Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Doing Away With Frustrating Scorecard Draws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This was a good read. I'm not sure which of those solutions I'd pick.

I wonder what woulda happened if Wilder - Fury went to a 13th tie breaker round. I bet Fury woulda won it. Ah well. At least out of this draw we're getting a can't miss second fight.

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
      Tired fighters take progressively worse beatings as the fight progressives, so I can see a legitimate reason for 12 rounds verses 15. As mentioned earlier though if the fight is a draw after 12 rounds, fight a 13th round or even a 14th round if necessary. With a ten point must system of scoring the 13th round should decide the fight.
      They didn’t do 13 for the obvious superstitious factor, same reason you don’t see a 13th floor on elevators.

I’m against an OT round though, as someone who’s boxed in the past, it would be next to impossible to go 12 rounds, then wait the 5-10 minutes for them to announce the draw, and then get the adrenaline and everything ready for another round. You’re done.

Comment

Right....and even the commentators. I actually had Figueroa beating Molina, by a point or two. I didn't see Molina winning. Even though the commentators did. This sorta thing happens way too often.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          They didn’t do 13 for the obvious superstitious factor, same reason you don’t see a 13th floor on elevators.

I’m against an OT round though, as someone who’s boxed in the past, it would be next to impossible to go 12 rounds, then wait the 5-10 minutes for them to announce the draw, and then get the adrenaline and everything ready for another round. You’re done.
          Good point so let them draw straws!

Comment

Originally posted by OldTerry View Post
            Good point so let them draw straws!
            that I'm okay with

Comment

Working...
            X