Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: Lomachenko Faced Smaller Guys More Than Once

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    The fans demanded the fight when Loma was at 126 and Rigo at 122, not after Loma went up to 130. Just like the fans demanded the Waters fight be next before the shenanignas from Bob that delayed the fight 11 months.

Loma is a great boxer. he doesn't get any worse nor does it take away from any win if you are honest about the context the fights took place in.
    Well said! This entire thread reminds me of the stuff people used to post about Roy Jones Jr. It doesn't matter who he faced they were either not good enough or something. Then people even wanted RJJ to fight Wlad K. LOL!!

We often forget that the big names we want to see face off are fighting in this era. Boxers are finally realizing that they need to look at the business side and not just the legacy they'll leave behind. If top prospects don't face each other before they get their first belt or start generating hype, don't hold your breath cause from there it's about protecting the investment and maximizing the return. Floyd vs Manny is the ultimate example, but there are match-ups that never happened like Ward vs GGG or some that may never happen like Ortiz vs Joshua. They all start off saying the best needs to fight the best, but little taste of money and the arguments change to he's not a big enough name / he doesn't put people in seats.

Sorry got derailed and now this reads like a disjointed rant... My point was that talents like Tank,
    Loma, GGG, Canelo, Usyk,
    Crawford, M. Garcia etc. will never get a fair shake.
    Last edited by Deleted; 02-06-2019, 02:06 PM.

Comment

its true he has, he has also faced really good fighters. you haven't

Comment

Gervonti Davis

Gee, this guy did it, so that makes it okay for me to do it. No, moron, it does not.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          its true he has, he has also faced really good fighters. you haven't
          He actually beat a guy that Loma just beat in a very good fight when that guy was undefeated.

Comment

How can Tank fight someone his own size on short notice? He trained to fight a smaller guy, so the smaller the better. It would be insane to pick on someone bigger than him, that might take some courage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              Was Loma a weight bully at featherweight and super featherweight? Did you know that Davis came in at 129 for his last fight? Seems like more of an indication that he was unprofessional in 2017 and not that he struggles to make 130 but only stays to avoid Loma.

For the record, I do hope that Loma and Davis meet one day at 135 after Davis has established that he's head and shoulders above everyone at 130 and Loma deals with Mikey if Mikey comes back to 35.
              I've got Berchelt > Tank at 130

Comment

Originally posted by Since1976 View Post
                Well said! This entire thread reminds me of the stuff people used to post about Roy Jones Jr. It doesn't matter who he faced they were either not good enough or something. Then people even wanted RJJ to fight Wlad K. LOL!!

We often forget that the big names we want to see face off are fighting in this era. Boxers are finally realizing that they need to look at the business side and not just the legacy they'll leave behind. If top prospects don't face each other before they get their first belt or start generating hype, don't hold your breath cause from there it's about protecting the investment and maximizing the return. Floyd vs Manny is the ultimate example, but there are match-ups that never happened like Ward vs GGG or some that may never happen like Ortiz vs Joshua. They all start off saying the best needs to fight the best, but little taste of money and the arguments change to he's not a big enough name / he doesn't put people in seats.

Sorry got derailed and now this reads like a disjointed rant... My point was that talents like Tank,
                Loma, GGG, Canelo, Usyk,
                Crawford, M. Garcia etc. will never get a fair shake.
                Only time I ever heard people say RJJ should fight Wlad was when he beat Ruiz for the WBA (and rightfully so)

Nobody was calling for RJJ to fight Wlad when he was at 175

Comment

The IQ of a Pop Tart.

Comment

2-time Olympic champion and lineal Rigondeaux King of Defence and Marriaga?
                    Wasn't Marriaga happening after Loma beat WBA regular champion Sosa and was ducked by all other champions including Needs Time Davis The "Why'd Mayweather told he want me fight Loma?" himself? Dumbest boxer ever to mention Loma here, ha-ha!

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                    Wasn't Marriago coming up in weight and coming off a loss?

Comment

Look at Davis' joke resume since pedraza fight

And Loma jus fought bigger guy in Linares

Davis ducked Loma despite his own promoter wanting Davis to fight him so he has no good ground to diss him

Comment

Working...
                      X