Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eubank Jr. Drops DeGale Twice, Wins Decision in Grudge Match

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoshik View Post
    This says it all. Eubanks will NEVER be elite: Despite DeGale’s age and struggles with injuries during recent years, this win was the biggest of Eubank’s seven-year pro career.
    Eubank Jr likely won't ever be Floyd, but right him off at your own risk.

Not sure how he did it, but Nate Vasquez finally was able to get Jr to buy into a plan.

Work the jab, throw that clean straight behind it, keep the pressure without smothering himself too much, and utilize his natural instinct to dog it out on the inside (with a dynamic and varied attack).

You got to match him carefully (duck Billy Joe Saunders like the plague for at least another 4-5 fights; that out slick style is hell on Earth for Eubank Jr until he builds some real confidence with his jab), but you can build something with him.

Fielding, Sakio Bika, and basically every faded/fading name at 168lbs should now be on the Rolodex; give Vasquez three camps with Eubank and then see what's what (Benevidez, Plant, Uzcategui, Dirrell, Quillin, etc).

Comment

• Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
      After seeing this performance, I'm baffled by the mere fact that Joyce has been mentioning Ortiz name.

It's one thing for prospects with the skills of Teofimo to call out a veteran like Loma but a prospect like Joyce has no business calling out a Ortiz!
      I don't see how his fans can say with a straight face that Ortiz is ducking him.

Comment

• Ugly, ugly card for Showtime. Joyce vs Stiverne was awkward for both parties. B Ware gassed before the Midway point of the 2nd, Joyce looked stiff and couldn't figure out the proper way to take him out. Caught some clean shots in the process.

Degale is beyond shot. No jabs, he lunged in head first and clinched through 12 rounds. Any clean shots looked like he got tased by a stun gun. Legs looked weak too. Eubank won but he looked limited in his performance. I kept thinking how lucky he was not to face Canelo or GGG. Both came off as smug and I couldn't find myself rooting for either fighter.

Comment

• Benavidez or Zurdo will put this clown to sleep!

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
            Degale looked a shadow of his former self.

Eubanks has improved, more patient.
            I told you he would. Easy work. He made Truax look like Mike Tyson I’m just shocked Degale wasn’t knocked out. Well not really because he fought and grabbed simply to not get knocked out

Comment

• Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
              Maaaaaaaannnnn!!! I'm so glad Eubank Jr won!! I'm just not a Degale fan. Hopefully Eubank can build off of this win....... Hopefully lol But for now I'll enjoy the moment lol
              I told you Eubank will win and you were saying Degale. If I lost I would be sending you £20. Now you are happy Eubank won? You have changed your tune. I put £1500 on Eubank so I’m going to collect but probably won’t make it out of the shop because I will probably lose it on roulette machine

Comment

• Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                Al haymon taking over British boxing!
                Please.... but I will say that fight was a great match up. A good night of boxing. No complaints from me

Comment

• Originally posted by 5000boxing View Post
                  Lol.. Eubank still getting hate.. the man just can't win. Smh
                  That’s the very reason I support him because everyone s#hits on him. He should move down to 160. He might surprise a few people because with his rugged style and finally being bigger than most of the fighters his tenacity and work rate might bag him a title although he can easily get his ears boxed of , I’m definitely not ruling that out either. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by TaurusJ27 View Post
                    Awesome uppercut from Eubank.
                    It was like something from a cartoon, he practically dragged his fist on the floor before connecting it, crazy Degale didn't see it. It was a thing of beauty.

I honestly think if he's have concentrated on throwing more of those short sharp uppercuts as he used to do, Degale would have been out cold in the early rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                      Paulie is an awful trainer
                      You don't learn your lessons perfectly; it's Donald Trump's fault..

Comment

Working...
                      X