No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Doing Away With Frustrating Scorecard Draws

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Doing Away With Frustrating Scorecard Draws

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - Every now and then, the tinkering mood just hits. I'm feeling bored, introspective, forward-thinking whatever, and I begin pondering ways in which I can make the things I truly enjoy even better. It struck again over a holiday weekend away from the classroom. For a lot of guys, that'd proba...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Alejandro Rochin
    Adelaide Byrd
    Horn judges vs Pac
    CJ Ross
    And the judges who think Bradley won

Fck these judges

Comment

I've never understood why they went from 15 rounds to 12.

They should've gone to 13 or 11 or something or at least, as you said have a final 13th round in case of draw.

Also, we have so much technology now, why can't they design a computer program that can judge fights?

It couldn't do worse than Adelaide Byrd and CJ Ross.

Or have judges sitting at different parts of the ring so they're not all seeing the same thing.

Or don't announce the judges until the fight of the night. Have a pool of like 20 people who could be judges and then pick 3 at random to be the judges for that particular fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

They should've gone to 13 or 11 or something or at least, as you said have a final 13th round in case of draw.

Also, we have so much technology now, why can't they design a computer program that can judge fights?

Or have judges sitting at different parts of the ring so they're not all seeing the same thing.

Or don't announce the judges until the fight of the night. Have a pool of like 20 people who could be judges and then pick 3 at random to be the judges for that particular fight.
        they do have a pool of judges and guess who picks that pool? the lead promoter! so even if a fighter says we dont want that judge they just go right back into that pool and choose another pre-selected promoter friendly judge. thats why its hysterical when people say ggg "picked" the judges against canelo. canelo literally picked them all. all ggg could do is confirm or deny them but they were all in the same pre selected pool so it didnt matter. maybe not letting the promoter pick and pay the judges is a bigger concern then getting rid of draws hmm

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post

they went from 15 rounds down to 12 for safety reasons and its not just incompetence its straight up corruption with these judges.

Comment

The scoring system works. The problem is corruption and incompetent judges.....and referees.

Comment

we have all seen the corrupt scorecards on pbc recently. fury vs wilder was a definite robbery some say charlo vs harrison was robbery thurman vs lopez had weird scorecards figuerao vs molina had bad scorecards. If I was mikey garcia I would be worried about what happens if mikey legit beats spence and its left in the judges hands.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOOTALLCLOWNS View Post
                they went from 15 rounds down to 12 for safety reasons and its not just incompetence its straight up corruption with these judges.
                That’s just what they say. They went down to 12 rounds so a fight can fit on a one hour television block.

Comment

I've mooted the idea before and I know it ain't popular on here, but I think technology has progressed to the point where genuine crowd / media scoring is a real possibility. The statistical tools to round out outlying picks and minimise or eliminate vote rigging are well understood, and contrary to many on here I have every faith in the ability of your common or garden boxing enthusiast to score a fight well... or at least competently as they see it. Some kind of selection algorithm to weed out those who regularly throw in scores well away from the consensus and use those scorers who have turned in acceptable scores previously could remove the very worst pickers and simple weight of averages could take care of the rest.

This shit is a populist sport, and your average fan shouldn't be told on the regular that in effect he's too dumb to score a fight.

Comment

An odd number of rounds would help break up draws.

Hearns - SRL I was in the 15 round era.

Hearns - SRL II was a 12 round fight.

Although the outcome of Hearns - SRL II was scored a draw because of incompetent or corrupt judges, not because of a close fight. One judge gave SRL a 10-8 round in the 12th, seemingly for no other reason than to make his card a draw. You cant fix stupid/corruption with different rules.

Comment

Working...
                    X