Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Don't Be Surprised if Joshua is on DAZN in the US in June

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
    one more thing, DAZN will cover the cost of AJ’s money if he fight in USA but in U.K. he relies on sky ppv and nobody will buy a 4am fight vs Miller and a U.K. ppv/stadium might be disappointing so Miller is a nice low risk cash grab that also ticks the ‘he fights in USA’ box.
    People will absolutely watch AJ/Miller at 4 am. That fight will still be on Sky Box Office, unless Hearn has said otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Do you know what a mandatory challenger is?
      Mandatory challenge is only as important as the mandatory challenger! Sometimes dropping belts is a better option! Loma had plans to fight Commey vs. Chaniev winner. Arum already had it done with ESPN+. Now WBA tells him Loma has to fight Crolla. I don't think Arum is happy, and he has made comments about the problems the ABC guys cause. Let's see how that plays out! I'll be watching you!

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
        Canelo and Cotto are future Hall of Famers! So is Ward!
        It makes sense to drop a belt to get a fight with any one of those three...
        Why the fucc would anyone drop a belt to fight Luis Ortiz?? What has he done to justify dropping a belt to fight him??
        Are you fuccing ******???
        I guess so. I guess I have a very different perspective on the type of talent Luis Ortiz is. I'm done defending him because it's obviously only me that sees him that way! Then again, I see Lara and Rigo the same, so maybe I'm just biased regarding Cuban fighters? WAR UGAS!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          I give up defending Ortiz. His reputation was high, mostly because Hearn hyped him up, just like he does Joshua! The only point i'm making is MatchRoom lost Ortiz because of Joshua. They're risking Whyte because of Joshua! I would hope they wouldn't make the same mistakes with Miller and Usyk! It's called MatchRoom, not Joshua!
          I already explained to you .. Matchroom lost Ortiz because he decided to fight Wilder instead of waiting for his shot at AJ. And it was no great loss, tbh. Ortiz is as dull as mud and living on borrowed time as a fighter.

Neither Whyte, Miller or Usyk have any issues with Hearn. They all spoke very highly of him in recent interviews.

I know there is an agenda among a certain clique of US fans to portray Hearn as the most distrusted and disliked figure in boxing .. making bad mistakes and taking L's every day, etc. But that is a million miles away from the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            yeah but joshua is matchrooms prime asset....they will do whatever it takes to preserve it
            I guess. That's high risk! Maybe that's why Fury didn't accept the offer either? I think Hearn needs to make Whyte a priority just like Joshua. He doesn't need both Fury and Whyte stealing Joshua's shine in the UK! I would make sure Dillian gets Usyk or Miller, for more than what he made for Chisora, at the minimum! Honestly, if Whyte (Jamaican) fought Miller (Brooklyn) in @ MSG, it would be, as the Yardies say MASSIVE!

Comment

Mandatory challenge is only as important as the mandatory challenger! Sometimes dropping belts is a better option! Loma had plans to fight Commey vs. Chaniev winner. Arum already had it done with ESPN+. Now WBA tells him Loma has to fight Crolla. I don't think Arum is happy, and he has made comments about the problems the ABC guys cause. Let's see how that plays out! I'll be watching you!
              No - a mandatory challenger is as important as the title is to the man holding it!

If the WBA title is that important to Loma he will fight his mando. If it isn't, he won't. It's his decision to make, and nobody else's.

Comment

I already explained to you .. Matchroom lost Ortiz because he decided to fight Wilder instead of waiting for his shot at AJ. And it was no great loss, tbh. Ortiz is as dull as mud and living on borrowed time as a fighter.

Neither Whyte, Miller or Usyk have any issues with Hearn. They all spoke very highly of him in recent interviews.

I know there is an agenda among a certain clique of US fans to portray Hearn as the most distrusted and disliked figure in boxing .. making bad mistakes and taking L's every day, etc. But that is a million miles away from the truth.
                Hearn has made major mistakes, but all promoters do, and he's still learning, and he's very young in the game! I just don't think, and obviously you do, that you sacrifice Ortiz, Whyte, Miller, and Usyk, if all of them have a problem with Joshua! I just imagine the optics of Ortiz leaving, fighting Wilder. Tyson Fury rejecting your offer, and fighting Wilder...TWICE! Then add to that, the possibility of Dillian Whyte leaving, and fighting Wilder or Fury! At what point do you address the "elephant in the room?"

Comment

This wussy dude doesn't believe it

Comment

I guess so. I guess I have a very different perspective on the type of talent Luis Ortiz is. I'm done defending him because it's obviously only me that sees him that way! Then again, I see Lara and Rigo the same, so maybe I'm just biased regarding Cuban fighters? WAR UGAS!
                    Ortiz is a Damn good fighter but you have to weight the pros and cons when it comes to dropping a belt to go and fight a certain fighter..
                    Beating Ortiz is impressive but what exactly can it do for a Fighter's career in the long run??
                    Now if you have a belt then that opens the door to big money fights and unification fights which equals more money, ...
                    You get the point??
                    And yes I'm taking Ugas too! I hope he beats Porter and takes his belt!

Comment

No - a mandatory challenger is as important as the title is to the man holding it!

If the WBA title is that important to Loma he will fight his mando. If it isn't, he won't. It's his decision to make, and nobody else's.
                      That's Bob Arum's decision, and no one else! You underestimate the power of the promoter, and it's quite evident due to the things you've said in the past 24 hrs.!

Comment

Working...
                      X