No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Holyfield: Wilder is The Best at Heavyweight, Not Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rusty Tromboni View Post
    Oh wow! telli swift! I can't believe you really have enough spare time in your career as a D-list celebrity to grace us minions on BoxingScene! I'm blushing, actually.

So, tell us. What did Beyonce carry Fury for 12 rounds, when we all know he could have blown out fury in the first?
    Fury's not an easy fight for anybody. Wilder could catch Fury in any round, but the fight went the way it did. Personally, I thought Wilder was doing great. It could've ended sooner had he not abandoned the gameplan, but that's life and boxing. Considering Wilder suffered a broken arm only 12 weeks before camp, it's miraculous he could even land that thing at all with force.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jkp View Post
      Didn't take long for the AJ fanboys to show up and defend there God.

... stopped reading your comment after first sentence.
      I only deal in facts and stuff. Send me your Fury Wilder scorecard so I know whether you are an idiot or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
        now record a VIDEO of you walkin' up to Deontay Wilder and stating this very same sentiment to him in PHYSICAL FORM
        Sure just let me spend 1000s of dollars on a flight to america.

Comment

• Holyfield and Lewis so far.

Two fighters who’ve gone at it know what’s up.

Comment

• Bum that everyone wants to fight...

Comment

• Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
              it's obvious Lenox is scared of AJ surpassing his legacy. He tries to talk down on him any possible chance he has but no body gives a fvvk about his opinion. Maybe only wilder boys.
              What does a former have to lose by a present passing them up?

It's like the only thing that makes them relevant. If Wilder becomes undisputed the only reason to talk about Lennox anymore is because he's the last undisputed.

As long as Joshua is the biggest man in the division people have a reason to talk about Lennox.

No one is talking about Marciano when Dokes is champion.

They spoke about Marciano when Jerry Quarry was being pushed as a white hope and they compared him to Marciano.

They spoke about Marciano when Holmes went for his record.

They spoke about Marciano when Money went for his record.

Ain't no one speaking about Marciano right now except Wilder here and there but if Wilder goes to 48-0 on the 49th you and I both know they will speak about Marciano.

It's good for old'ens to have young'un to compare to. It's what keeps them in public memory.

<--- stupid Wilder fan doe.

Comment

• Originally posted by todisday View Post
                Who you callin' a monkey! lol Wilder never had to receive a count versus Ortiz because he was never knocked down.
                He was knocked down against Sconiers though , the bell saved him as he recalled it before he started lying to the public in an interview a few years ago. Now he's just a complete douche who thinks he's gods gift to boxing. Unanswered blows are also more reason to stop a fight then a knock down, he received over a dozen of them without throwing back. Im bringing this up because its interesting subject when you guys compare chins where Joshua's easy opponents rocked him as well like Molina ,a nd Wilder is on video being down twice and confirmed reports of being decked in sparring by Wlad with 20 ounce gloves on. Just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                  The Joshua Miller fight has sold out? Wow. Didn't know that. I knew they set some presale record for boxing events at MSG but I didn't know the tickets went that quick. Oh wait...nevermind. Plenty of tickets left.

Question for you, who on Joshua resume beats Fury and Ortiz?
                  Povetkin beats Ortiz. Wilder didn't defeat fury he lost. Joshua himself defeats Fury and everyone on wilders resume including him so what are you getting at ? wilder is also going to fight Breazeale at some point and when he does what will the excuse be when he looks very bad in a fight Joshua toyed with him in ? Wilders second best win was just defeated as well by Joyce who also beats Ortiz.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
                    He was knocked down against Sconiers though , the bell saved him as he recalled it before he started lying to the public in an interview a few years ago. Now he's just a complete douche who thinks he's gods gift to boxing. Unanswered blows are also more reason to stop a fight then a knock down, he received over a dozen of them without throwing back. Im bringing this up because its interesting subject when you guys compare chins where Joshua's easy opponents rocked him as well like Molina ,a nd Wilder is on video being down twice and confirmed reports of being decked in sparring by Wlad with 20 ounce gloves on. Just a thought.
                    There's no tape of that fight, so have you seen it, or is this hearsay? Getting knocked down hard wouldn't be that big a deal, but a ton of unanswered punches would be significant. I have trouble imagining that to be the case. I'd like to see it for myself to be able to judge what happened. Some basic Googling just says Wilder knocked the guy down, and then he got caught hard with a shot too and went down himself. The round ended, with him surviving it. Wilder then knocked the guy out. From the sound of it, it could've been Ortiz-ish. That wouldn't warrant stopping a fight. If he was getting wailed on without firing back, and those shots were landing, again, I'd like to see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by todisday View Post
                      There's no tape of that fight, so have you seen it, or is this hearsay? Getting knocked down hard wouldn't be that big a deal, but a ton of unanswered punches would be significant. I have trouble imagining that to be the case. I'd like to see it for myself to be able to judge what happened. Some basic Googling just says Wilder knocked the guy down, and then he got caught hard with a shot too and went down himself. The round ended, with him surviving it. Wilder then knocked the guy out. From the sound of it, it could've been Ortiz-ish. That wouldn't warrant stopping a fight. If he was getting wailed on without firing back, and those shots were landing, again, I'd like to see it.
                      I don't need a tape or video ,heres his quote.

"It was a black out-type of feeling. By the time I got back up, the ref was in my face and I was like, "what's going on?'" D.Wilder

Getting knocked down hard while talking to the ref is no merit to stop a fight in comparison to over 10 unanswered blows from Ortiz where the doctors have to look at you the next round as opposed to Fury out boxing wilder after the knockdown. On what planet ? Ha

Comment

Working...
                      X