No announcement yet.

I think this is going to be the absolute best Adrien Broner we have ever seen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
    No, I actually regularly talk with folks close to Broner and his camp.

All training camp they'd been saying AB looked like this and looked like that and I basically paid it no mind- Broner always has good camps, then he always goes out and fights down to his competition.

But, this particular time my source included statements by not one person, but a group of people who had no dog in the hunt, and who were familiar with Broner from past fights and preparations.

That's what I went on.

And strangely enough, they were accurate to a degree.

Adrien took very little punishment, Manny landed 112 punches total not nearly enough to be the "beating" some are trying to make this out as. On top of that, Manny got lumped up and is now seeing a doctor for his eye.

No question Broner wins if he stands his ground a little more each round...but, what else is new with Adrien?
    Broner was gun-shy in the biggest fight of his life,was very defensive and became even more defensive and definitely just tried to survive after he felt Pac’s power. AB even admitted he got hurt a couple of times. I have also noticed he also resorted to some dirty tactics with his elbows and pushing during clinches. He obviously pushed Pac’s face with his right elbow during a clinch I forgot which round it was. Buboy, apparently said the eye injury was caused by Broner rubbing his gloves(tape) on Pac’s left eye according to an article on Bleacher report. Broner even tried to wrestle Pac by grabbing up Pac’s leg at one point.

Broner lost period, just move on, get over it lol!
    Last edited by tatot; 01-26-2019, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by tatot View Post
      Broner was gun-shy in the biggest fight of his life,was very defensive and became even more defensive and definitely just tried to survive after he felt Pac’s power. AB even admitted he got hurt a couple of times. I have also noticed he also resorted to some dirty tactics with his elbows and pushing during clinches. He obviously pushed Pac’s face with his right elbow during a clinch I forgot which round it was. Buboy, apparently said the eye injury was caused by Broner rubbing his gloves(tape) on Pac’s left eye according to an article on Bleacher report. Broner even tried to wrestle Pac by grabbing up Pac’s leg at one point.

Broner lost period, just move on, get over it lol!
      Broner was the same guy he was in all his big fights...not busy enough to win even with all the talent apparent.

The purpose of this thread isn't about AB, it's about Pac fans thinking this win somehow means Pac is back.

He isn't.

If anything, the fight provided ample evidence he is no longer a top guy at 147.

Yet, I am seeing all these threads about guys Pac can now supposedly beat off of that performance.

The only shock is that there hasn't been a "Pac Could KO Godzilla In 3" thread yet...

Comment

Broner was the same guy he was in all his big fights...not busy enough to win even with all the talent apparent.

The purpose of this thread isn't about AB, it's about Pac fans thinking this win somehow means Pac is back.

He isn't.

If anything, the fight provided ample evidence he is no longer a top guy at 147.

Yet, I am seeing all these threads about guys Pac can now supposedly beat off of that performance.

The only shock is that there hasn't been a "Pac Could KO Godzilla In 3" thread yet...
        You dont have to justify your prediction though lol, was not even close.
        The fight was not just big for AB, it was supposed to be the biggest fight ever for him and he should’ve put everything on the line. The only fight that could surpass it is if(a big if) Floyd decides to come out of retirement and fight AB. Doubt it happens but I bet the build up would be bigger than the actual fight itself lol!

I really dont think Pac is the same fighter from some years ago but I think he’s still good enough to compete for another big fight or two. I really hope he fights one of the young lions next and not Floyd. Thurman I think would be a real good test. If he gets beat up and looks shot then hopefully it would convince him to hang up them gloves. Father time is undefeated as they say. Pac is an atg and doesnt have to prove anything anymore.

Comment

You dont have to justify your prediction though lol, was not even close.
          The fight was not just big for AB, it was supposed to be the biggest fight ever for him and he should’ve put everything on the line. The only fight that could surpass it is if(a big if) Floyd decides to come out of retirement and fight AB. Doubt it happens but I bet the build up would be bigger than the actual fight itself lol!

I really dont think Pac is the same fighter from some years ago but I think he’s still good enough to compete for another big fight or two. I really hope he fights one of the young lions next and not Floyd. Thurman I think would be a real good test. If he gets beat up and looks shot then hopefully it would convince him to hang up them gloves. Father time is undefeated as they say. Pac is an atg and doesnt have to prove anything anymore.
          That is exactly my point.

He is in no condition to try a guy like Spence or Crawford.

We will see tonight if Thurman is also still in that group.

Pac doesn't belong in the ring with any of the top welters.

He struggled with Horn for chrissakes can you imagine what Porter would do to Manny?

Comment

That is exactly my point.

He is in no condition to try a guy like Spence or Crawford.

We will see tonight if Thurman is also still in that group.

Pac doesn't belong in the ring with any of the top welters.

He struggled with Horn for chrissakes can you imagine what Porter would do to Manny?
            Pac and Porter have sparred a few times in the past and should be a good test for Manny as well if they ever fight. Im not that sold with Porter though, he may be strong and rough but Horn was bigger than him and Pac was able to hurt the Aussie.

Bud and Spence are the top dogs at 147 but Pac is a warrior though and would fight anyone which is a lil scary at this stage lol!

Comment

Pac and Porter have sparred a few times in the past and should be a good test for Manny as well if they ever fight. Im not that sold with Porter though, he may be strong and rough but Horn was bigger than him and Pac was able to hurt the Aussie.

Bud and Spence are the top dogs at 147 but Pac is a warrior though and would fight anyone which is a lil scary at this stage lol!
              He is taller than Porter, but he isn't bigger...and Shawn has a slightly longer reach.

Porter is much more physical a fighter than Horn, and Pac struggled with Jeff some rounds (by no means am I saying I think Horn beat Pac).

At this point, Pac doesn't belong in the same ring with the young lions.

They'd treat him the same way he treated DLH or even worse.

He might get seriously hurt.

Comment

• This broner has a chance against the top welterweight not name manny pacquiao.

Comment

He is taller than Porter, but he isn't bigger...and Shawn has a slightly longer reach.

Porter is much more physical a fighter than Horn, and Pac struggled with Jeff some rounds (by no means am I saying I think Horn beat Pac).

At this point, Pac doesn't belong in the same ring with the young lions.

They'd treat him the same way he treated DLH or even worse.

He might get seriously hurt.
                  He may be 40 but I dont think he would end up like ODLH. My two cents, I think Pac beats Thurman(based on his performance against Lopez) and maybe even Porter in a close fight. It may sound like a pipe dream but hey, a lot of people had doubted and judged a 40 y/o Pac against Broner as well and look what happened regardless of how AB performed lol!

Comment

Working...
                  X