Collapse
No announcement yet.

floyd and golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

still pretending that ggg ducked ward? wow that was great propaganda on wards part. have to give him credit.

lets go over it oneeee more time for the tribalists.

ggg attempted to fight ward at 168. ward said no. years passed and ward was dead silent about fighting ggg while trying to fight guys like sartison, periban, shot pavlik, and fighting guys like edwin rodrguez and paul smith. disproves the ggg only wanted ward when he was on the shelf argument that some try to use. he was actively fighting and trying to fight what are commonly known as bums.

then in 2015 after his popularity had plummeted and he had been kicked off hbo he comes to ggg with an offer. the offer was 50-50(laughable), roc nation would be lead promoter(meaning ward would pick the judges as usual), and most lolworthy is it was a 2 fight deal where they would fight in 2016. a 2 fight deal while ggg was wbc mandatory and waiting for that super fight on a fight by fight basis. deal dead immediately. ward knew it. if he wanted the ggg fight he would have offered him a 1 fight deal when they were both available. he didnt.

everyone in boxing knew ggg was in line to fight cotto next(cotto canelo were in talks and it seemed likekly they would fight in 2015) or the cotto-canelo winner next in 2016. why would he preemptively postpone any of those fights and lock himself into a 2 fight deal with ward?

every promoter would reject it which they did. then when they rejected it ward comes out with his "They rejected it in 36 minutes!" spin. yeah because it was so crappy it wasnt worth their time! you knew they werent going to fight you instead of cotto/canelo ya goof!

now its time to go on the offensive. ask yourself these questions. why didnt ward simply offer a 1 fight deal to ggg? thats the way most fights are made hmmm if ward wanted to fight why did he need another tune up first after just having a tune up vs paul smith? hmmm

so please do your research and stop repeating falsehoods on the basis of your tribalism. not everyone is as easily fooled as you. you can't wish a duck into existence. you have to actually use your brain sometimes. i know it hurts.

Comment

When I saw how easy Canelo made Golovkin miss with his feignts and subtle head movement, I'm convinced Mayweather would easily outpoint Golovkin at 154. When I saw how Jacobs was able to turn Golovkin and walked him into shots I'm again convinced Mayweather would easily outpoint Golovkin at 154. Yes, there would've been some scary moments for Mayweather... About as scary as the few instances in the Pacquiao match but Mayweather would win. Mayweather is a much better boxer than Golovkin. I would even give Canelo the edge in boxing skills above Golovkin. This would be another Mayweather fight that some people would complain that he ran all night knowing that he really won but that's the sure fire excuse to use when they get it wrong.

Comment

just because your favorite fighters ducked the best fights doenst mean other fighters do it. floyd ducked marg, prime cotto, and pac. all guys actually in his division. ggg didnt duck any top guys in his division. he just fought 3 of the top 4 and the other guy he was signed to fight if the canelo fight didnt happen. sometimes you just get a dud who doesnt want to fight. yo know you dont have to be a fan of said dud

Comment

--- Golovkin had a standing offer to meet Tue 50-0 at 154 Lbs.

The poor dear was so terrified that he wouldn't even mention golovkin name much less fight him.

Billy Shakes once told us a sissy by any other name is still a sissy. Sissy fans like sissy fighters like TUE. It's really ok. We understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            very convenient that golovkin said "yes" when he knew ward was sidelined...lol...its not like wards issues were hidden behind closed doors....everyone knew his situation....but the minute ward was able to fight it became "oh i wanna do something else"...which was brook and wade lol

and uhh...loeffler said many times that if golovkin went to 168 it would be a one off....he was ready to sign for chavez...in fact iirc he actually signed his name to a contract....and he pursued froch....do u think if one of those fights had gone through he would have never returned to MW or tried to get canelo? of course he would have....loeffler said many times they would go back to MW if they went to 168 and it would be a one off
            Dude. Why even ask **** when you already have a f ucking agenda and rebuttles to everything?

Please help keep understand you say, but you already know it all dont you?

Like i said. Let's be honest with ourselves. Honestly, you hate GGG for no apparent reason and regardless of anything anyone will say you arent gonna change your mind. So why dont you help yourself and not start dumb ass threads asking people to help you understand something you clearly dont want to.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              ive always been perplexed about this...so help me out...help me understand

Floyd has said a few times "everybody has limits..i know mine...160 is too high I wont fight there"

so how come Floyd was called all kinds of names and called "scared" when he didn't want to take on a career 160 guy even if the fight would have been at 154?

