No announcement yet.

Canelo made $50 million for the Golovkin rematch... DAMN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo made $50 million for the Golovkin rematch... DAMN

Canelo is easily the biggest cash cow in boxing right now since Floyd left. Joshua is huge and clearly number 2 but not up with Canelo yet.

This article talks about Canelo purse. Sorry I can't embed.

https://www.si.com/boxing/2018/10/17...lion-deal-dazn

That's definitely not true considering the split they had.

I think the fight itself as a whole barely grossed that much.

Comment

Originally posted by moochi View Post
      That's definitely not true considering the split they had.

I think the fight itself as a whole barely grossed that much.
      that number is "netting", which includes other incomes to which ggg didnt have access . .

Comment

canelo is the new king!! floyd looking this article like dammm i wish i knew what they are saying here lol.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingking123 View Post
          Canelo is easily the biggest cash cow in boxing right now since Floyd left. Joshua is huge and clearly number 2 but not up with Canelo yet.

This article talks about Canelo purse. Sorry I can't embed.

https://www.si.com/boxing/2018/10/17...lion-deal-dazn
          He shoulda made 75 mil and gave ggg 15 tops! They were very generous to Trip Ye

Comment

GGG got a 55/45 split in Canelo's favor if I remember correctly so whatever Canelo was paid GGG was paid almost as much. Canelo vs GGG is a bigger fight than Canelo vs anybody else. Canelo is by far the biggest money maker in boxing now and AJ is huge in England.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
              Pathetic how so many supposed boxing fans support princessism in boxing.

Comment

Don't be like that. No wonder some live in mansions and some on streets.
                Ggg deserved higher percentage then wilder deserved v josh
                Last edited by hugh grant; 01-01-2019, 04:22 PM.

Comment

If they tried to do that GGG would have told them to go *** themselves and there would have been no huge money making rematch. They tried to give GGG a 60/40 split and he refused and the fight almost never happened. They were forced to give GGG 45% or go fight somebody else and make much less money. They made the obvious correct choice and gave GGG what he asked for. You seem to forget GGG was the champion and Canelo had no title and was the challenger. If they had tried to lowball him with an insulting 15 million offer Canelo would not get the chance to win GGG's belts and make the money only the GGG rematch would make him.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    If they tried to do that GGG would have told them to go *** themselves and there would have been no huge money making rematch. They tried to give GGG a 60/40 split and he refused and the fight almost never happened. They were forced to give GGG 45% or go fight somebody else and make much less money. They made the obvious correct choice and gave GGG what he asked for. You seem to forget GGG was the champion and Canelo had no title and was the challenger. If they had tried to lowball him with an insulting 15 million offer Canelo would not get the chance to win GGG's belts and make the money only the GGG rematch would make him.

also, Canelo needed an opportunity to "erase the issues that he had in May" ~ Abel Sanchez

but, that is not the situation now

how much do you think Golovkin makes in a trilogy fight?

regardless as to what he got paid in the rematch, Canelo is the superstar..... not Golovkin

Canelo needed the rematch, but he does not need a trilogy fight at all

* he is the current middleweight champion
                    * he has a $365M deal with DAZN
                    * he has vindicated himself of the clenbuterol issue

what % would Golovkin make in a trilogy fight?

Comment

Working...
                    X