No announcement yet.

Fielding didn't even come to fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fielding didn't even come to fight

His countrymen Khan and Liam Smith were way smaller, but came with a game plan, showed balls and held their own with Canelo.

Fielding psyched himself out and wilted once he felt a few body shots. Even the carcass of Angulo took those shots.

Jamie Moore had to be embarrassed.

Originally posted by WallabeeKing View Post
    His countrymen Khan and Liam Smith were way smaller, but came with a game plan, showed balls and held their own with Canelo.

Fielding psyched himself out and wilted once he felt a few body shots. Even the carcass of Angulo took those shots.

Jamie Moore had to be embarrassed.
    After the fight Canelo said Fielding had the wrong gameplan. And Fielding kept looking to his corner to stop the fight after he got dropped. Fielding was just happy to be there

Comment

I wouldn't say he didn't come to fight because he certainly kept getting up and giving it a go. I would say that he lacked a gameplan though.

Comment

That was a truly pathetic performance by the bigger man. Obviously he was overmatched, but that was next level bad. And it's not like Canelo is a monster puncher or anything. Definitely a good puncher, but he hasn't come close to stopping any top fighter he has faced (Floyd/Lara/Trout/Cotto/GGG). Yet first good body shot of the fight and Fielding gets dropped? It was sad hearing Fielding's post fight interview on IFL TV. He knew how bad of a performance he put on and how embarrassing it felt. But at least he got paid well?

Comment

He was there to collect a check. He kept looking for his corner to stop the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
            I wouldn't say he didn't come to fight because he certainly kept getting up and giving it a go. I would say that he lacked a gameplan though.
            He took a knee 4 times in 3 rounds and planned to quit from the first round. He didn't show up.

Comment

Don't want to be too critical as he was out of his depth and stevensons situation is fresh in people's minds but he didnt really try to win or put up much of an effort. Sky sports (as they always do) were hyping it up as a brave performanve but lets face it, he quit. He sprung straight back to his feet when the ref said the fight was over, im not a boxer but i thought if u went down from a body shot in the sweet spot then u literally cant move. I didnt see golovkin throwing himself on the floor every time he got hit in the body.
              Fielding embarrassed himself really when u consider the efforts of liam smith and khan in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                Don't want to be too critical as he was out of his depth and stevensons situation is fresh in people's minds but he didnt really try to win or put up much of an effort. Sky sports (as they always do) were hyping it up as a brave performanve but lets face it, he quit. He sprung straight back to his feet when the ref said the fight was over, im not a boxer but i thought if u went down from a body shot in the sweet spot then u literally cant move. I didnt see golovkin throwing himself on the floor every time he got hit in the body.
                Fielding embarrassed himself really when u consider the efforts of liam smith and khan in comparison.
                For a liver shot, yes. Canelo didn't hit Fielding anywhere near the liver. He just broke him down with normal, albiet hard Body Shots.
                You are 100% correct. Fielding just didn't want to be there. He wanted his corner to call it each time he dropped. When they told him to get up, he did with no troubles. I'm sure he told them in the locker room to throw in the towel if they see him in any trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaspa9t9 View Post
                  His corner kept telling him to get up. Every time he went down he looked at his corner. And when he got up I wouldn't call that giving it a go

Comment

This was hilarious

Comment

Working...
                    X