Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: Joshua Skipped Fury Fight To Avoid 'Hard Questions'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
    Offering a flat fee for a potentially massive PPV and maybe the biggest fight in boxing is a cop out to not make the fight.

Even if 15 mil seems a lot, it might have ended up being considerably lower than what they can earn via PPV, gate etc... That's why they do % splits for PPV.

Offering a flat fee knowing that it's gonna get knocked back is a way of ducking and saving face, making it look like you wanted it. Hearn isn't a ****** man. he knows that's not how huge fights get made.
    Then tell me which B side earned more then if Wilder was being short changed? This is a guy who only earns 2 Mill and can't sell out arenas. He isn't a star in his own right you know. He's a 2 bit nobody. Stop trying to pretend he's anything but that.

And after losing to a 50% Fury, his stock is even lower. Unless of course looking like **** and being made to look like a fool in a robbery is something positive in your world?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      That b1tch isn't close to being worth 50/50. you'll see when the Fury fights are done with. It's back to peanuts for the coward.
      AJ is done. Who wants to watch him fight his b level midgets now lol. #softboigang

Comment

Everyone knew Fury was the best after looking like **** against 2 bums? Most Brits were saying he was going to lose because he wasn't back at his best yet. That was very clear after watching his last 2 fights. Don't try and tell me otherwise. He wasn't in his prime then, and he won't in his prime in the rematch. He was only 50% in the first. In the second he'll be about 75%. You don't just come back after what he did to his body and everything is as good as new. Don't be so ****ing silly. History is littered with stories of failure. This isn't the norm. Even Fury knew it himself, why else did he fight 2 shot bums then?

Fury wasn't back in fighting shape though was he? He's still flabby. He was 10lbs over his weight for the Wlad fight. And that's after ignoring the damage he's done to himself.
        Of course he's flabby, that's what happens when you lose 100lbs so quick, loose skin.

For the record, i picked Fury to win. I know my boxing, you don't. Even in the rubbish comeback fights, i could see that with focus and a camp, he still had the skills to beat these heavyweights. Joshua would get tied in knots by a 75% Fury. Plenty of people on here thought Fury would beat Wilder, the poll was about 50-50 on their fight thread. Anyone with an ounce of boxing knowledge (not you) knew what could happen.

What's this gotta do with anything anyway? i'm the first to say it was a cherry pick gone wrong by Wilder. I'm no Wilder fan.

We're talking about AJ here. AJ is the one avoiding getting in with the top fighters in the division. Wilder has shown willingness to fight AJ, but AJ is gonna recycle his opponents and fight Whyte while pretending to gullible people like you that he wants the top fighters.

Comment

Wilder doesn't literally mean AJ is begging for it.

It's a figure of speech to say that AJ desperately needs a big fight because he's being left out in the cold. Wilder is saying it to make it sound like he's more in charge.

You must be backwards if you thought he meant it literally.
          No, Wilder is saying he's begging to fight HIM. He acknowledges it. But here you are twisting it to favour Wilder and making it look negative towards Joshua.

20 Mill is on the table. Either that or a 35% cut. That's a great deal. He even gets a rematch clause that no B side has ever got and will get the rematch in the US. But i'm sure you're going to pour water on that as well?

In your mind, what does Joshua need to do to get the fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by BeLikeWater View Post
            AJ is done. Who wants to watch him fight his b level midgets now lol. #softboigang
            The biggest star in the division who sells out stadiums while your b1tch can't even sell out an arena against the second biggest name in the division, is done?

Yeah, that's what AJ's pay cheques are saying as well. Deluded fantasist. Now go back to your village, they're missing their idiot.

Comment

Then tell me which B side earned more then if Wilder was being short changed? This is a guy who only earns 2 Mill and can't sell out arenas. He isn't a star in his own right you know. He's a 2 bit nobody. Stop trying to pretend he's anything but that.

And after losing to a 50% Fury, his stock is even lower. Unless of course looking like **** and being made to look like a fool in a robbery is something positive in your world?
              It's not about being short changed from what he has previously earned, it's about a flat fee making him potentially short changed from a good % of revenue from a huge fight. That's why nobody does flat fee's for PPV. It's not the done thing.

Hearn isn't giving out charity. You think he's offering a flat fee knowing it'll exceed what Wilder could earn as a %? you must be naive if you think that haha.

Hearn is offering a flat fee because he knows it'll get refused because there's more money to be earned by negotiating a % split.

Hearn said in the past that's not how big fights get made. All promoters say it. Golden Boy offered GGG a much bigger flat fee than he ever earned, but he refused and Golden Boy knew he would probably refuse at the time and they can say they tried. When Golden Boy were really ready to make GGG v Canelo, they offered GGG a proper % split, because that's how big fights get made.

You need to stop being so naive about these things. Hearn takes guys like you for a ride and takes your money to watch AJ v Whyte II, the rematch nobody wants but you will eat that warm diarrhoea that Hearn serves you as usual

Comment

Of course he's flabby, that's what happens when you lose 100lbs so quick, loose skin.

For the record, i picked Fury to win. I know my boxing, you don't. Even in the rubbish comeback fights, i could see that with focus and a camp, he still had the skills to beat these heavyweights. Joshua would get tied in knots by a 75% Fury. Plenty of people on here thought Fury would beat Wilder, the poll was about 50-50 on their fight thread. Anyone with an ounce of boxing knowledge (not you) knew what could happen.