I know Floyd is in his own stratosphere...but how come the golovkin guy wouldn't do 154 for arguably the 2nd biggest name in the sport in canelo? or even cotto who is very well known and one of the bigger names at the time?

so Floyd says no way to fighting 160 guys....but golovkin says hell fight him at 154....but wont fight canelo or cotto there...strange

yet somehow when a featherfisted 168 guy challenged golovkin every excuse was made for golovkin to avoid that fight...despite the fact that golovkin talked about 168 incessantly and even put his name to paper to fight a guy there? "cant duck a guy not in your division".....but Floyd was constantly called "Scared" and a "cherrypicking poosy"..

so weird....my best guess in fanboyism...anyone else have any other theories at this absurd display of double standard?
              It’s becasue between 140-160 there are 4 weight classes and between 160-175 it’s only 3 and the size and weight advantage is significant.
              I said it many times Floyd vs GGG was a joke no need for Floyd to go up that high and ggg should have fought wars taken his loss and move back down. Look at how good canelo loss to Floyd did him. Great learning experience

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                still pretending that ggg ducked ward? wow that was great propaganda on wards part. have to give him credit.

ggg attempted to fight ward at 168. ward said no. years passed and ward was dead silent about fighting ggg while trying to fight guys like sartison, periban, shot pavlik, and fighting guys like edwin rodrguez and paul smith. disproves the ggg only wanted ward when he was on the shelf argument that some try to use. he was actively fighting and trying to fight what are commonly known as bums.

then in 2015 after his popularity had plummeted and he had been kicked off hbo he comes to ggg with an offer. the offer was 50-50(laughable), roc nation would be lead promoter(meaning ward would pick the judges as usual), and most lolworthy is it was a 2 fight deal where they would fight in 2016. a 2 fight deal while ggg was wbc mandatory and waiting for that super fight on a fight by fight basis. deal dead immediately. ward knew it. if he wanted the ggg fight he would have offered him a 1 fight deal when they were both available. he didnt.

everyone in boxing knew ggg was in line to fight cotto next(cotto canelo were in talks and it seemed likekly they would fight in 2015) or the cotto-canelo winner next in 2016. why would he preemptively postpone any of those fights and lock himself into a 2 fight deal with ward?

every promoter would reject it which they did. then when they rejected it ward comes out with his "They rejected it in 36 minutes!" spin. yeah because it was so crappy it wasnt worth their time! you knew they werent going to fight you instead of cotto/canelo ya goof!

now its time to go on the offensive. ask yourself these questions. why didnt ward simply offer a 1 fight deal to ggg? thats the way most fights are made hmmm if ward wanted to fight why did he need another tune up first after just having a tune up vs paul smith? hmmm

so please do your research and stop repeating falsehoods on the basis of your tribalism. not everyone is as easily fooled as you. you can't wish a duck into existence. you have to actually use your brain sometimes. i know it hurts.
                Yeah this is how I remember it. I’m not going to say there was much “ducking” going on but Ward wasn’t trying to make the fight that’s for sure.

The timing wasn’t great. I guess it could have happened when HBO asked them both (when GGG had limited options) and he said yes and Ward said he couldn’t at the time. I guess that’s the closest it could have been and had Ward forced it maybe he could have gotten it but LOL at 50/50, his promoter, multiple fights and saying they can’t make 164 but they can make 154 for Floyd. GGG gets criticized for saying he can make 154 for Floyd which is 6 lbs, Ward could drop 14 lbs for Floyd but not 4 lbs for GGG. If you are going to critize GGG for that you have to critize Ward because 14 is a larger number than 4 and 14 lbs is also more weight than 4lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lopez_Boxing View Post
                  Floyd wasn't in his prime though. In fact, far from it. Comparing Floyd to Floyd he hasn't been great at 147 and looked worse any time he added the weight to fight over 147.
                  Smart post. Nicely put. Green K!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

The bold.

Comment

Originally posted by DaFan View Post
                      Smart post. Nicely put. Green K!
                      Appreciate it partner. Rescept

Comment

Working...
                      X