wants to fight Kovalev at 175.

Does Canelo have a shot against Kovalev at 175?

yes i think so.

Comment

it'd be a helluva scalp for him. like bernard and tarver.

Comment

It would be hard at this time but I can see him pulling it off. The dirty ginger is going to end up with a better resume than Floyd and bigger challenges

Comment

Does Canelo have a shot against Kovalev at 175?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Unless there's a rehydration clause then possibly, but going up to 175 and Kovalev? Nah he's much faster with dynamite in his fists. He's not GGG not a punching bag he fights back. Depends on when he wants to go this year? Or wait it out a bit? If the latter then disregard what I said, because he could probably get the stoppage or at least decision over a faded champion. 6mos from now? Straight dreaming and fairytales don't end well in reality.

Comment

Don't hold your breath.

I'd have been impressed had he gone after Callum Smith or even Zurdo instead of Rocky Fielding saddled with a rehydration clause.

this is clearly just more phking around...

Comment

kovalev isnt' what he was, but i still wouldn't put canelo in there with him. 175 is a tall task for a dude who is 5'7" and came to america as a welterweight and fought for a long time at 154 lbs.

it would be a heck of a win if he could pull it off, and he might just be all wrong for kovalev if he can get inside. he'd definitely be the better boxer on his way in, but he'd be at a massive disadvantage in length and power.

Comment

Kovalev, old age and chin issues, will be a tough mountain to climb for Canelo.

1) Kovalev fights tall and long. He's got long arms for a white man. That alone poses problems for the shorter Canelo.

2) Needless to say Kovalev has the power, levels above Fielding.

3) I dont think Canelo will have a power to dent Kov's glass chin.

4) Canelo will break Kov by body shots. Yeah but it'll also give Kov the chance to land those power shots. Remember, Kovalev is taller and longer.

Comment

I don't know. Kovalev is 35.

That's getting to the sweet spot where Canelo likes his tougher opponents to be. I'm not surprised he spoke up. Wait another year and I could see Canelo pulling a win, especially with the usual judges on his side.

Comment

Canelo gets KTFO at 175 against Kovalev.

Comment

Working...
                    X