What's this gotta do with anything anyway? i'm the first to say it was a cherry pick gone wrong by Wilder. I'm no Wilder fan.

We're talking about AJ here. AJ is the one avoiding getting in with the top fighters in the division. Wilder has shown willingness to fight AJ, but AJ is gonna recycle his opponents and fight Whyte while pretending to gullible people like you that he wants the top fighters.

I don't know my boxing now because I thought he wasn't ready yet? Yeah, tell that to the bookies who had Wilder the favourite for these same reasons. Most of the money went on Wilder as well. But you want to deluded yourself you're some kind of boxing expert? Funny, because all you've revealed is what a prat you are.

The poll on here wasn't 50/50 either. You should look for that thread ands see for yourself. The vast majority picked Wilder. Some Fury fans nearer to the fight picked Fury, but they were few and far between.

Had it been the Fury of the Wlad fight I would have picked him to pretty much dominate Wilder in there. But with the shape he was in plus looking like garbage against 2 cherry picks, I couldn't go there. It wasn't rational. I knew he had the skill, but I thought he'd gas by the half way mark and Wilder would start catching him. Pretending otherwise isn't boxing knowledge as you imply, it's nothing but sheer hope.

What does AJ need to do to get the Wilder fight in your eyes? He's offered a %. What else can he do?

Comment

It's not about being short changed from what he has previously earned, it's about a flat fee making him potentially short changed from a good % of revenue from a huge fight. That's why nobody does flat fee's for PPV. It's not the done thing.

Hearn isn't giving out charity. You think he's offering a flat fee knowing it'll exceed what Wilder could earn as a %? you must be naive if you think that haha.

Hearn is offering a flat fee because he knows it'll get refused because there's more money to be earned by negotiating a % split.

Hearn said in the past that's not how big fights get made. All promoters say it. Golden Boy offered GGG a much bigger flat fee than he ever earned, but he refused and Golden Boy knew he would probably refuse at the time and they can say they tried. When Golden Boy were really ready to make GGG v Canelo, they offered GGG a proper % split, because that's how big fights get made.

You need to stop being so naive about these things. Hearn takes guys like you for a ride and takes your money to watch AJ v Whyte II, the rematch nobody wants but you will eat that warm diarrhoea that Hearn serves you as usual
                  So Lennox Lewis, Floyd Mayweather, Naseem Hamed, Oscar De la Hoye etc etc gave a percentage to weak B sides on account of them having a title or something? And you think i'm ****** and don't know boxing? You really do think this nobody Wilder is a player in the game don't you? Haha, He's a 2 bit nobody. You don't pay nobodies like him huge money, it doesn't make any sense. Big stars in the past have never come close to giving a percentage to weak B sides. It's only been recent with Joshua to try and get these fools into the ring. He has the bend over backwards just to get the fights. But you want to point to him being the problem? Man, get the **** out of here. This is insane.

Comment

I don't know my boxing now because I thought he wasn't ready yet? Yeah, tell that to the bookies who had Wilder the favourite for these same reasons. Most of the money went on Wilder as well. But you want to deluded yourself you're some kind of boxing expert? Funny, because all you've revealed is what a prat you are.

The poll on here wasn't 50/50 either. You should look for that thread ands see for yourself. The vast majority picked Wilder. Some Fury fans nearer to the fight picked Fury, but they were few and far between.

Had it been the Fury of the Wlad fight I would have picked him to pretty much dominate Wilder in there. But with the shape he was in plus looking like garbage against 2 cherry picks, I couldn't go there. It wasn't rational. I knew he had the skill, but I thought he'd gas by the half way mark and Wilder would start catching him. Pretending otherwise isn't boxing knowledge as you imply, it's nothing but sheer hope.

What does AJ need to do to get the Wilder fight in your eyes? He's offered a %. What else can he do?

The bookies had Wilder a very narrow favourite. Fury wasn't a big underdog. It was very close in the odds.

Also check the votes on the link on the RBR thread. 43% predicted a Wilder win. 44% predicted a Fury win. So tell me i'm wrong. i provide facts. I said that because i saw it on the day of the vote that people on here voted in roughly even numbers on who they thought would win. I didn't just pull it out of my arse like you do with the things in your posts:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=799698

Anyway my friend, enjoy AJ v Whyte II and keep repeating everything Hearn tells you.

Comment

The bookies had Wilder a very narrow favourite. Fury wasn't a big underdog. It was very close in the odds.

Also check the votes on the link on the RBR thread. 43% predicted a Wilder win. 44% predicted a Fury win. So tell me i'm wrong. i provide facts. I said that because i saw it on the day of the vote that people on here voted in roughly even numbers on who they thought would win. I didn't just pull it out of my arse like you do with the things in your posts:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=799698

Anyway my friend, enjoy AJ v Whyte II and keep repeating everything Hearn tells you.
                      That is not the poll I voted in. This is a different poll. And i'm sure a lot of people voted AFTER the fight to try and look smart. Nowhere near this many people had faith in Fury winning.

Hearn has offered a %. What else should AJ do to get the Wilder fight? You haven't answered.

Comment

Working...
                      X