Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say you could pick Broner a new trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****ing' just start punching you idiot!

Punch 50 times a round fool

Comment

Teddy Atlas! I think Teddy would be brutally honest with him and tell him is biggest problem, probably the only one that would be honestly with him...

Teddy knows what his problem is and now looking back on this video he nailed it...MENTAL! AB have to get right mentally to be a good fighter. Maybe a Sports Psychologist or something? I don't think he will ever live up to the expectations he once had that is done but he could potentially become world champion again BUT for whatever reason he just cannot let his hands go and he literally has 2 Punches (Left Hook, Straight Right...Repeat All Fight). No Jab, No Uppercuts, No Inside Game, No Body Work. Does have a excellent CHIN though I will give him that which makes it even more confusing as to why exactly this guy doesn't let his hands go when he has a GREAT CHIN

Comment

He would be crap under any trainer why do u guys find it so hard to believe that he was never some super talent. Every time we get 'he needs a new trainer' when he loses. Why dont other C level fighters just get a new trainer and become world beaters too?

Comment

... What it comes down to is people wont just admit they hyped the wrong guy. Easier to act as if there eye test was correct and he 'just wasted his talent' coincidentally when he started fighting better opposition. Hes shown no special quality agaisnt anyone half decent

Comment

There is an old saw in martial arts: "No matter how good your teacher is, when you are in the mix, he cannot fight for you."

Broner cannot get off his punches at the world class level. They will make excuses for him perpetually but it is a flaw. hes tried, I believe he has... he was in good shape, but unfortunately he cannot throw enough punches, or generate enough power to win at a weight he can fight at now.

Comment

Originally posted by Idunnoshet View Post
              So it's Ann Wolfe's fault Kirkland's career ended up like it did ?
              Kirkland has 2 losses . One to Ishida which i blame on Kirkland's Iffy chin . The other loss was in a million dollar fight against Canelo ( who'd I'd label as a pretty good fighter ) .

Plus . Anne Wolfe would run camp like a drill sergeant . Spitting in your face while screaming that you need to work harder .
              Trainers get all the credit when things go right and it's the fighters fault when things go wrong ? I think Kirkland would have done better with a trainer who didn't put so much emphasis in camps. Has Anne trained anyone else, including herself, with any success ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                Ann Wolfe.
                Broner would try and smash and end up getting KOd.

Comment

what about buboy fernandez?

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
                    I'd have him go with somebody like Freddy Roach or Joe Goossen, i.e. an offensive-minded coach. Broner is good defensively, he just needs more offence. He also needs somebody who won't take his nonsense. Somebody who will be straight up and honest. He doesn't need another yes-man telling him he's winning rounds when he isn't.

Once upon a time Broner used to have good offence, but then he started trying to copy Mayweather's style, boxing defensively with the shoulder roll and trying to potshot his way to victory. The problem with that is that it only works if you win the rounds clearly, i.e. making the guy miss and countering him with flush, attention-grabbing punches. That's the difference between him and Mayweather, and that's what he doesn't seem to grasp as to why he doesn't get the same results when the scorecards are read out.
                    This. I was going to say an offensive minded coach too. Roach would be good or maybe Robert Garcia. If Broner had a lot higher punch output I think he would have for sure beat Vargas & had a much higher chance against a 40 year old Pacquiao.

Comment

--- Picking a new trainer is easy.

Huggies have big boy sizes and don't show how Boner shat hisself. He could be a contenda!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X