Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets get it straight, Fury didn't duck or owe Wilder a damn thing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    I'm guessing the purse bid should still be on? Probably Fury has some kind of understanding that maybe his very next fight could be on showtime if they lose the purse bid.
    it probably goes to purse bids for real this time if the WBC upholds it, but definitely not at 60-40 wilder. Arum wouldn't allow that to happen. unless wilder signs a bigger deal (which won't happen), wilder is no longer the A side there. if wilder refuses to accept B-side status for an immediate rematch now, fury will just go fight some bum on Espn to prove he's a bigger draw than wilder. either way, smart moves from fury. fair play to him.

Comment

Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
      You know damn well if the roles were reversed you would call him a duck
      Exactly that’s what I’m saying.

Comment

Originally posted by that g View Post
        it probably goes to purse bids for real this time if the WBC upholds it, but definitely not at 60-40 wilder. Arum wouldn't allow that to happen. unless wilder signs a bigger deal (which won't happen), wilder is no longer the A side there. if wilder refuses to accept B-side status for an immediate rematch now, fury will just go fight some bum on Espn to prove he's a bigger draw than wilder. either way, smart moves from fury. fair play to him.
        Definitely possible.

I don't really see how Wilder deserves 60-40 either, but he is still the champion so that has to be taken into consideration. He has something Fury wants or should want. Fury doesn't really have anything Wilder wants other than an undefeated record.

I'd imagine Fury will try to build his profile in the states more without a Wilder fight. He'll probably get paid a ton,

Comment

Originally posted by The tucker View Post
          Exactly that’s what I’m saying.
          If Fury was a free agent like Wilder is do you think he would give a **** what channel it was on? I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            Definitely possible.

I don't really see how Wilder deserves 60-40 either, but he is still the champion so that has to be taken into consideration. He has something Fury wants or should want. Fury doesn't really have anything Wilder wants other than an undefeated record.

I'd imagine Fury will try to build his profile in the states more without a Wilder fight. He'll probably get paid a ton,
            yep... espn made the offer knowing full well all his fights may not come against the actual belt holders. so i think that had to have gotten factored into the deal. espn just wanted a seat at the table, and fury needed some bargaining chips.

Comment

Are Wilder turds actually claiming this?

LOL!

Comment

taking ten times more money is a duck? taking less money and fighting lets pick some random fighters here amir khan and liam smith that would be a duck

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                  He would have been an idiot to walk away from an £80 mil deal. That's not ducking. Wilder cherry picked Fury thinking he wouldn't have much left and then they robbed Fury. He doesn't owe Wilder a thing. Wilder still has a paper belt he shouldn't have.
                  Man you are so right because Fury didn't have shit and wasn't shit until he got down on his hands and knees to crawl and beg Wilder for a shot at his WBC title which Deontay graciously granted.

Wilder didn't need Fury. Fury needed Wilder. At the time Tyson was a nothing and nobody who was virtually forgotten by the boxing public until Deontay Wilder rediscovered him.

The bottom line is Wilder gave this man a gift that he didn't earn. Therefore Deontay doesn't owe him shit either. He's a notorious doper, juicer and drug cheat but Wilder gave him a charity defense at his title anyway.

Now ESPN is throwing all this money at him that no one is going to pay to watch all because of his skin tone. Arum believes this makes him more marketable but this is not the MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                    Man you are so right because Fury didn't have shit and wasn't shit until he got down on his hands and knees to crawl and beg Wilder for a shot at his WBC title which Deontay graciously granted.

Wilder didn't need Fury. Fury needed Wilder. At the time Tyson was a nothing and nobody who was virtually forgotten by the boxing public until Deontay Wilder rediscovered him.

The bottom line is Wilder gave this man a gift that he didn't earn. Therefore Deontay doesn't owe him shit either. He's a notorious doper, juicer and drug cheat but Wilder gave him a charity defense at his title anyway.

Now ESPN is throwing all this money at him that no one is going to pay to watch all because of his skin tone. Arum believes it makes him more marketable but this is not the MMA.
                    Trying to act like Wilder was doing Fury a favour. They thought Fury was finished and wanted to use his so called claim of "lineal" to help further Wilders career. It was a cherry pick, a cherry pick that went wrong. Now Wilder is seen as a paper title holder, rated behind both Joshua and Fury by most.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Trying to act like Wilder was doing Fury a favour. They thought Fury was finished and wanted to use his so called claim of "lineal" to help further Wilders career. It was a cherry pick, a cherry pick that went wrong. Now Wilder is seen as a paper title holder, rated behind both Joshua and Fury by most.
                      Wilder always wanted Joshua all along in order to become the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world. Fury was never on Deontay's radar and you know it clown. When Fury saw how badly Joshua was stiffing Wilder during their negotiations, he stood up to fill in for Anthony Joshua, in order to save Great Britain's face after Anthony Joshua so badly disgraced it and shamed it.

Comment

Working...
                      X