Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Usyk still going to clear out heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usyk is more skilled than Fury. That shouldn't even be open for interpretation. I do think Fury is wrong for Usyk in a heavyweight fight though and that's the one I'd pick strongly against Usyk. I think Usyk would toy with Wilder and I think he'd beat Joshua but will feel more confident after at least two fights to acclimatize.

It will be funny to see who the LDBC and their blind worshippers root for in Joshua vs. Usyk. They hate Joshua because he's the recognized #1 and unified three belts but they will really hate Usyk when they hear about him and see what he looks like because, well, you know...

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
      *you're & i dont really watch dontaes videos like that more along the lines of #LDBC & #NEWMEDIA & #BlackMediasRow

& i'm "racist" but usyk is in my top 3 p4p huh?
      tfoh
      whatever they are all the same, not exactly unbiased are they!

Not having Lomachenko up there p4p , is literally the same as someone not having Mayweather in his prime not up there!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
        It will be funny to see who the LDBC and their blind worshippers root for in Joshua vs. Usyk. They hate Joshua because he's the recognized #1 and unified three belts but they will really hate Usyk when they hear about him and see what he looks like because, well, you know...
        oh they already hate and are threatened by Usyk, but if that fight happens no doubt they'd suddenly become Joshua fans!

Comment

Originally posted by AlcoholicAuthor View Post
          whatever they are all the same, not exactly unbiased are they!

Not having Lomachenko up there p4p , is literally the same as someone not having Mayweather in his prime not up there!
          lomachenko has a LOSS on his record the other 3 dont.
          end of discussion.
          lomachenko is not a p4p fighter until he avenges his loss.
          funny you biased ass fans talk **** about Wilder in a close fight, demands a rematch and fury runs but lomachenko loses to salido 7-5 on my cards and NEVER went back to try to REMATCH salido but somehow loma should be on someones p4p top 5 tfoh

Comment

Usyk is more skilled than Fury. That shouldn't even be open for interpretation. I do think Fury is wrong for Usyk in a heavyweight fight though and that's the one I'd pick strongly against Usyk. I think Usyk would toy with Wilder and I think he'd beat Joshua but will feel more confident after at least two fights to acclimatize.
            He's definitely more skilled than Fury, was just watching some Usyk fights again last night before bed. Fury is all wrong for him though, that reach advantage will pick Usyk from afar and inside Fury can clinch and lean - Usyk doesn't have that 1 punch KO power to pose much of a threat. Fury is just a kunt of a fighter to have to deal with and his ring IQ is very good.

I think Usyk can beat Wilder, obviously we know what happens if Wilder can connect.
            With AJ, Usyk can outbox him I feel but AJ is too well rounded.

If referees took points off for holding, clinching, leaning etc. I'd give him a much better chance against Fury and AJ.

In what world does Usyk win a decision over AJ or Fury, especially in the UK? Either way he isn't going to outclass them both, it would either be him getting stopped or a very tough 12 rounds.

Usyk's a cool guy and a great boxer, if he had David Haye power I'd favour him against all the HWs

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
              lomachenko has a LOSS on his record the other 3 dont.
              end of discussion.
              lomachenko is not a p4p fighter until he avenges his loss.
              funny you biased ass fans talk **** about Wilder in a close fight, demands a rematch and fury runs but lomachenko loses to salido 7-5 on my cards and NEVER went back to try to REMATCH salido but somehow loma should be on someones p4p top 5 tfoh
              He tried hard to get a re-match. Salido even said he was happy with the financial offer but turned it down to pursue a re-match with Vargas and fight with Berchelt.

Bernard Hopkins never avenged his Clinton Mitchell loss so was he never good? Henry Armstrong never avenged multiple early losses yet is in EVERY all-time top 5. Marquez never avenged his Norwood loss so did he never rank elite pound for pound? Pacquaio has two unavenged KO losses early on too, Alexis Arguello etc; etc; better fighters than Loma have lost early career fights to lesser fighters than Salido and have lost them in a way more convincing and fair manner. We can’t act like Salido made weight, weighed in the next day or didn’t get away with close to 100 low blows and a debatable decision.
              Last edited by chrisJS; 02-27-2019, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                After he beat Bellew everyone was saying he will school AJ Wilder and Fury but now you don't hear about him
                Doubtful, he would beat some reasonable competition in the heavyweight division yes however becoming champion by unifying the belts and beating Fury, Wilder and Joshua in the division? nope can't say I see that happening tbh…

Unless with some freak off nature occurrence/miracle that does happen then I will have egg on my face so to speak...

Comment

Usyk is definitely more skilled than Joshua but my knock on him at heavyweight is that he does get hit. If he can adjust his style to a safety first fencing style he might be able to beat AJ but if he does his usual thing of take a few to give a few I don't like his chances. AJ isn't as lauded power wise as Wilder but I'm yet to see anyone get hit clean with power from him and not be in serious strife.

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
                    Usyk is definitely more skilled than Joshua but my knock on him at heavyweight is that he does get hit. If he can adjust his style to a safety first fencing style he might be able to beat AJ but if he does his usual thing of take a few to give a few I don't like his chances. AJ isn't as lauded power wise as Wilder but I'm yet to see anyone get hit clean with power from him and not be in serious strife.
                    Joshua has better two handed power than Wilder and a better arsenal. He’s also a better, more skilled finisher.

Usyk will be facing slower men at Heavyweight but he still needs to tighten his defense though I think he’s good at rolling punches and taking the sting off of them.

Comment

He tried hard to get a re-match. Salido even said he was happy with the financial offer but turned it down to pursue a re-match with Vargas and fight with Berchelt.

Bernard Hopkins never avenged his Clinton Mitchell loss so was he never good? Henry Armstrong never avenged multiple early losses yet is in EVERY all-time top 5. Marquez never avenged his Norwood loss so did he never rank elite pound for pound? Pacquaio has two unavenged KO losses early on too, Alexis Arguello etc; etc; better fighters than Loma have lost early career fights to lesser fighters than Salido and have lost them in a way more convincing and fair manner. We can’t act like Salido made weight, weighed in the next day or didn’t get away with close to 100 low blows and a debatable decision.
                      i rewatched the fight like a month & a half ago. i scored it 7-5 salido. yall dudes be overstating the amount of "low blows" in that fight. yall mention the "low blows" but dont mention the EXCESSIVE HOLDING from lomachenko which is one of the main reasons why salido was diggin to the body. loma went life & death with a fighter who had DOUBLE DIGIT LOSSES.
                      he's NOT a top 5 p4p fighter.
                      he has less than 15 fights.
                      he's NOT on Hopkins, Armstrong or NONE of their levels. Hopkins has about 5X as many fights as loma and Armstrong has about 14X as many fights as loma theyre NOT in the same skratosphere.
                      dont EVER mention loma in the same breath as them

Comment

Working...
                      X