Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford vs. Amir Khan - Ticket Information

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing1013 View Post
    [/B]

Lol I'm not an Amir Khan fan...but how can you say he has 1 win lol.

He is not really relevant now but has good/OK wins over Algieri, Vargas, Alexander, Molina and Collazo.

And really good wins over (Peterson) Judah Maidana Malignaggi and Barrera.

So which was the 1 win you were referring to?
    Your putting out facts. Like I tell people Garcia has never beat the number one fighter in any division he has ever campaigned. Talented fighter but he is a cherry picker. Who here considers Broner or Lipinits top 140 when Prograis, Postol, Taylor, Hooker, etc are there. Who here considered Easter the best at 135 or even a good fighter period. Khan would have beat the **** out of Broner. Broner knew it and Khan knew it that's why Khan was calling for that fight but it never happened because Broner didn't want it.
    Last edited by Mister Wolf; 02-15-2019, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
      Your putting out facts. Like I tell people Garcia has never beat the number one fighter in any division he has ever campaigned. Talented fighter but he is a cherry picker. Who here considers Broner or Lipinits top 140 when Prograis, Postol, Taylor, Hooker, etc are there. Who here considered Easter the best at 135 or even a good fighter period. Khan would have beat the **** out of Broner. Broner knew it and Khan knew it that's why Khan was calling for that fight but it never happened because Broner didn't want it.
      Man it is honestly crazy how many dumb people on here try and lecture about boxing, and argue from a place of intellectual superiority, and then in basically every other post they demonstrate a serious lack of education and/or make outright ridiculous comments that they can easily be called out on.

I personally have never followed Garcia's career much but I have not been impressed with his performances I have seen. Taking a cursory look at his career/resume, he seems to be the typical over-promoted, very carefully matched fighter we see often see, as you suggest. You seem to have done some good research on him and make some very valid points. I think he has been seriously overhyped and I think Spence is the real deal. If they were the same weight I think Spence destroys him. With Mikey coming up in weight I just don't see how this is close at all.

Comment

It's always nice seeing Amir getting KOd. Which should happen.

Comment

[/B]

Lol I'm not an Amir Khan fan...but how can you say he has 1 win lol.

He is not really relevant now but has good/OK wins over Algieri, Vargas, Alexander, Molina and Collazo.

And really good wins over (Peterson) Judah Maidana Malignaggi and Barrera.

So which was the 1 win you were referring to?
          I didn't say he had 1 win, I said he had 1 valid win which means a win vs someone who's elite and was considered to be elite at the time that khan fought them. So in my opinion, that only leaves maidana. The only other names that could have been considered elite at some point in their careers were Judah and Barrera, but that wasn't the case when Khan fought them. Especially in the case of barrera. That was a lame attempt to try and gain credibility off of a name that was clearly past his prime and undersized for the weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
            I didn't say he had 1 win, I said he had 1 valid win which means a win vs someone who's elite and was considered to be elite at the time that khan fought them. So in my opinion, that only leaves maidana. The only other names that could have been considered elite at some point in their careers were Judah and Barrera, but that wasn't the case when Khan fought them. Especially in the case of barrera. That was a lame attempt to try and gain credibility off of a name that was clearly past his prime and undersized for the weight class.
            Serious question - how many guys have even one win over a prime elite fighter?

Someone like Canelo has a pretty strong resume compared to current fighters but can you name one prime elite fighter he has beaten? Rarely does an elite guy lose in his prime, that's what makes him special. I agree that most of Khan's good work was done a long time ago but he actually has a pretty impressive resume when you look at it. Zab had just won a few fights in a row and had beaten Matthyse before that fight and Khan KOd him, something Danny Garcia couldn't do a few fights later.

EDIT - I would give Canelo credit for beating a prime Lara (I thought Canelo won 7-5) but other than that I don't see any prime elite guys. Especially since I thought he lost 2 times to GGG.

Khan hasn't been relevant for a while and I don't know what he has left...I don't think he has a 50% chance of lasting 12 rounds vs Crawford but he definitely has a better chance against Crawford than Mikey does against Spence. I think Mikey has a 1% chance of going 12 with Spence.

