No announcement yet.

Teofimo Lopez vs Haney

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teofimo Lopez vs Haney

Im just alot more impressed by Lopez. I havent seen Haney do anything extraordinary.

Who has more potential in your opinion?

Haney outboxed him in sparring and I believe him

Lopez has more power, more knockouts, is mexican-american and has ESPN so he has more hype around him

He wants Loma this year and I suspect he's gonna lose every round but close. He has enough power and speed in his punches to keep fighters honest but he was struggling to land at times when mag was moving a bit.

Comment

Teofimo was talking greasy but couldn't maintain that energy when Haney was around.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        Haney outboxed him in sparring and I believe him

Lopez has more power, more knockouts, is mexican-american and has ESPN so he has more hype around him

He wants Loma this year and I suspect he's gonna lose every round but close. He has enough power and speed in his punches to keep fighters honest but he was struggling to land at times when mag was moving a bit.

LOL stop, he's Honduran-American, completely different country and culture. Not every spanish speaking or latin guy is Mexican by default.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
          LOL stop, he's Honduran-American, completely different country and culture. Not every spanish speaking or latin guy is Mexican by default.
          Ok

I stand corrected

Latino

Latino fighters have bigger fanbases, bigger hype because Latino people are big boxing fans

Comment

Haney is veeery skilled but very boring. Teofimo has the right idea and understands the politics and entertainment value and fights accordingly.

I’m not sure if Lopez would beat him though. Could come down to a styles thing where Haney doesn’t take the risks and out works Teofimo to a decision. But maybe Teofimo does to him what he’s done to everyone else and really is that accurate and effective.

Comment

Both look very promising.

Prefer Teofimo myself.

Comment

Haney fights with his mouth open too much. He's gonna get KO'd when he steps up.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                  He speaks spanish and is from a country under America and to the mexican and spanish audience that's all that matters. Mexicans will root for a hispanic fighter over any other fighter that isn't from that area.

Comment

Haney is a spoiler for a guy like Lopez. He controls the distance, has a longer reach and can match his speed.

Comment

Working...
                    X