Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: Lomachenko Faced Smaller Guys More Than Once

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    he is correct in that Loma beat Rigo when many expressed they thought Loma would win. My only beef is why pretend people called for the fight when it happened when thay didn't.

They wanted the fight much earlier when Rigo had a chance to win.
    Rigo never had a chance of beating lomachenko. Did you watch the fight? A year or some earlier would've been the exact same result

I'm just going to call it like it is. Loma dominated rigo, albeit a smaller fighter. but still a world class possible P4P opponent. while davis has yet to fight against an opponent half as good as that small rigo.

Davis isn't very good. i think you know that he will be exposed if he moves up/ and or fights a decent opponent.

Comment

Not in the same way. Arum crafted a deal he knew would get rejected. Then Rigo had no real options. Loma gets all credit for the win but just be honest about how it all went down.

Same with walters. Loma gets all credit, but the fight, same as Rigo, occurred well after it was the "hot" fight we all wanted.
      Crafted a deal? It was a great offer and Loma even offered to bet part of his purse. It's really reaching suggesting that fight was crafted that way. It would be like saying Arum made a Mayweather-Corrales fight at a time they knew Chico could barely make 130 and had a prison sentencing distracting him.

The Rigo deal and offer was great too. I doubt they'd think such a great offer would get rejected by a guy making 10x less for small-time fights in Japan and England off US TV.

The fights ended up being whitewashes and a lot of folks got their predictions wrong. Check the fight threads. Maybe if they were remotely competitive there might be some argument but still not. Neither guy even won an exchange or as much as 10 seconds of either fight. But to compare either opponent with Ruiz, Macias or Cuellar is asinine.

Comment

No one can complain about this opponent. It's a replacement guy so his training camp doesn't go to waste. Tank can't control Mares having his retina detached

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
          Crafted a deal? It was a great offer and Loma even offered to bet part of his purse. It's really reaching suggesting that fight was crafted that way. It would be like saying Arum made a Mayweather-Corrales fight at a time they knew Chico could barely make 130 and had a prison sentencing distracting him.

The Rigo deal and offer was great too. I doubt they'd think such a great offer would get rejected by a guy making 10x less for small-time fights in Japan and England off US TV.

The fights ended up being whitewashes and a lot of folks got their predictions wrong. Check the fight threads. Maybe if they were remotely competitive there might be some argument but still not. Neither guy even won an exchange or as much as 10 seconds of either fight. But to compare either opponent with Ruiz, Macias or Cuellar is asinine.
          You know that fighters don't take fights if options are mandated after. Come on dude.

Loma gets all credit. Admitting the circumstances these fights took place, same as you've done in other circumstances, doesn't take anything away from Loma or the wins.

Comment

Lmao at all these hypocritical loma fans,contradicting everything they constantly say about other far more distinguished fighters whenever its their overrated hypejob Lomachenko who has still yet to face a truly elite opponent his size yet is coronated p4p by racist good old boys like Atlas after 5 fights.

no matter how much his fans say otherwise Loma is taller than Mikey with a longer reach,& he fought at 135 lb equivalent entire time he was in Olympic's,So hes a natural 135 lb fighter at least,meaning (obviously) hes the weight bully being protected by Arum & his Wbo puppets who match him against c levels like Linares(his best win,who I DO give him credit for because he was a "champ",but hes ALWAYS been the typical south am level with glass jaw) then they claim hes the next Ali & continue matching him with fighters other fighters would be crucified facing(crucified by his same fans defending him)

Linares is a good win only because he was paper champ & slightly bigger than loma. But the rest were overmatched & not elite(unproven or undersized & coming off beatings at lower weights)
            Last edited by kushking; 02-06-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sugarsmosley_ View Post
              Rigo never had a chance of beating lomachenko. Did you watch the fight? A year or some earlier would've been the exact same result

I'm just going to call it like it is. Loma dominated rigo, albeit a smaller fighter. but still a world class possible P4P opponent. while davis has yet to fight against an opponent half as good as that small rigo.

Davis isn't very good. i think you know that he will be exposed if he moves up/ and or fights a decent opponent.
              Maybe, maybe not. Loma won and gets full credit but just don't act like when he went to 130, people still wanted to see him fight 122lb Rigo as much as they did when Loma was a FW.

You can have whatever opinion you wish. If these fights occur and Davis wins, please don't make retro excuses.