Comment

" It’s a short flight for my fans from the United Kingdom, and they will be coming over in droves to see this fantastic fight" I'm really going to have to assess the intelligence of UK boxing fans if they are actually fans of khan and even more so if they'd actually purchase an international flight to watch him fight.
              He doesnt have a UK fanbase apart from the Muslim community

Comment

Serious question - how many guys have even one win over a prime elite fighter?

Someone like Canelo has a pretty strong resume compared to current fighters but can you name one prime elite fighter he has beaten? Rarely does an elite guy lose in his prime, that's what makes him special. I agree that most of Khan's good work was done a long time ago but he actually has a pretty impressive resume when you look at it. Zab had just won a few fights in a row and had beaten Matthyse before that fight and Khan KOd him, something Danny Garcia couldn't do a few fights later.

EDIT - I would give Canelo credit for beating a prime Lara (I thought Canelo won 7-5) but other than that I don't see any prime elite guys. Especially since I thought he lost 2 times to GGG.

Khan hasn't been relevant for a while and I don't know what he has left...I don't think he has a 50% chance of lasting 12 rounds vs Crawford but he definitely has a better chance against Crawford than Mikey does against Spence. I think Mikey has a 1% chance of going 12 with Spence.
                Well you're asking the wrong guy about Canelo, lol, I think he lost to lara, and ggg twice. I also think the knock down was the only reason he should've gotten a decision over trout. I also think he barely edged cotto. As far as other fighters with more than 1 elite name on their resume, I'd obviously say pac and Floyd have several. I think Thurman has 2 with garcia and porter. I think ward had a few with kovalev and froch as examples. The issue with khan moreso is the amount of time that has past since he has done anything worth caring about. He spent too much time begging for fights and not enough time earning his spot.

Comment

Well you're asking the wrong guy about Canelo, lol, I think he lost to lara, and ggg twice. I also think the knock down was the only reason he should've gotten a decision over trout. I also think he barely edged cotto. As far as other fighters with more than 1 elite name on their resume, I'd obviously say pac and Floyd have several. I think Thurman has 2 with garcia and porter. I think ward had a few with kovalev and froch as examples. The issue with khan moreso is the amount of time that has past since he has done anything worth caring about. He spent too much time begging for fights and not enough time earning his spot.
                  Bro...Garcia and Porter...come on we said elite lol. If grinding out decisions against Garcia and Porter are elite then (KOing) Malignaggi and Judah definitely were.

My point with Canelo was that he has a lot of good names on his resume but as far as elite guys in their prime very few if any.

I think Floyd was probably the best boxer of the last 15 years...but the last time he faced a great or elite guy in his prime (at his proper weight) was Baldomir in 2006. And before that Castillo in 2002.

Comment

Bro...Garcia and Porter...come on we said elite lol. If grinding out decisions against Garcia and Porter are elite then (KOing) Malignaggi and Judah definitely were.

My point with Canelo was that he has a lot of good names on his resume but as far as elite guys in their prime very few if any.

I think Floyd was probably the best boxer of the last 15 years...but the last time he faced a great or elite guy in his prime (at his proper weight) was Baldomir in 2006. And before that Castillo in 2002.
                    garcia and porter are significantly better than what Judah and Paulie were when Khan fought them. Paulie and Zab had already been beaten and stopped when Khan fought them. Not so for garcia or porter (other than porters close loss to brook). Floyd beat maidana at his best weight and in his prime and he was a better fighter under Garcia than he was before.

Comment

garcia and porter are significantly better than what Judah and Paulie were when Khan fought them. Paulie and Zab had already been beaten and stopped when Khan fought them. Not so for garcia or porter (other than porters close loss to brook). Floyd beat maidana at his best weight and in his prime and he was a better fighter under Garcia than he was before.
                      Man saying that Garcia and Porter are elite, and much better than Judah or Paulie (even at that time), pfp, is a ridiculous statement lol.

But not even the most ridiculous statement in that paragraph - you can argue Maidana was in his prime...he did retire right after those fights but he was only 30/31 so he probably retired to count his money.

But if you are saying Maidana was better at 147 than 140 then you are cuckoo

Comment

Working...
                      X