Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo-Korobov Fox Tripleheader Peaked At 2,421,000 Viewers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHAW ARUM DUVA View Post
    I thought the PBC show on Fox was pretty good, but out of the three fights, precisely zero of them were happening for any sort of reason. It was just a show that existed to get wins for the Charlos and Breazeale. Which is fine, Top Rank and the others do the same thing, but I like a little more drama in my boxing. Maybe it was a good thing that Harrison won, to show that the B-sides will get a fair shake with the judges and that these PBC shows on Fox won't be totally slanted towards giving the A-side every advantage. The problem with the first slate of PBC shows on Fox is there's not a single fight I'm excited about. It's just showcase fights to build to bigger fights. Which may be a necessary evil, but as a fan, I can't force myself to get excited about showcase fights.
    for showcase fights, we got a triple header with two surprisingly close fights, and a third garbage fight with a stellar knockout for the people who watch solely for that. I just googled the next card, and Uzi vs Plant should be a lot more competitive than it looks on paper. I think it'll be a surprisingly good match actually. I don't know much about the featherweights.

Comment

Some more numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        I'm picturing it as a legit bus tour too. Oscar driving, Canelo stopping to sign pictures and beat up local super middleweights at malls.
        Is Oscar allowed to drive after his DIU offences?

No worries, give him 3 months to get in shape and Oscar can beat the bums up while Canelo drives the bus.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          Is Oscar allowed to drive after his DIU offences?

No worries, give him 3 months to get in shape and Oscar can beat the bums up while Canelo drives the bus.
          They'll install a breathalyzer into the bus

Comment

Great for boxing, very happy

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
              Not mention the PBC content is nearly 70% cheaper than the UFC content on the same platform.

I'm sure the FOX executives are very happy with these numbers.
              How long until ESPN realizes how badly they overpaid for the UFC? After TR smokes the UFC on their own platform for several months in a row? LOL

The UFC is a badly de-valued property as the age demographics advantage that made the UFC such an attractive property in the first place has completely vanished. Boxing can at the very least equal the UFC in the Demo consistently at this point, often beating them. FOX and ESPN both got steals with TR and PBC..

Comment

2m is really bad on a public network like Fox. You have to pay for Showtime/HBO, need premium cable for ESPN, but Fox, CBS and the like are more or less free

Comment

[QUOTE=j.razor;19391706]Your corny, not even creative. Do better cuz your starting to bore me.[/QUOTE"]

"You're". Twice in 2 sentences. Did your English teacher bore you too? Notice the correct spelling of "your" with correct usage. Learn buddy. Learn.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    for showcase fights, we got a triple header with two surprisingly close fights, and a third garbage fight with a stellar knockout for the people who watch solely for that. I just googled the next card, and Uzi vs Plant should be a lot more competitive than it looks on paper. I think it'll be a surprisingly good match actually. I don't know much about the featherweights.
                    I thought the Charlos were both put in tougher than they really needed to be considering these were supposed to be showcase fights. One of them losing is the exact reason why promoters normally go much softer for showcases. So I'm not knocking the show. Just saying there wasn't a specific fight I was excited about heading into it. As an overall package, it was an enjoyable card.

But yes, Uzi vs. Plant is the kind of fight I get much more excited about. Where the show doesn't exist solely for a certain guy to win.

Comment

• The casuals that tuned in and saw Jermell get robbed followed by Harrison’s classless profanity laced post fight were probably reminded why they don’t watch boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X