No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Daniel Jacobs Finalized For May 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
    Well first off Canelo isn't guaranteed to beat Jacobs by any stretch of the imagination to become undisputed. Lets also not forget the cowardly Andrade holds the WBO belt hostage and we know he spooks when an elite fighter looks his way given his track history. I don't think Canelo has a shot at becoming undisputed.

I would not bet a dollar on that

Golovkin talked about being undisputed for about 12 years lol

it would not surprise me if Canelo achieved that feat within the next 12 months

Canelo (and Ward) are funnily, exactly what fans thought Golovkin would be..... which is hilarious

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
      i never saw such a thing as a "prime ggg"... to me he looked exactly the same fighting rosado as he did vs vanes, like a monster lol...
      but i keep seeing canelo improving on every fight, the best version of canelo is yet to come..
      You really think that GGG at 36 - without PEDs - is the same fighter he was at 31?

And do you think the new improved Canelo would agree to fight Jacobs with a 10lb rehydration clause for him, but not for Danny?

Because that's what Golovkin did.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        You stupid.

Go back to ufc
        You all hyped up about fighting Jacobs who can’t even sell out in his own city, the Dead Zone was pressured to stop making the trash fights that were being put on by the Golden Girl and Heddie Sperm. This is a ok fight and not the mega fight that all you idiots think it is. You guys are glorifying and celebrating because of all the bum bashes that Dead Zone has given to you Nit Wits, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          You really think that GGG at 36 - without PEDs - is the same fighter he was at 31?

he is not the fighter you guys thought he was, EVER !

Comment

• Thought cinnamon would fight another creampuff next. I stand corrected.

Don't see a Ko in this fight. Too bad they're gonna rob Jacobs on the cards no matter what. Dela hoya has one of his kitchenware prostitutes waiting outside a judges house with a bag of money as we speak. Haha.

It's a decent fight so I may give Dazn my money... Maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              I got Nelo in a close fight.

Jacobs has reach, power, mobility so this will be difficult for Canelo. Apart from another gift I don't see how ginger can win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobby Shaw View Post
                Jacobs has reach, power, mobility so this will be difficult for Canelo. Apart from another gift I don't see how ginger can win.

he is a better fighter than Danny Jacobs

GOOD fight !

may the best man win

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  Yeah but that was to Floyd and one moron gave canelo the fight. That alone should tell you all you need to know
                  Did you think canelo lost?

Did Canelo not lose the official decision?

thats why theirs 3 judges, the boxing fail safe worked perfectly and canelo rightfully lost the decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                    The only other fighter I've ever picked Canelo to lose against was Mayweather.

Now I personally believe Lara beat him 7 rounds to 5, but the fight was close and I cannot argue with the decision as Canelo was the agressor and landed very good body shots. I just felt Lara was more effective, but it wasn't a bad decision by any means. Could've gone either way.

Had Canelo winning the first GGG fight 7 rounds to 5 but was ok with a draw or GGG 7-5 wouldn't have been a bad scorecard either. Also thought Canelo won the second fight 7 rounds to 5 but more convicingly this time around, no way GGG won that fight in my eyes. I wouldn't have been very happy with a draw either, it was clear to me.

With all this being said, I also believe Jacobs beat Golovkin 114-113 when they fought, but that ended up going the other way. It was close in my eyes, but I feel like Jacobs took it decisively. Didn't really like the decision but whatever.

In this fight however, I just don't see Canelo being able to beat Jacobs. I feel Canelo is the overall better fighter, but Jacobs peak level and style is all wrong for Canelo. Canelo is overall better, but Jacobs at his best can and will beat Canelo's best. I have Jacobs edging out a close decision.
                    Great post! I agree with every single thing you said.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post
                      Well first off Canelo isn't guaranteed to beat Jacobs by any stretch of the imagination to become undisputed. Lets also not forget the cowardly Andrade holds the WBO belt hostage and we know he spooks when an elite fighter looks his way given his track history. I don't think Canelo has a shot at becoming undisputed.
                      How long has Andrade had the WBO title now, crybaby? 3 months?

Comment

Working...
                      X