Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does Wilder do If Fury Prices himself Out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stinger1 View Post
    What does Wilder do if Fury prices himself out or insists the rematch has to be in the UK? It seems he would only have 2 options. Fight Joshua or Breazeale. Breazeale comes with its own problems as its a mandatory with no rematch clause and Eddie Hearn has already told Breazeale to let it go to purse bid as he wants it to put it on DAZN.

So in this scenario does Wilder give in to Fury's demands, Joshua's demands or fight Breazeale where he's putting his big paydays at risk?
    WTF? Can't get Dillian Whyte vs Chisora 2 on DAZN but he is going to put up the money for Wilder vs Breazeale

WTF does Eddie even have to do with this match up when BOTH are with Al Haymon and Breazeale is fighting on Fox this Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Breazeale can have a rematch clause if it doesn't go to purse bid. Which it won't because they are both Haymon fighters.
      It only won't go to purse bid if they make him a good enough offer. Top Rank would probably like to put that fight on ESPN as well so you could have a 3 way bidding war. I'm sure Breazeale is a bit salty about having to wait so long for his title shot so I doubt he is interested in doing Haymon any favours.

Comment

Originally posted by Julia Slobberts View Post
        I think it goes without saying that you're pretty biased on the matter.
        I feel you but if you dominate everyone, then you have a questionable fight, you do whatever you can to get that rematch, so you can show people that the opponent is their to be dominated just like everyone else you fought.

Fury would be smart to price himself out, and Wilder shouldnt give two fks about it! He needs to get passed him, so he can go on to other things.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
          WTF? Can't get Dillian Whyte vs Chisora 2 on DAZN but he is going to put up the money for Wilder vs Breazeale

WTF does Eddie even have to do with this match up when BOTH are with Al Haymon and Breazeale is fighting on Fox this Saturday.
          Hearn's DAZN money is for use for his US shows only. As mentioned in previous posts, if Breazeale refuses to accept a deal he can let it go to purse bids where anyone can bid to the rights for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            I feel you but if you dominate everyone, then you have a questionable fight, you do whatever you can to get that rematch, so you can show people that the opponent is their to be dominated just like everyone else you fought.

Fury would be smart to price himself out, and Wilder shouldnt give two fks about it! He needs to get passed him, so he can go on to other things.
            Why would Wilder not just fight Joshua then if the split Fury was asking for was too high?

Comment

AJ/Wilder for all the marbles! Hell, that fight better be next regardless.

Comment

Hearn's DAZN money is for use for his US shows only. As mentioned in previous posts, if Breazeale refuses to accept a deal he can let it go to purse bids where anyone can bid to the rights for the fight.
                Again Both with Haymon, it is not going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Again Both with Haymon, it is not going to happen
                  I don't get why that matters. If Hearn tells Breazeale he will bid $10m for the fight which would give Breazeale $3m and he has only been offered $1m he aint going to give up $2m because Al is a good guy.

Comment

I don't get why that matters. If Hearn tells Breazeale he will bid $10m for the fight which would give Breazeale $3m and he has only been offered $1m he aint going to give up $2m because Al is a good guy.
                    Well I guess we will just have to wait and see how things play out but don't hold your breath for Eddie Hearn to bid $10 Million

This doesn't even make it to a Purse Bid when the WBC Orders It!

Comment

I was just about to make a similar thread. Tyson's let's see where we are after the christmas talks doesn't feel me with confidence. Sure these two deserve to enjoy the holidays and switch off, however tyson will also start the narrative that he's beaten wilder and no need to do it again/ isn't going to america to get robbed. Wilder needs to be very careful as fury can fight chisora/whyte like his father wished and then fight AJ with wilder left in the cold for 2019. Wilders most optimal choice is to fight AJ now, seeing as there's literally no upside should he lose to fury.

Comment

Working...
                      X