No announcement yet.

Comments Thread for: Tyson Fury signs ESPN fight deal worth reported £80m

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Well that's what Fury said a few minutes ago at the presser. I didn't get that myself.
    Your right, it's in this thread's article, "more makeable". Although that does seem a step down from "definitely happening".

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
      Maybe he means that now he has ESPN backing (and an official foothold in the US without PBC) he has leverage to get Wilder to concede to a 50/50 split and no rematch?
      Rematch clause should be there just because he's the champ, but the fight should 100% be 50/50

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
        Maybe he means that now he has ESPN backing (and an official foothold in the US without PBC) he has leverage to get Wilder to concede to a 50/50 split and no rematch?
        Pretty much ^^^. Now he has a major TV network backing of his own. He doesn't have to concede to everything from the other side.

I know it makes everything difficult in terms of getting on champ at HW, but each fighter got to look out for their own best interest.

Fighters are willing to fight anywhere only if it benefits them, lets see if Fury is willing to fight anywhere after this deal.

Comment

Originally posted by jglvz256 View Post
          Your right, it's in this thread's article, "more makeable". Although that does seem a step down from "definitely happening".
          Lol, have just read that now. Didn't even pay attention to it. Still more shocked about the announcement.

Comment

Pretty much ^^^. Now he has a major TV network backing of his own. He doesn't have to concede to everything from the other side.

I know it makes everything difficult in terms of getting on champ at HW, but each fighter got to look out for their own best interest.

Fighters are willing to fight anywhere only if it benefits them, lets see if Fury is willing to fight anywhere after this deal.
            and this hands down becomes the biggest HW fight in (god knows how long) if it's being promoted by Fox as well as ESPN here, and BT as well as ITV over there.

Comment

Lol, have just read that now. Didn't even pay attention to it. Still more shocked about the announcement.
              Sorry, I didn't realize your were actually the OP. I'm still trying to catch up.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                and this hands down becomes the biggest HW fight in (god knows how long) if it's being promoted by Fox as well as ESPN here, and BT as well as ITV over there.
                Yep, 5 fights (£80m). Exposure on both Atlantic.

Comment

Originally posted by jglvz256 View Post
                  we may just be hammering out issues in the english language at this point. Plus, why would I want something to be more marketable if it's not happening?

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                    Exclusive deal is what Crawford has with ESPN but is still able to co-PPV with SHO for say a Spence showdown.
                    So then it isn’t exclusive?

To me, if they are announcing it as exclusive, then they at least to keep the pretence of that for few fightsto make it seem legit.

How would ESPN do a co- promotion with Sho anyways? Like, you can either watch it on Sho for $80 PPV or watch it for free on ESPN? Tough call

Comment

Yep, 5 fights (£80m). Exposure on both Atlantic.
                      So I don't see the issue. Tyson gets his (well deserved) money, and let's be real here...this is Tyson Fury. if he wants a fight to happen, he's not going to allow network BS to get in the way.

Let the 5 hearniacs all jerk off in their own thread about how Wilder/Breazele and Fury/Pulev are going to happen lol

Comment

Working...
                      X