No announcement yet.

Is Usyk still going to clear out heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
    Come on man. Usyk can't beat Fury, the size difference is just way too much.
    Look what steve cunningham was able to do. Fury is on record acknowledging that smaller 6ft3 guys are his weakness

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
      i rewatched the fight like a month & a half ago. i scored it 7-5 salido. yall dudes be overstating the amount of "low blows" in that fight. yall mention the "low blows" but dont mention the EXCESSIVE HOLDING from lomachenko which is one of the main reasons why salido was diggin to the body. loma went life & death with a fighter who had DOUBLE DIGIT LOSSES.
      he's NOT a top 5 p4p fighter.
      he has less than 15 fights.
      he's NOT on Hopkins, Armstrong or NONE of their levels. Hopkins has about 5X as many fights as loma and Armstrong has about 14X as many fights as loma theyre NOT in the same skratosphere.
      dont EVER mention loma in the same breath as them
      So you tweak your rules and have excuses for when your standards are proven false? He IS a top 5 p4p. In fact every publication and media has him as #1 with him being the #1 or at worst #2 on pretty much all fan p4p lists. YOUR p4p is based on one person and it’s likely your ranking is based on prejudice. The majority generally rules over an individual, especially one who could/would be catergorized as biased.

His lack of fights is whatever in the current scene. He’s factually accomplished more than nearly every active p4p in his 13 fights he basically just skipped the usual 15-20 tuneups and nobody ranks a fighter based on those fights really. He’s had more title fight wins than Garcia and Spence combined and he’s already beaten more champions than Crawford, Spence, Usyk, Garcia, Inoue, Crawford etc; and he’s gotten to the #1 spot in more divisions than any active fighter save for Pacquaio.

His skills are pretty good too so if you ignore facts, resumes, tune-up fights etc; in your criteria well then he’s very special on the eye test thing too which folks love to rate Spence on.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        So you tweak your rules and have excuses for when your standards are proven false? He IS a top 5 p4p. In fact every publication and media has him as #1 with him being the #1 or at worst #2 on pretty much all fan p4p lists. YOUR p4p is based on one person and it’s likely your ranking is based on prejudice. The majority generally rules over an individual, especially one who could/would be catergorized as biased.

His lack of fights is whatever in the current scene. He’s factually accomplished more than nearly every active p4p in his 13 fights he basically just skipped the usual 15-20 tuneups and nobody ranks a fighter based on those fights really. He’s had more title fight wins than Garcia and Spence combined and he’s already beaten more champions than Crawford, Spence, Usyk, Garcia, Inoue, Crawford etc; and he’s gotten to the #1 spot in more divisions than any active fighter save for Pacquaio.

His skills are pretty good too so if you ignore facts, resumes, tune-up fights etc; in your criteria well then he’s very special on the eye test thing too which folks love to rate Spence on.
        im "racist" but usyk i have in my top 3..
        ALL of these fighters have UNDEFEATED records. loma doesnt.
        loma came out the ams as a 26 year old GROWN MAN.
        most of these other fighters had to come out of the ams early to provide for their seeds and families. and they came out as like 18, 19 or 20 years old they didnt get an extra 6 years learning curve in the ams to polish themselves and to learn more about fighting on an AMATEUR level. he LOST to a fighter that had DOUBLE DIGIT LOSSES.

Comment

im "racist" but usyk i have in my top 3..
          ALL of these fighters have UNDEFEATED records. loma doesnt.
          loma came out the ams as a 26 year old GROWN MAN.
          most of these other fighters had to come out of the ams early to provide for their seeds and families. and they came out as like 18, 19 or 20 years old they didnt get an extra 6 years learning curve in the ams to polish themselves and to learn more about fighting on an AMATEUR level. he LOST to a fighter that had DOUBLE DIGIT LOSSES.
          Yes.

Loma wasn't 26 when he turned pro and he also deserves credit for going straight to titles and top opponents. I've also heard amateurs mean nothing from detractors like you so that turning pro at 24 or 25 only hurt his learning curve by that logic.

Comment

Yes.

Loma wasn't 26 when he turned pro and he also deserves credit for going straight to titles and top opponents. I've also heard amateurs mean nothing from detractors like you so that turning pro at 24 or 25 only hurt his learning curve by that logic.
            turned pro at 25(just looked it up. an ADULT man ahead of all the other 19, 20 & 21 year olds that came out of the ams at that age.
            also loma has a LOSS he hasnt revenged.

Comment

turned pro at 25(just looked it up. an ADULT man ahead of all the other 19, 20 & 21 year olds that came out of the ams at that age.
              also loma has a LOSS he hasnt revenged.
              Except he hasn’t fought any of those amateurs. He’s fought multiple more experienced, unbeaten (shows that it doesn’t matter that much) fighters folks you like you picked like Walters, Russell, Rigo and completely dominated them. They all had far more wins, less losses, far more experience.

Like I said more accomplished fighters than Loma have lost to lesser fighters than Salido early in their careers and some not so early and not got re-matches either and to clearer defeats and that’s not even mentioning the weigh-in fiasco. Hopkins never did get Clint Mitchell in the ring. Armstrong never did avenge that KO loss to Al Lovino, Arguello never got his re-matches, Marquez never could get a “win” over Norwood, Pacquaio lost twice after winning his first title to nobodies and by KO. Never avenged and he won fighter of the decade, was pound for pound etc; and there’s at least 50 more examples I’m sure. You’re standards change I’m sure and it’s ok. I know why.

Comment

Except he hasn’t fought any of those amateurs. He’s fought multiple more experienced, unbeaten (shows that it doesn’t matter that much) fighters folks you like you picked like Walters, Russell, Rigo and completely dominated them. They all had far more wins, less losses, far more experience.

