Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Korobov's Manager: This Is A Better Fight Than Charlo-Monroe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    Could be a complete blowout, but Matvey has (or had) real skill and if he doesn't try too hard to look good and just boxes he could make this hard for Jermall. Monroe would have stood there flexing at the waist and taking a deliberate step or two every ten or 15 seconds, occasionally popping out a jab or a one-two with blinding speed and all the deadly intent of a de-fanged cobra.

I'm not even sure I'd say Matvey has a better chance than Slick Willie, cos neither has a chance to speak of, but I can visualise exactly how Jermall - Monroe goes and I ain't really interested. With Korobov - well at least I just ain't sure.... too much depends on how Matvey looks after so long in the boxing hinterlands. At his best he's a damn good fighter though, if (against the odds) the guy who schooled a green Uzcategui shows up, Jermall could have a real tough night.
    Exactly. Monroe doesn't have the mindset to try and win. He's an athlete but he's not a fighter in my opinion. We all know how the Monroe/Charlo would go and it wouldn't have been anything exciting.

I remember watching Korobov a few times before the Lee fight. Dude seemed technically very sound, relatively hard punching and pretty damn rugged. The first few rounds of the Lee fight, I still had all of those impressions of him although there were a few times I saw him react to Lee's power.

When he got caught clean by Lee, he looked like he got hit by a stun gun; completely short circuited his brain. Lee landed a few more *******s on his chin and body before it got stopped. Now Lee could throw some serious bricks (especially hook and uppercut) so maybe he is a rugged dude, but I'm not inspired by his level of opposition and his activity since that fight. I wonder how much he has left in the tank and how much was taken from him by that Lee fight.

Comment

Originally posted by punishing View Post
      What do you think it would look like if Monroe went the distance? It would have been horrible to watch. I think Korobov is the better fighter and this makes a more entertaining fight. Let's be real, Monroe wasn't gonna box his way to a win anyway, he was gonna feel the power and go into defensive mode throwing single digit punches per round.
      Charlo-Monroe was probably a better fight as far as competitiveness, not entertainement value. I don't think anyone expected this fight to be particularly exciting anyway. Still I'd rather watch a potentially competitive fight than a blowout. The way I see it, Korobov could be another Heiland or Centeno while Monroe had a chance to be Trout. I'm not really interested in seeing Jermall Charlo destroy another overmatched opponent.
      I also doubt Korobov is better than Monroe at this point. If we factor in his amateur pedigree probably, but what has he done as a pro, and what has he done recently? Guy is an enigma, I haven't heard from him since the Lee fight.

Comment

I agree, if Korobov was already in camp training and in shape, this is definitely a better fight.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
          Not really short noticed he’s had a full training camp and he was well prepared to step in
          My sentiments exactly! If anything, he's gonna have to deal with Charlo's style, but I'm just happy he's in tip top shape and taking the fight on one week's notice!

Comment

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
            Charlo-Monroe was probably a better fight as far as competitiveness, not entertainement value. I don't think anyone expected this fight to be particularly exciting anyway. Still I'd rather watch a potentially competitive fight than a blowout. The way I see it, Korobov could be another Heiland or Centeno while Monroe had a chance to be Trout. I'm not really interested in seeing Jermall Charlo destroy another overmatched opponent.
            I also doubt Korobov is better than Monroe at this point. If we factor in his amateur pedigree probably, but what has he done as a pro, and what has he done recently? Guy is an enigma, I haven't heard from him since the Lee fight.
            Charlo Monroe is not a more competitive fight. Korobov beat the 168 lb champ at mw. That win alone is better than anything monroe has done. Korobov is all around a much better fighter than monore.

Comment

Since Matt is already in camp and has trained I think Charlo/Koborov is the better quality fight even though Monroe is ranked 5th by the WBC.

Comment

Working...
              X