Comments Thread for: Tyson Fury signs ESPN fight deal worth reported £80m

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    So then it isn’t exclusive?

To me, if they are announcing it as exclusive, then they at least to keep the pretence of that for few fightsto make it seem legit.

How would ESPN do a co- promotion with Sho anyways? Like, you can either watch it on Sho for $80 PPV or watch it for free on ESPN? Tough call
    they'll likely concede the broadcast to Shotime for a cut of the revenue.

Comment

It goes to purse bids lets see if Hearns really gonna gamble this is excellent news

Comment

What I don't understand about this move is Why PBC or DAZN didn't move heaven and earth to get Fury

Negotiations between any of the 3 top heavyweights are going to be ass now, none of them is going to be willing to miss out

Comment

I didn't see this coming. It's a good deal for Fury and it guarantees that the big fights ain't happening.

Comment

Just commenting in this thread for when this fight goes the same way as wilder v Joshua and everyones at each others throats.

Comment

Tyson Fury is now #4 ranked by the WBO and his promoter quote

“They (Joshua and Hearn) didn’t want the fight (against Fury). Now we’ve got a bigger platform and they’re going to have to come to us. The game has changed.” -
              Warren

They going to have Fury win 2 fight on ESPN then get to AJ

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                So then it isn’t exclusive?

To me, if they are announcing it as exclusive, then they at least to keep the pretence of that for few fightsto make it seem legit.

How would ESPN do a co- promotion with Sho anyways? Like, you can either watch it on Sho for $80 PPV or watch it for free on ESPN? Tough call
                No, it would be PPV of course. That's why I said co-PPV. For the other two co-PPVs, you had SHO/HBO working together on the broadcast and in production.

Comment

So, what about the most important thing? $80m, for five fights. Is that a lot of money, or not?

Comment

Originally posted by The3 View Post
                    Tyson Fury is now #4 ranked by the WBO and his promoter quote

Warren

They going to have Fury win 2 fight on ESPN then get to AJ
                    I doubt a unification will happen anymore. AJ will only fight on DAZN.

Comment

So can someone fill me in here?

SURELY they addressed the Wilder situation at the press conference?????

Comment

Working...
                      X