Like I said more accomplished fighters than Loma have lost to lesser fighters than Salido early in their careers and some not so early and not got re-matches either and to clearer defeats and that’s not even mentioning the weigh-in fiasco. Hopkins never did get Clint Mitchell in the ring. Armstrong never did avenge that KO loss to Al Lovino, Arguello never got his re-matches, Marquez never could get a “win” over Norwood, Pacquaio lost twice after winning his first title to nobodies and by KO. Never avenged and he won fighter of the decade, was pound for pound etc; and there’s at least 50 more examples I’m sure. You’re standards change I’m sure and it’s ok. I know why.
                walters was on a layoff for more than a year when he fought loma, russel was a PROSPECT when he fought loma, Rigo wanted to fight loma when he was at 126 but they wouldnt fight rigo then so they waited him out until the wba screwed him and santa cruz, frampton & others ducked out of the 122 & 126 weight classes to whitelist rigo from the 122 division, so rigo jumped up TWO weight classes to fight loma. when rigos NATURAL weight is 118.
                how many fights did clinton mitchell have? and how many LOSSES did he have when he fought a Bernard Hopkins who had a VERY small amateur career and his "amateur" circuit was the pennsylvania prison system? how many fights did B Hop have when he fought mitchell? they fought a 4 ROUND fight which he lost a MAJORITY DECISION at light heavyweight(i might add) NOT at middleweight
                much much much much much different than a fighter who had 400 AMATEUR fights and was prepared for fighting and been fighting his entire life and been groomed as a boxer to LOSE to salido who AT THE TIME had DOUBLE DIGIT losses when he BEAT lomachenko.
                you said my standards change but if thats the case how is usyk in my TOP 3 ABOVE lomachenko then?

Comment

walters was on a layoff for more than a year when he fought loma, russel was a PROSPECT when he fought loma, Rigo wanted to fight loma when he was at 126 but they wouldnt fight rigo then so they waited him out until the wba screwed him and santa cruz, frampton & others ducked out of the 122 & 126 weight classes to whitelist rigo from the 122 division, so rigo jumped up TWO weight classes to fight loma. when rigos NATURAL weight is 118.
                  how many fights did clinton mitchell have? and how many LOSSES did he have when he fought a Bernard Hopkins who had a VERY small amateur career and his "amateur" circuit was the pennsylvania prison system? how many fights did B Hop have when he fought mitchell? they fought a 4 ROUND fight which he lost a MAJORITY DECISION at light heavyweight(i might add) NOT at middleweight
                  much much much much much different than a fighter who had 400 AMATEUR fights and was prepared for fighting and been fighting his entire life and been groomed as a boxer to LOSE to salido who AT THE TIME had DOUBLE DIGIT losses when he BEAT lomachenko.
                  you said my standards change but if thats the case how is usyk in my TOP 3 ABOVE lomachenko then?
                  Full of lies and excuses. Walters was off less time than Postol and gamboa were for Crawford. When did 10 months become “more than a year”? Last I checked a year is 12 months and more than a year would be 12 or more months and 10 months is less than a year based on the fact 10 is a smaller number than 12 and Rigo admitted ON FILM to rejecting the Loma fight at 126 for MORE MONEY than he ended up accepting!! Rigid NEVER fought at 118 either. Why make that up? Russell was NOT a prospect he had around 20 fights far more experience than Loma and he beat Johnny Gonzalez right after. Also Mayweather fought De La Hoya and Mosley with bigger layoffs than Walters too and they were in their late 30s do you make excuses for them? I bet you picked Russell, Rigo and Walters too.

Clint Mitchell was making his debut and never won a world title or won close to 50 fights (he won 3). Hopkins also had close to 200 amateur fights so not that limited. Better fighters than Hopkins have losses like that too. Some even worse.

I doubt you care about Usyk. I doubt you’ve seen him if you think he’s better than Loma watching them. You feel it’s ok to list him to prove your not being racist because you don’t see him as a threat. That’s my hunch.
                  Last edited by chrisJS; 03-06-2019, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Full of lies and excuses. Walters was off less time than Postol and gamboa were for Crawford. When did 10 months become “more than a year”? Last I checked a year is 12 months and more than a year would be 12 or more months and 10 months is less than a year based on the fact 10 is a smaller number than 12 and Rigo admitted ON FILM to rejecting the Loma fight at 126 for MORE MONEY than he ended up accepting!! Rigid NEVER fought at 118 either. Why make that up? Russell was NOT a prospect he had around 20 fights far more experience than Loma and he beat Johnny Gonzalez right after. Also Mayweather fought De La Hoya and Mosley with bigger layoffs than Walters too and they were in their late 30s do you make excuses for them? I bet you picked Russell, Rigo and Walters too.

Clint Mitchell was making his debut and never won a world title or won close to 50 fights (he won 3). Hopkins also had close to 200 amateur fights so not that limited. Better fighters than Hopkins have losses like that too. Some even worse.

I doubt you care about Usyk. I doubt you’ve seen him if you think he’s better than Loma watching them. You feel it’s ok to list him to prove your not being racist because you don’t see him as a threat. That’s my hunch.
                    russel was unproven at that time. walters was on layoff. rigo was low-balled and the video is out there for 126.
                    never seen any verification that B Hop had over 20 am fights mch less 200(PROVE IT WITH A VERIFIED SOURCE)

i dont think usyk is that good BUT he became UNDISPUTED and THAT HAS to be respected. even tho its in the cruiserweight division(and that div has been notoriously weak) he STILL became UNDISPUTED somethin loma hasnt come close to doing.
                    & idc if you think im racist or not i dont base my opinions on boxing on you or ANYONE else. if you feel im "racist" i could LITERALLY CARE LESS.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X