No announcement yet.

Does Dillian Whyte deserve another shot and Joshua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    I say yes too, especially since both Fury and Wilder say they are number 1 and number two and they will fight each other again for the real title and leave AJ on the outside looking in. Either Fury or Wilder would be ahead of Whyte if they wanted to fight AJ and accept his terms but clearly they don't and Whyte does.
    Yeah, I guess. In the absence of a fight with Wilder or Fury, Joshua still needs to remain active so a fight against a top 5 fighter is better than nothing I suppose...I'm just not that interested in seeing it! If it was versus Ortiz, I would watch it because it would be interesting to see how well Joshua does against Ortiz and then compare it to the Wilder/Ortiz fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Laligalaliga View Post
      The last time I checked, his contracts is still across the Atlantic. It's yet to comeback signed.
      You can drag the horse to the stream but you can't force it drink water.
      Nigqa, use your tongue to count your teeth.
      It won't be easy. I can tell you that much. It all comes down to how badly Joshua wants Wilder.

If you are referring to that old deal well that ship has sailed. If AJ is any kind of man he will give Wilder everything is asking for and then some to make the fight.

There's no damn way that Deontay would settle for a $15mil flat fee with no percentage and a double rematch clause. If that's the offer that Joshua's offering then he could have fun with that one.

Let him fight Luis Ortiz next year instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
        Thank you. Everything being equal there’s no way Whyte deserves a second shot before others get their first. It’s the fight that can be made, and worth the most to the promoter. But people act like we didn’t see him get KOd in seven already. If he beats AJ we all lose anyway. Still no ones surprised we saw povetkin and now Whyte.
        I agree. A rematch with Whyte at this time would prove to be both fruitless and pointless. There's no way he defeats Joshua this time around because he lacks both the conditioning and skill level in order to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          It won't be easy. I can tell you that much. It all comes down to how badly Joshua wants Wilder.

If you are referring to that old deal well that ship has sailed. If AJ is any kind of man he will give Wilder everything is asking for and then some to make the fight.

There's no damn way that Deontay would settle for a $15mil flat fee with no percentage and a double rematch clause. If that's the offer that Joshua's offering then he could have fun with that one.

Let him fight Luis Ortiz next year instead.
          Ortiz has done nothing to have two title shots in two years. Fighting guys ranked above can't give you another title shot. Let him step up his competition first then he can be considered.

From the rumours flying around. Hez been offered $28mil plus rematch in the state and an ppv upside. The deal is good good to be ignored.

Fury's trainer has openly said fury is not doing an immediate rematch and wilder has two options now.

Sign the contract and face AJ or
          Run like a coward to face Breazeale on disguise of mandatory.

You can use your tongue to count your teeth.

Comment

No problem with fight. .my problem is though How Hearn keep running his mouth when he is angling for this fight the whole time

Comment

Fury will sign with DAZN soon. Make sense for mega 3 fights (Wilder, Miller and AJ).

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
                He had a really good year with 2 of the best ko's this year 1 beaing his revenge on Chisorsa and beat a top 10 ranked Hvy in Parker.
                I say yes
                I say yes but so does Miller and I want Miller first because they haven't fought yet. I've got a little bit of doubt that Joshua can beat Miller for some reason.

Comment

He maybe just about deserves a shot but its a waste of time. AJ is too good for him and is just going to knock him out again.

Comment

I suppose. Whyte has followed Hearn's instructions and Hearn, as annoying as he can be, has a knack for building up these gatekeepers as monstrous killers set to take over the division. I mean Fury beat up Chisora twice without breaking a sweat really. Same with Wlad who AJ has already defeated. Parker fight was close. LOL at Lucas Browne.

I get that people think Whyte has "improved" ( I think he is the same plodding also-ran that he has always been) but so has AJ. I mean since the first Whyte fight AJ has had seven world title fights. I have no idea why anyone thinks this rematch is compelling whatsoever. If anything it's a giant step-back for AJ and he looks embarrassed to be doing this rematch frankly, as he should be. His career is already stalling a bit and then to have to fight a guy you blasted outta there 8 fights ago when you're supposed to be the HWCOTW is a little ridiculous.

But I think it will sell with AJ's public I suppose, which is pretty much the only reason for this snoozefest of a match-up..

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                      I say yes but so does Miller and I want Miller first because they haven't fought yet. I've got a little bit of doubt that Joshua can beat Miller for some reason.
                      I can understand how beating dinu and that other midget plus crying to the media at every opportunity can land you a title fight.
                      Everyone wants to blackmail the champ to get a shot. No one wants to fight hard like whyte.

Comment

Working...
                      X