But all this is extra. Davis point about Loma fighting and beating smaller guys is 100% factual. Whether you like Davis, hate him, think he is great or think he sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                Lmao at all these hypocritical loma fans,contradicting everything they constantly say about other far more distinguished fighters whenever its their overrated hypejob Lomachenko who has still yet to face a truly elite opponent his size yet is coronated p4p by racist good old boys like Atlas.
                im very curious to hear your opinion. who are the far more distinguished fighters than lomachenko and what guys have they beaten? i want to know

Comment

Not in the same way. Arum crafted a deal he knew would get rejected. Then Rigo had no real options. Loma gets all credit for the win but just be honest about how it all went down.

Same with walters. Loma gets all credit, but the fight, same as Rigo, occurred well after it was the "hot" fight we all wanted.
                  Just a note here. Arum is the only person walking the entire planet that has ever payed Rigo at or above 400K and he did it twice. The highest paycheck Rigo had earned outside of that was 120K which is a little over 25% of Rigo's fight with Lom, not to mention the earnings from the Donaire fight. Rigo should have a shrine of Arum made because Rigo probably drives in cars, lives in a place, and wears clothes he wouldn't be able to afford without Arum. I still dont like how Arum dumped Rigo but it is what it is. But even after that, Arum still got Rigo his second highest paycheck in his life.

Comment

The fans demanded the fight when Loma was at 126 and Rigo at 122, not after Loma went up to 130. Just like the fans demanded the Waters fight be next before the shenanignas from Bob that delayed the fight 11 months.

Loma is a great boxer. he doesn't get any worse nor does it take away from any win if you are honest about the context the fights took place in.
                    Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
                    lmaooooooo I thought I was the only one who noticed that too. There’s always double standards for Arum and his fighters
                    Remember when Rigo was the one who passed up on the fight @ 126? The fans didn't demand **** about this fight. I myself said many times before it was a mismatch, and that Walters himself would have beaten Rigo. Lomachenko tried making the fight at 126, Rigo passed up on it. That's a fact.

The same people who claimed Lomachenko was ducking Rigo never said anything about Rigo on the fight 2 years prior when it was offered at 126 lbs and Rigo passed up on it. Of course, we know the same people who said Lomachenko was ducking Rigo are the same ones to quickly change their tune to, "weight bully doe" when the fight was over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgfb...=youtu.be&t=48

Interviewer: "He was in camp and you pulled out."

Rigo: "At what weight."

Interviewer: "126 lbs."

Rigo: "What division am I in?"

Rigo: "122 lbs. We're not the same weight."

Remember the amount of flack and negativity Lomachenko received when Rigo started calling out Lomachenko to fight, a few years after said video? You could go back on his instagram and see the massive negative comments towards Loma, about ducking Rigo, about cherry picking, etc.--- when the fact was, it was Rigo who passed out on the fight, originally. If you don't think that's relevant, you're mistaken. Fighters do read their social media, and do get irritated. Guys like Canelo, Danny Garcia, and even Lomachenko react to the constant barrage (and it's not a little).

You wanted context? Well, you got it. You can't dispute the video, especially when it's coming directly from Rigo himself.

Double standards, doe (LOL).
                    Last edited by UNBIASED BOXING; 02-06-2019, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                      Lmao at all these hypocritical loma fans,contradicting everything they constantly say about other far more distinguished fighters whenever its their overrated hypejob Lomachenko who has still yet to face a truly elite opponent his size yet is coronated p4p by racist good old boys like Atlas.

no matter how much his fans say otherwise Loma is taller than Mikey with a longer reach,& he fought at 135 lb equivalent entire time he was in Olympic's,So hes a natural 135 lb fighter at least,meaning (obviously) hes the weight bully being protected by Arum & his Wbo puppets who match him against c levels like Linares(his best win,who I DO give him credit for because he was a "champ",but hes ALWAYS been the typical south am level with glass jaw) then claim hes the next Ali.
                      Lightweight amateur boxing is 132 lbs and it's same day weigh-in's. That's a huge difference from 135 day before weigh-in. He also only moved to that division for a bigger challenge since he'd won at 125 same day weigh-ins and largely competed there even up until the 2012 games.

Loma isn't bigger than Mikey. Not sure those measurements are accurate and also Mikey is a lot thicker built. That's like saying Celestino Caballero was bigger than Dwight Muhammad Qawi or Mike Tyson, even.

Atlas isn't the only one who has Loma as p4p #1. I doubt ALL of the voters are TBRB, BWAA, ESPN, Ring are white nor is Errol Spence who admitted Lomachenko is his #1 p4p. Is Spence racist too?
                      Last edited by chrisJS; 02-06-2019, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X