Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Korobov's Manager: This Is A Better Fight Than Charlo-Monroe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
    Fighters avoid Korobov like the plague? This is not a better fight than Charlo-Monroe. Korobov has never really adapted to the pro game and hasn't been in a meaningful fight since getting stopped by Andy Lee four years ago. And he's now 35.

Monroe would have a good chance to go the distance with Jermall, while I could see Korobov being knocked out early.
    What do you think it would look like if Monroe went the distance? It would have been horrible to watch. I think Korobov is the better fighter and this makes a more entertaining fight. Let's be real, Monroe wasn't gonna box his way to a win anyway, he was gonna feel the power and go into defensive mode throwing single digit punches per round.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      What I don't understand is what's been going on with Korobov's career since his kayo loss to Lee. He was winning that fight handily when he got caught during an exchange and ultimately stopped.

Since that fight in 2014, he's fought four times against very uninspiring competition. No real progression in his opponents or his career until this opportunity. We'll see how he looks, at least he doesn't have to drop all the way down from a scheduled 168 weight.
      Lee took his soul, he never recovered from that brutal knockout and never will. He is 35 and Charlo is gonna mess him up.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
        Not really short noticed he’s had a full training camp and he was well prepared to step in
        He had a full camp preparing for Charlo? Wasn’t aware of that.

He can be as fit and prepared as he wants, this is worse than Monroe (though not Charlo’s fault Monroe who was already a bad fight needed that test).

Comment

I think this is a much better fight than with Monroe. I think there is some truth in certain fighters avoiding Korobov as he was low reward since his KO loss to Lee but high risk given his exceptional amateur pedigree (including a KO win over Jacobs) and dominant performance against Uzi. Korobov is the second best fighter Charlo will have ever fought.

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
            Lee took his soul, he never recovered from that brutal knockout and never will. He is 35 and Charlo is gonna mess him up.
            Definitely possible. I always like Lee because he looked fragile in the ring but he had some serious crack in his punches, just saw some hilights of his fights and he could rrally spark people out.

Comment

This Charlo first real test. Trout was a good win but Korobov probably better than Trout. Interesting matchup.

Comment

You guys need to take a lot into consideration regarding this fight. It's a good name on Jermall's resume but Korobov really shouldn't be competitive for Charlo at this stage.

Comment

Korobov was in hiatus when he got KOed by Andy Lee, fought lower tier fighters in 2016, didn't fight in 2017 and fought another lower tier fighter early 2018.

He is going to get flatten out in 2

Comment

Could be a complete blowout, but Matvey has (or had) real skill and if he doesn't try too hard to look good and just boxes he could make this hard for Jermall. Monroe would have stood there flexing at the waist and taking a deliberate step or two every ten or 15 seconds, occasionally popping out a jab or a one-two with blinding speed and all the deadly intent of a de-fanged cobra.

I'm not even sure I'd say Matvey has a better chance than Slick Willie, cos neither has a chance to speak of, but I can visualise exactly how Jermall - Monroe goes and I ain't really interested. With Korobov - well at least I just ain't sure.... too much depends on how Matvey looks after so long in the boxing hinterlands. At his best he's a damn good fighter though, if (against the odds) the guy who schooled a green Uzcategui shows up, Jermall could have a real tough night.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                      What I don't understand is what's been going on with Korobov's career since his kayo loss to Lee. He was winning that fight handily when he got caught during an exchange and ultimately stopped.

Since that fight in 2014, he's fought four times against very uninspiring competition. No real progression in his opponents or his career until this opportunity. We'll see how he looks, at least he doesn't have to drop all the way down from a scheduled 168 weight.
                      I have thought that myself. There is no shame in getting caught by Lee who had a knockout punch. If Korobov is in shape mentally and physically then this will be a good one!

Comment

Working...
                      X