No announcement yet.

Does Dillian Whyte deserve another shot and Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
    Lol! Did you just question Klitschko's HOF entry? You do realize that Vitali went in last year right?
    I’m assuming Wladimir will he added at some point ( it isn’t yet ). If I’m honest I don’t actually know who, if anyone, owns any official hall of fame list or it’s just down to subjectivity?

Comment

Stiverne had a rematch clause in the contract because he had the title.
      You sure? I remember Stiverne moaning about wanting a rematch but Wilder took on Areolla instead. Stiverne did get a rematch but i dont recall him ever enfocing it through a clause. He seemed to want a rematch but he certainly didnt seem in a position to demand it or force it to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
        Some fans on here are deluded. Wilder, as a comparison has hAd a ten year career and had two decent fights (a close win versus Ortiz and a draw with Fury).

Joshua has had 5 years in the sport, only 22 fights and has 4 of the 5 belts and has beaten :

Whyte (unbeaten at time)
        Martin (unbeaten at time)
        Brezeale (unbeaten at time)
        Klitschko (HoF?)
        Povetkin (top 3 at time)
        Parker (unbeaten and top3 at time)
        Takam

Honestly, anyone who tries to demean that resume needs to share which other heavyweight has done the same thing within 22 fights because there won’t be many.
        How many were champions when he fought him; None? Therefore, his resume ain't shit. Out of all of the names you've just mentioned none of them doesn't come remotely equal or close in value to an undisputed Deontay Wilder fight.

Comment

I’m assuming Wladimir will he added at some point ( it isn’t yet ). If I’m honest I don’t actually know who, if anyone, owns any official hall of fame list or it’s just down to subjectivity?
          Huh?? Not sure what you mean...

http://www.ibhof.com/pages/about/ind...cteeindex.html

Comment

That said, Whyte has already had his shot at Joshua and got ktfo. And I didn't say one deserved the match over the other, just that both deserved a shot.
            Out of the guys who for whatever reason have refused to fight a final eliminator to become a mandatory, Whyte and Miller are definitely the most deserving of a voluntary title shot. Ortiz had a voluntary title shot earlier this year, so I'd like to see Whyte and Miller get a chance before Ortiz gets another.

There's very few heavyweights in the world, if any, that have fought the caliber of opposition Whyte and Miller have recently. Solid guy after solid guy. If mandatories didn't exist, they've certainly beaten more impressive opposition than Pulev has. But Pulev worked within the system to get himself a guaranteed shot.

Comment

There is an official boxing hall of fame and you're either in or you're not. Wladimir getting voted in is about as easy of a guarantee as there is or will be.

Comment

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
                You sure? I remember Stiverne moaning about wanting a rematch but Wilder took on Areolla instead. Stiverne did get a rematch but i dont recall him ever enfocing it through a clause. He seemed to want a rematch but he certainly didnt seem in a position to demand it or force it to happen.
                Go look it up

Comment

Originally posted by SHAW ARUM DUVA View Post
                  Out of the guys who for whatever reason have refused to fight a final eliminator to become a mandatory, Whyte and Miller are definitely the most deserving of a voluntary title shot. Ortiz had a voluntary title shot earlier this year, so I'd like to see Whyte and Miller get a chance before Ortiz gets another.

There's very few heavyweights in the world, if any, that have fought the caliber of opposition Whyte and Miller have recently. Solid guy after solid guy. If mandatories didn't exist, they've certainly beaten more impressive opposition than Pulev has. But Pulev worked within the system to get himself a guaranteed shot.
                  ^ Totally agree with that post. Not much else to say.

Comment

Pulev actually.

Comment

Lol! Did you just question Klitschko's HOF entry? You do realize that Vitali went in last year right?
                      the whole basis for the Ks getting in is that they are the first bros to share hw titles, so if one goes in the other should on that backdoor kind of basis. You cant let in one not the otehr for being a bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X